What are your favorite / funniest / weirdest posts and threads on MaidenFans?

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
I hope this isn't too controversial :p There are many posts and threads that I love re-reading time after time.

what is the longest iron maiden song is? - This one always makes me laugh.

Question about NO PRAYER album - aka Starblind vs. The Fugitive thread

What if Adrian had joined Def Leppard! - aka You're an idiot, goodbye! thread

THE PLAN to release debut album - What a throwback, can't believe it's been nearly 7 years since and MFC is TWENTY TWO YEARS OLD WTF?!

FAREWELL MAIDEN FANS - aka Too damn Liberal thread

Discuss!

Last edited:
My favourite is still this legendary and unbeaten stuff: There used to be a forum member (who sadly had to go, I did not want it but people could not take it anymore) who came up with all kinds of news.... except... it was not news: thousand_suns was his name.

Constantly he came up with stuff that happened at least a day, or even a week(?) earlier. Sport results, all kinds of stuff. At first people sort of tried to tell the dude what he was doing. But he never reacted (or hardly!). Instead he always came up with a "new" thing to report, as if he totally was unaware.

And then, one day, Perun came up with this....

Shit, can't find it...

@Perun, I felt sorry for what you were going through in this period, but I have to admit that the way you wrote this post was hilarious :) Probably my favorite rant in that whole thread.

Colleague sends me an email.

What he writes: "Hi, please help with the below.
What I read: "Hey, you know how I consider you my little assistant monkey who does all my work for me? Well, this will take a great chunk of your day, have fun!"
What I think: "Hey dickhead, I'm fucking busy, don't you see the fucking red square next to my name? You wanna know why I'm busy? Didn't our boss tell you that I'm supposed to process this 42 page long list full of garbled names F O R Y O U???? You know what I'm doing write now? I'm currently navigating through a website in FUCKING HEBREW because Google Translate is too fucking unreliable and while I can DECIPHER Hebrew script, note the emphasis on decipher, I can't actually read it, there is NO FUCKING WAY YOU CAN KNOW THIS, nor is there ANY FUCKING REASON WHY YOU SHOULD EXPECT THIS FROM ME, and don't even get me started on the FUCKING RIDICULOUS WAY YOU TRANSCRIBE CYRILLIC, WHICH MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO TRANSCRIBE IT BACK BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT I NEED TO DO TO FIND YOUR STUPID RUSSIAN COMPANIES and I'm taking five minutes for EACH FUCKING LINE IN YOUR STUPID LIST and that's why I left at 20:00 last night and came to work at 7:30, not having had a break in 5 hours TO DO YOUR FUCKING JOB FOR YOU AND THE FUCKING DEADLINE IS TONIGHT AND NOW YOU'RE GIVING ME THIS SHIT WHICH YOU KNOW TAKES UP A LONG TIME BECAUSE THAT'S WHY YOU'RE SENDING IT TO ME YOU FUCKING DICK!"
What I almost write: "I'm sorry, but I'm currently busy working on the list our boss sent me the other day."
Why I don't write the above: "Let's not be passive aggressive, this won't help anyone."
What I write instead: "Sorry, I'm currently very busy, I couldn't get this done before this afternoon."
What he responds: "That's truly a shame, but OK, this afternoon will do."
What I want to do: Smash everything, set fire to the building ask North Korea to drop a bomb to my "team"'s office in Germany.
What I do instead: Continue working on high pressure.
What my colleague next to me says: "Please look at the emails you're getting."
What I say: "I'm really busy with this..."
What my colleague next to me says: "Emails have priority, this is always the case."

maxresdefault.jpg

@The Flash's school year starts - blast from the past for The Flash :p I remember how invested everyone was in the outcome.

Thread of Large Cats Shitting

MFC's public apology thread to mtmccox and SMX

This forum is almost like a mini diary for me:

I don't drink alcohol btw :p
I still don't remember why I didn't.

Can I just say that I really dislike Game of Thrones?
Yes. I don't like it either.
SMH

Second time in last... maybe 2 months that I missed (glass) doors and smashed my head against a glass wall... at the same place as last time. Thank Barlow, no one noticed... again.
I walked head first into glass doors at uni for the 3rd time (as in, 3rd time, same doors). People saw but thankfully no one laughed and I just walked out asap. :oops:
:facepalm:

Going to Montenegro tomorrow morning. Not going to sleep tonight since the plane takes off early and I don't wanna sleep in :bigsmile:

One more Survivor update tonight, then nothing until I come back on the 27th :D
Soon. Worst trip ever. EVER. 35 minutes till the plane takes off, then a 40 minute flight, then about 30 minutes till home. Goodbye and fuck you, Montenegro.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Back