Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I love September! The trees change color, the temp cools off just enough, NFL and NCAA Football starts up, kids are back in school!

Why do you think it's impossible? There are so many smart people here, we'll figure something out. :p Plus, some of us know how women think.

Why do you think it's impossible? There are so many smart people here, we'll figure something out. :p Plus, some of us know how women think.

Well she's popular, she's the most beautiful girl in the school. I'm not popular and I'm only okay looking. Our personalities are close, we're both sophisticated and our tastes are alike. But she's very active and social unlike me who is calm in every situation and also is a total antisocial :D

I think it's a matter of age and maturity. I've always been told that I'm too mature for my age. I'm like a 30 year old in a 16 year old's body and well, she's not.

(i'm talking about my hopeless love on a Maiden forum, what have I come to ? :p)

You just go and ask her out. Honestly. There's really only two answers possible, "sure, why not" and "I'm kinda busy lately". I know it takes a lot of courage, but in a few year's time you will look back and wonder what was so difficult about that.

I think I'd agree with Perun on that.
If you say that you share similar interests, chances are she agrees to go out with you, even if she doesn't really fancy you physically. You could have a nice chat and once she sees all your charm and wit, she might change her mind. ;)

Besides, girls at 16 typically look for more mature boys, from what I remember.

You just go and ask her out. Honestly. There's really only two answers possible, "sure, why not" and "I'm kinda busy lately". I know it takes a lot of courage, but in a few year's time you will look back and wonder what was so difficult about that.

It doesn't work like that because it's my classmate and I've been into her for three years. It I was at the starting period, I would ask her out without even thinking about it. I've been rejected two times before. :D Being in my age, three years is a pretty big time to be into somebody. I started liking her when I was in 8th grade and I didn't even meet her because she was in a different school. Then we graduated and interestingly, we fell into the same class in the same school. Then I became good friends with her which has really cooled off lately and I think that's because she has realized that I'm into her.

I'm gonna ask her out eventually but I'm just too scared to face the rejection after being this crazily in love with her. I'm not scared of the event of she rejecting me, I'm scared to see the imaginations that have been messing with me, who I call a "realistic person", torn apart. I've done stuff that I wouldn't even imagine I would do, I let be the biggest part of my life without her even knowing what I was feeling.

The reason because I say it's impossible is because I know she has been into a guy. They have dated last year and the guy broke up with her and she really hasn't gotten used to it.

Hooks in You would be a great idea, I suppose. Or Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter ?

Doing things that are not typical for you is just a natural part of being in love, you know. If she knows you like her, then things are even easier - you have nothing to lose. Even if you get rejected, it'll help you move on. How much longer are you planning to devote yourself to secret adoration? ;)

edit: Three years at your age? Man, you are serious.

Flash? You gotta do it.

That you are doing things not typical for you when there's a girl you aren't even in a relationship with? You need to know, because if you don't, it'll end up destroying you worse than if she says no. Trust me on this one.

Plus one to the two posts above.
You may get the door slammed in your face, but until you knock, you're stuck standing in front of that door.
And that means you aren't knocking on other doors that may actually be the right ones.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help. I've come to the conclusion of a long thinking period and decided to go ahead and tell her what I feel. Again, thanks.

Back