The Trooper VIP Pre Party or First to the Barrier ... " WHICH ONE IS BETTER"

Hi

My question to all the Maiden fans

The Trooper VIP Pre Party or First to the Barrier ... " WHICH ONE IS BETTER" In your opinion

The VIP party says early entry which means you are entitled to be in the venue before the general public with lots of goodies

However Maiden FC winners will get first grab at the best standing view first hand around 60 are chosen I believe

If you want the best standing view

Which way would you choose ?
The front line....allways if you can .i think it outways the beer.

Last edited:
Ok, now I believe I can answer.

I got in the pre party last night. I waited in line for an hour? Then got a bag, then proceeded to wait in line for another hour. We were taken down to a room through at least 12 doors locked in and listened to maiden songs while we ate pulled pork sliders.
I tried out the new Edphones, which were cool. There was a drawing for a drum head signed by the band and Steve Harris signed Edphones. I didn't win. Rod showed up and I nearly had a selfie with him.

After being locked in a tiny room for an hour with 100 people we were allowed to leave and stood in line for "crowd free" shopping. I really stood in line for 30 minutes, but it's better than an hour.

We were allowed to go in the venue after we bought our stuff and the FTTB people made it in before us. So FTTB still gets in before pre party people!!

The bag was cool, I got some sort of oversized mousepad, A trooper beer flag, trooper beer can holder, key chain, and a lanyard. It also came with a free US tour shirt. But at the end of the night an oversized "play classics" fan spilled beer on my bag with all my stuff in it.

So it's cool if you want to buy stuff, but definitely not worth all the money it cost. Could have at least had one band member come in. And there was way too many people in the room. I'm going to enter FTTB for my Tacoma show. If you want to be on the rail, then FTTB is definitely better.

Yeah, for what they are charging, I would expect more. Maiden does not really strike me as a meet and greet kind of band, but I would expect more stuff (signed album/poster and/or some unique not available elsewhere item, like a mini plane or special shirt)

Ok, now I believe I can answer.

I got in the pre party last night. I waited in line for an hour? Then got a bag, then proceeded to wait in line for another hour. We were taken down to a room through at least 12 doors locked in and listened to maiden songs while we ate pulled pork sliders.
I tried out the new Edphones, which were cool. There was a drawing for a drum head signed by the band and Steve Harris signed Edphones. I didn't win. Rod showed up and I nearly had a selfie with him.

After being locked in a tiny room for an hour with 100 people we were allowed to leave and stood in line for "crowd free" shopping. I really stood in line for 30 minutes, but it's better than an hour.

We were allowed to go in the venue after we bought our stuff and the FTTB people made it in before us. So FTTB still gets in before pre party people!!

The bag was cool, I got some sort of oversized mousepad, A trooper beer flag, trooper beer can holder, key chain, and a lanyard. It also came with a free US tour shirt. But at the end of the night an oversized "play classics" fan spilled beer on my bag with all my stuff in it.

So it's cool if you want to buy stuff, but definitely not worth all the money it cost. Could have at least had one band member come in. And there was way too many people in the room. I'm going to enter FTTB for my Tacoma show. If you want to be on the rail, then FTTB is definitely better.
Thats not to bad for the price..l showed up 9 hour before to party .not pre party..seen bruce...

here is my review of the VIP package..... DUDE! I would totally suggest doing the VIP package. So you get in earlier than the rail people. But that is just to your party. You get FOOD (all you can eat finger foods like pizza, wings, dips, chips and cookies) and tons of other cool once in a lifetime items. (my fav being the bar runner that is really of great quality. you can't get that anywhere) And 2 free trooper beers (valued at $10 each) AND, you can just walk right down and get on the floor right after the barrier peeps. We COULD have gotten like row 3 or 4 but we chose to hang out... WITH ROD SMALLWOOD! He came walking in to take pix and drink a beer with his Maiden peeps! IT was amazing and SO worth it... I would do the VIP! And then just leave and get second to the barrier.

Go talk to the lady KIM that throws the VIP Trooper Party and tell her that CHAD from Tulsa sent you! (i got 6 of my friend into the VIP party just to eat the rest of the food) and she was telling me to bring in all my friends! Trooper beer for them... $10 each. But always worth it. (Kim loves The Chad!)

So can anybody else chime in on the trooper VIP deal? I have GA floor seats for Denver show. Will this VIP deal give me the opportunity to get on the floor before the majority of other GA floor ticket holders? Will I have to carry my "goodie bad" down on the floor with me for the show? Can you take your trooper beers down on the floor with you?

So can anybody else chime in on the trooper VIP deal? I have GA floor seats for Denver show. Will this VIP deal give me the opportunity to get on the floor before the majority of other GA floor ticket holders? Will I have to carry my "goodie bad" down on the floor with me for the show? Can you take your trooper beers down on the floor with you?
Ok I will.
Yes, yes, and yes, that is if you want to be thrown out.

Hi Michael

I'm also doing the VIP package but for the LA show

From what I have heard ,

We get in 15 min before doors open

We go in right after FTTB

For the goodie bag ... When you check in at the VIP table they will give you your goodie bag and your choice to take it to your car or keep it with you

Then you wait in another line to get in to go to the VIP pre party

From what I heard a dude took his trooper beer with him to his seats after the pre party so you may want to ask the host or go ahead and do it :)

Hope I helped in some way

One other question for anybody that knows. What is the duration of the trooper VIP party? 1 hour? 2 hours? Sorry for all the questions but I am excited to do this. I saw the Tulsa show and it was AWESOME but I was up in nose bleed seats!! Ready to see Maiden up close!!!!

Hello All! Heading down to L.A. for the show On Friday April 15th. My first show was Powerslave in Oakland CA...30 Years Ago?! Damn...Anyways...I got The Trooper 'Pre-Party' package. I know the price seems like a lot of $$$ but I'm going to do something for ME for once...Haha. Question. What time does the Pre-Party Start? When Shall I Get To The Arena?! My seats are upstairs, but no matter, just glad to be seeing Maiden. Up The Irons My Friends!!!

Alright, let me answer all that i can. the duration of the party was about 2 hours, it seemed like we were in there drinking, talking to KIM while Raven Age was playing. Eating all the remaining food. (haha) (Tell Kim that CHAD from Tulsa says HI!) Just go to the party, drink a lil, eat a lil, THEN try to get down to floor when they let the FTB peeps down there. Easy! Worst case you will get let into the floor 15 mins before normal public! so that is great. And Vapster666, yeah bro... 1st show was 3/4/85! Powerslave. I celebrate it STILL every year as first maiden show. But, we got to the arena at 4:45, got our free gear at 5:15, WENT BACK TO THE CAR TO PUT UP EVERYTHING except the small lil backpak they give you, to carry MORE MERCH in. So do that. then the preparty was at like 5:45 or 6? Upstairs? yikes.... well, Hallowed be thy name kind sir. UP THE IRONS! Any other questions?

Back