Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Homeland! It's fucking awesome.

Also, not really newish (started in 2009) - Parks & Recreation. Best comedy TV series currently, IMO.

Cool. I just read the short About on the Official site. Sounds very interesting. Will give it a shot!

I'm not big on comedy series. Never watch any to be honest :)

Howard+Webb+Italy+v+Croatia+Group+C+UEFA+EURO+Zi1ftYLxfNNl.jpg

Can I just say that I really dislike Game of Thrones?
Sure you can.

I think it's great. Not as great as the books (which are not just another fantasy series), but still great. Most excellent character portraying with lots of intrigue.

Tyrion (played by Peter Dinklage) is singlehandedly the coolest character that has been on television in years.

You never know what George Martin does with his main characters. E.g. he can kill them off unexpectedly. So you're constantly on the edge. So, these are everything but "just another" medieval/fantasy series.

Sure you can. I think it's great. Not as great as the books (which are not just another fantasy series), but still great. Most excellent character portraying with lots of intrigue. So, everything but "just another" medieval/fantasy series.
I can't disagree with this more. Everything that Martin does was done better by proper authors not-too-long before or after. Jacqueline Carey has written a similar series but it is just better, even if it is very sexually graphic (something that not everyone can handle).

I can't disagree with this more. Everything that Martin does was done better by proper authors not-too-long before or after. Jacqueline Carey has written a similar series but it is just better, even if it is very sexually graphic (something that not everyone can handle).
I haven't read the other authors that Loosey seems to be comparing to Martin. So, given that everything is relative, he may have a point. All I can say is, standing alone, without the benefit of having read any other fantasy series (besides LotR), A Song of Ice and Fire is entertaining as hell, though the series falls off a bit after the [spectacular] third book -- Martin may be spinning his wheels trying to figure out how to wrap everything up. The TV series, Game of Thrones, is nearly as good. Last week's episode may have been the best of the entire series so far -- though, again, Book/Season Three is the high point of the story, anyway. I agree with Foro about Dinklage, he's great as Tyrion. The acting is uniformly top-notch, especially the actors who portray Jaime and Danaerys -- which is good, as they are among the more interesting characters. The noteworthy exception is Cersei, who is either badly acted or badly directed, or both -- which is a shame, as she's also a very important character.

I'm very late to this conversation but I watch Game of Thrones and I happen to very much enjoy it. Haven't read the books yet but my husband has and he also enjoys the series alot.

I watched the first episode, but haven't gotten any deeper into it.

In other news, I found out today that my ex made a mistake on her taxes and 'accidentally' claimed my daughter when she wasn't supposed to. So this will take me 2 - 3 months to sort out... as it is, it could cost me $1300. grr.

Girls and I stopped by the market to pick out some steaks to grill. I got home and was out of gas!

So, pizza tonight and steak for lunch tomorrow!

In the mean-time, the youngest and I are watching movies on Netflix.

Back