Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

The fact is that Maiden has done basically every realistic tour concept. They have revisited every era from the 80s and, over the course of the reunion, they have hit the majority of songs that were played back in the 80s. They’re not going to do a 90s themed tour and while I wouldn’t rule out a tour focusing on the reunion era, I don’t think the next tour will be it. The only thing left is to double dip on nostalgia tours they’ve done already, Powerslave makes sense.
Meh. Id rather a tour encompassing their whole career, like the legacy tour, with a new theme, but also with a new setlist.

I know they won't do a 90s tour. When I mention 90s I mean out of fifteen songs encompassing their career, you might have 3 or 4 90's tunes- Bring your daughter, Fear of the Dark (obviously, boringly), and a Blaze era tune (most likely Clansman but I want Futureal)

Or perhaps the theme could be one song from every album

So the set could be

Iron Maiden (you don't open with it)

Killers

Number of the Beast

Trooper

Powerslave

Wasted Years

Infinite Dreams (if only)

Bring your Daughter

Fear of the Dark

Sign of the Cross (I would prefer Man on the Edge but I don't think Nicko could play it now, or preferably something Bruce hasn't sung from the album before)

Futureal

Blood Brothers

Dance of Death

These Colours Don't Run

El Dorado (I dunno, I don't love the FF album)

If Eternity Should Fail

Stratego

I guess 17 songs is quite a lot nowadays but if they're mostly shorter songs it could work

Last edited:
If they won’t make Flash of the Blade live premiere, Powerslave heavy tour will be so boring. Aces High again? 2 minutes to midnight? Come on. Powerslave? It’s good but we had chance to listen the title track few times in previous years. It’s ok if they play Rime but I would prefer To Tame a Land or Seventh Son. Way better than Phantom anyway.
It's been so done I agree

Meh. Id rather a tour encompassing their whole career, like the legacy tour, with a new theme, but also with a new setlist.

Or perhaps the theme could be one song from every album

So the set could be

Iron Maiden (you don't open with it)

Killers

Number of the Beast

Trooper

Powerslave

Wasted Years

Infinite Dreams (if only)

Bring your Daughter

Fear of the Dark

Sign of the Cross (I would prefer Man on the Edge but I don't think Nicko could play it now, or preferably something Bruce hasn't sung from the album before)

Futureal

Blood Brothers

Dance of Death

These Colours Don't Run

El Dorado (I dunno, I don't love the FF album)

If Eternity Should Fail

Stratego

I guess 17 songs is quite a lot nowadays but if they're mostly shorter songs it could work
That’s a strangely perfect setlist

Last edited:
Paul teased an upcoming Maiden DVD... I assume related to the 50th anniv, so next year's tour will be a celebration of that, as we expect.

I'm really surprised to hear that Maiden are going back to the DVD format, probably only for the (rumored) documentary^. It makes sense to be released before the tour next year as a promo for it (early next year)? Or maybe the tour won't be inspired by it and they will just mark the anniv with it. Kind of doubtful. That's probably when Bruce said that there is something special for next year, the tour too. A long documentary about the whole career will be cool, but unfortunately I guess it won't be that detailed, especially for the songs/albums. Just eras, tours and other events.

Last edited:
Paul teased an upcoming Maiden DVD... I assume related to the 50th anniv, so next year's tour will be a celebration of that?

I'm really surprised to hear that Maiden are going back to the DVD format, probably only for the (rumored) documentary^. It makes sense to be released before the tour next year as a promo for it. Or maybe the tour won't be inspired by it and they will just mark the anniv with it. Kind of doubtful. That's probably when Bruce said that there is something special for next year, the tour too I guess. A long documentary about the whole career will cool, but unfortunately I guess it won't be that detailed, especially for the songs/albums. Just eras, tours and other events.
Doesn't have to be a DVD necessarily. Could be blu ray or just digital. Paul strikes me as the kind of person who'd call any video release a DVD, like the folks who call any console a Nintendo :D

Probably completely unlikely, but I just had a thought:

If the next step is a documentary video and a 50th anniversary tour this would be the opportunity to (re-)release some vault footage. Live in Donington never got a new release, but also stuff like an AMOLAD or Ed Huntour live album would be amazing. They could release a series of live albums from across their career, but I'm also aware that this isn't how Maiden usually operates. Still, a man can dream.

Who knows, I think docum and the 50 anniversary tour are in cards, the most likely in my humble opinion. The special merch is obvious, maybe the marketing deals. Bruce rode the Triumph motorcycle model built in cooperation with Maiden, probably that's a thing. I hope the tour will be special in terms of production, there won't be better opportunity to do this.

If the next step is a documentary video and a 50th anniversary tour this would be the opportunity to (re-)release some vault footage. Live in Donington never got a new release, but also stuff like an AMOLAD or Ed Huntour live album would be amazing. They could release a series of live albums from across their career, but I'm also aware that this isn't how Maiden usually operates. Still, a man can dream.

This.

Who knows, I think docum and the 50 anniversary tour are in cards, the most likely in my humble opinion. The special merch is obvious, maybe the marketing deals. Bruce rode the Triumph motorcycle model built in cooperation with Maiden, probably that's a thing. I hope the tour will be special in terms of production, there won't be better opportunity to do this.
Maybe we will see Hell Bent For Leather style stage entrance on the upcoming tour. :ninja: Imagine From Here to Eternity or Be Quick Or Be Dead starting and then... Bruce starts screeching.

I think they are saving past recordings for past-retirement.
Thing is, are there even that many to choose from? We know there's a full-on AMOLAD tour live DVD with footage at least from Donington but also from '06 that's just sitting on some server somewhere, mixed but never released, but beyond that I dunno what else they even have.

Thing is, are there even that many to choose from? We know there's a full-on AMOLAD tour live DVD with footage at least from Donington but also from '06 that's just sitting on some server somewhere, mixed but never released, but beyond that I dunno what else they even have.
If it's audio only they have an essentially unlimited amount since all shows in the last 20 or so years have been recorded. Video is obviously more limited, but I don't really care for those that much. They are neat and I'd watch the show a couple of times, but I'll listen to a good live album hundreds of times.

We have the B sides that were recorded in Copenhagen in November 2006 IIRC. Those sound pretty good and I'd assume they've recorded the whole show.

All shows from 2005 onwards or so are recorded. If they didn't lose those, there should be multitracks from 500+ shows. Add to that that they probably have parts of some shows from the past too.

If you release one of those or a compilation per year, you stay relevant.

They could release live songs made like a concert/album(preferred with videos) from all tours as part of the documentary. That would be awesome too.
I hope the tour will be special in terms of production, there won't be better opportunity to do this.
Indeed. Especially to try some ''different'' things for the band, like the screens now.

A maiden dvd sounds awesome.

We need some material from so many tours. AMOLAD for example. Would still love a few Blaze bits, if not a whole show too (just put out his own songs).

I'm really excited

The band just released their summer collection, everything in the video is Powerslave themed. A hint for next year?

But it is the 2024 summer collection, which is not very logical as an hint at something that will be the big theme of 2025.

Back