Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

I don't like the decline in the quality of Maiden related merch. Maybe it's just me, but back then the graphics etc. had a slightly better style.

Once upon a time, a market near my house sold fake T-shirts of famous bands. Their graphic style was always a little bit off. For a few years now I've had the same impression when I look at Iron Maiden T-shirts. Of course, sometimes there are exceptions and the T-shirts are cool.

On this new collection eddie even doesn't look like eddie anymore...

Powerslave turns 40 this September, so it's natural that they released some merch to celebrate it.
True, and in a couple of weeks its been 40 years since World Slavery Tour, their biggest, kicked off, so I wouldn't read too much into it. My money is still on all career spanning tour, which is a bit difficult to represent with only 15 songs admittedly, but still.

As someone rightly pointed on at around pages 20-25, doing a tour revolving around LAD would be a colossal let down. Doing it once back in 08 was like "if you really must" (the setlist could have been a bit better). Doing it again is just sad cabaree material. In my view they would only get away with it by dropping Aces High & 2 Minutes To Midnight and include at least one of the "middle" songs.

As someone rightly pointed on at around pages 20-25, doing a tour revolving around LAD would be a colossal let down. Doing it once back in 08 was like "if you really must" (the setlist could have been a bit better). Doing it again is just sad cabaree material. In my view they would only get away with it by dropping Aces High & 2 Minutes To Midnight and include at least one of the "middle" songs.

I couldn't see any logic behind such an idea. Why would that celebrate the band's 50-year history.

I couldn't see any logic behind such an idea. Why would that celebrate the band's 50-year history.
Either I failed to elaborate or you were unable to read between the lines. Probably a bit of both, as those two paragraphs were meant to be a separate thing you see. What I meant is that should they choose to do the LAD thing again which I sincerely hope is not the case, then No Aces, yes middle & blah blah blah. We can't be 100% sure what is the plan theme wise.

But I believe its gonna be the career spanning setlist.

Last edited:
Yeah. Nothing will justify such a tour for me, especially now, and even if they play 2 of the middle songs.
View attachment 38035

so.... is it just a random thing?
Powerslave or BNW? Nah, they're going to do something for the anniv of the former. Like they did with POM and I think Bruce said in an interview that they were going to do something. They just tease it. I wouldn't read too much. Also, let's not forget the upcoming documentary, for the whole career(!). Maiden won't repeat themselves. Plus I guess the tour dates for next year will be announced around November.

Realistically speaking - for the Powerslave anniversary, songs like 2 minutes to midnight/revelations, aces high, powerslave or rime are pretty much a given. These are songs that most concert goers know. There are two questions:
- which of these songs will not cause Nicko any problems throughout the tour.
- which songs to add to the setlist to make it surprising/engaging for the fans.

However, due to the anniversary and potential challenge for Nicko on this tour, I don't expect too many surprises. IMO, I'd rather they play songs that sound good and don't burden Nicko too much than songs that will surprise me as a fan but will fall apart due to various problems.

Powerslave theme or not I expect 2 Minutes To Midnight return next year. Would love Rime Of The Ancient Mariner make it's way to the setlist.

In 2025, I think the band will just play whatever Nicko is able to do, greatest hits kind of setlist. Maybe one nugget for those who have seen the band 10+ times, like To tame a land or Rime of the ancient mariner. No old stage set or anniversary of any album. Maybe something similar to Legacy tour, with new stage stuff

Exactly, 50 Anni Legacy World Tour 2025/26 would be great with bigger production than on original Legacy of the Beast Tour.
In 2025, I think the band will just play whatever Nicko is able to do, greatest hits kind of setlist. Maybe one nugget for those who have seen the band 10+ times, like To tame a land or Rime of the ancient mariner. No old stage set or anniversary of any album. Maybe something similar to Legacy tour, with new stage stuff,

Too early to say anything for sure as of yet (duhh...), but assuming that the 2025 tour will touch the Powerslave & 50th anniversary milestones in some notable way, I'd speculate the following:

- as some other(s) have suggested, I think they might, in a way, rehash the LOTB stage set concept of the "worlds" in slightly different, era-driven format: for example, open with Moonchild (or just include a few other Seventh Son tracks there) blue & white icy drapes etc. and after a few tracks, reveal the LAD/Powerslave/TBOS/Ed-Huntour esque "temple/pyramid" stage set underneath; both mentioned stage setups are easy to fill with references to the different albums and Eddies and effects of all sorts, along with props (e.g sarcophagus, inflatables...) should be able to make it lively enough for the remaining set length.

- this way the show would be using visual callbacks to the classic stage sets yet not rehashing the previous history tours too much; it also makes including material from the later albums slightly more "fitting" as it's easy to put visual references to the later eras to the stage show itself

As for setlist, I'd say LOTB set(s) are rather good indicator of the most likely "era spread"; majority of the setlist will be from the golden years, with some very welcome returning show centerpieces in the vein of Powerslave and Rime of the Ancient Mariner. 2 Minutes to Midnight might make its return as well and I'd expect slightly heavier Seventh Son coverage than on the previous tours. I'd also guess that something like Flight of Icarus and/or Phantom of the Opera have a solid chance to reappear. Given the heavy Senjutsu coverage of late, I think that any "modern" stuff will be 1-2 songs of the already-classics from Brave New World and/or Dance of Death. In other words, I doubt that any 2010-2021 stuff will be played, unless The Writing on the Wall becomes a semi staple (which I wouldn't mind)! As for 90's, I wouldn't rule out one slight surprise in the vein of Afraid to Shoot Strangers to make it. The Clansman would be most obvious, but assuming there will be a handful of more "epic" tracks already, I think they might go with a somewhat lighter cut. I'm always down for more Sign of the Cross, but I doubt it'd be featured, especially if Rime and possibly some other 80's show centerpiece will be there. Futureal was in the speculation for the Future Past tour and while that has absolutely nothing to do with whatever they'll come up with for 2025, I think its odds have somewhat improved if they want to go with a fast-paced, classics-esque opener that is relatively merciful for Nicko.

So, given that they'll most likely play 15 songs and Fear of the Dark & Iron Maiden are cemented in any case, I think it's very likely that we'll get some very, very pleasant inclusions and a few "they missed that chance again..." instances. Nothing is perfect etc. ;)

I'd be surprised if they mixed the 50th anniversary with with Powerslave material. Especially since they already did that set on SBIT.

I'm leaning more into the idea of an early years focus (then again, they've done that also). We could end up with an all round greatest hits package. I do agree that 2MTM will make a comeback

And remember, 2025 is also a TXF anniversary. I wouldn't put it past Steve to revive some of that material. LOTF would be nice.

Back