Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

I also have this weird feeling the next new tour will be Powerslave heavy.
POWERSLAVE heavy tour would be great, that's for sure. Also this choice would fit logically. World Slavery tour was the first monster tour of the band. They rose to stardom and now they will ride proudly into the sunset. I would vote for such tour with my both arms. And this tour, most likely, will be the last tour of Maiden as we know it.

If they won’t make Flash of the Blade live premiere, Powerslave heavy tour will be so boring. Aces High again? 2 minutes to midnight? Come on. Powerslave? It’s good but we had chance to listen the title track few times in previous years. It’s ok if they play Rime but I would prefer To Tame a Land or Seventh Son. Way better than Phantom anyway.

Steve Harris thanked Blaze Bayley in the "thanks" section of the Senjutsu's booklet. It can mean everything or nothing. But, I think it's an indication of what will happen next year : a tour with all the people that were in Iron Maiden once. It could mean Blaze, Bruce, Paul, Paul and Dennis as singers, and all the guitarists, drummers (except Clive, R.I.P.)... So, it's very possible that some rare songs from the 90's will be played (as "The Aftermath", "Man On The Edge", "Virus", "Lightning Strikes Twice", "Futureal", etc).

If they won’t make Flash of the Blade live premiere, Powerslave heavy tour will be so boring. Aces High again? 2 minutes to midnight? Come on. Powerslave? It’s good but we had chance to listen the title track few times in previous years. It’s ok if they play Rime but I would prefer To Tame a Land or Seventh Son. Way better than Phantom anyway.
Don't forget Aces Mid-height, which is what would happen considering their age.

I'm more interested in seeing which classics that haven't been played in a while are likely to return. I'll focus a bit on SSOASS since it's one of the most popular albums, but its representation is a bit more limited.

The Evil That Men Do for example is one of the songs that gets featured extensively for a tour and then disappears from the setlist for a few years. It was played a lot in 2018/2019, and technically the this is barely a couple tours ago. On the other hand by 2025 it'll be 6 years removed from its last appearance.

The Clairvoyant is probably the song with the next highest likelihood, considering how prominent it was in the 90s. A bit like CIPWM on TFP, not a proper deep cut, but a classic that is more sporadic than the TNOTB trio for example. In a similar vein Moonchild has seen quite a bit of play time since the reunion and would be a crowd pleaser.

Infinite Dreams I would've ignored before the Future Past tour and would've thought its return to be impossible. Now, I think there's a chance. If Alexander made the cut all bets are off.

The title track is a bit of a wild card. It's been mentioned before as one of the songs they'd like to revisit. Just like Powerslave came back for the Book Of Souls tour, I could see SSOASS being played as a regular epic on a future tour.

Then we have the two never before played songs. I don't think The Prophecy will remain unplayed. I would've said the same for OTGDY, but with the aforementioned AtG changing things and the fact that Steve mentioned that he's like to play it at some point, its chances aren't that bad. It's a relatively straightforward rocker, nothing too complex going on (unlike AtG odd-time signatures) and Steve would get the quasi-bass solo in the instrumental section.

Aces High was pretty crappy singing-wise on the Maiden England tour. :(
Might have been. Being in the encore is maybe the reason.

From the footage I have watched from 2012 I haven't gotten the impression Bruce wasn't at the same level as 2018.

This is a very good performance I think

The whole show is there. Phantom of the Opera from this show is one of my favourite performances of the song

100% agreed. I'd even go further... After listening to a ton of clips from TFP tour I think the last time he sounded noticeably better was the Maiden England Tour. In some tracks he sounds way less raspy (WOTW and Wasted Years are great examples).
Since the 2018 tour imo. And yeah, TWOTW sounds better live.
I don't see an epics tour being feasible or working out well, but we'll see.
Me too. I don't think that was a serious thought from Bruce.
next your will be one for the masses and not the fans. the closest we'll ever get to a tour for the fans is TFP. My two cents.
Probably, but that doesn't mean the setlist will be the same old classics again. I hope and think they will continue with the fresh approach and with at least 3-4 deep cuts.
...or something else. They could revisit Powerslave or Seventh Son again, they could do another hybrid sort of tour, we don't really know anything at this point.
They've already done 2 big tours revisiting these albums so it should/will be something new. Otherwise it would be so disappointing and boring (even if they play Flash Of The Blade). Why would they want to repeat themselves (now), with the stage too. This is not their style since the Reunion, they always want to play more new/different songs (Nicko expressed a desire for that for the next tour), new concepts for tours. And why would they want to limit themselves with the songs choices for a 3rd tour in a row? Just call the tour 50 years celebration and you can play whatever you want - and they can still play mostly 80's songs. They can dust off songs like Boots, Murders, Phantom, Wrathchild (I know)...

There won't be a 90's-themed tour, a Reunion-songs tour most likely too, so the choices are limited. I think they could use the hybrid formula with the next album.
I know I'm in the minority on this, but revisiting LAD/Powerslave is probably the least exciting thing they could do and I'd be genuinely disappointed. Please, anything but that.
Agreed.
It was different because of the worlds.
Well, I'm kinda sure that the next tour won't be Clive-recorded tracks heavy. Clive did a lot of things that would be hard for Nicko to play currently (going from what Nicko has stated). Lots of cross handed drumming, snare rolls and non typical fills, which are hard for Nicko at this point.
I think the tour theme/setlist isn't set in stone at this point (although they have some ideas). But will be in a month or two.
I agree about songs from the early days. I think everything around the tour next year is ready. The setlist? Probably the core of it.
I'm more interested in seeing which classics that haven't been played in a while are likely to return.
Yep. Songs like Evil That Men Do, Clairvoyant(?)/Moonchild and even Seventh Son and Infinite Dreams have a chance. Throw in other songs like To Tame A Land/Sun And Steel, Only The Good Die Young, Rime, a surprise from the 90's and/or from the Reunion era (more unexpected than Brave New World) and it's enough for a cool set. After the current tour and Alexander (btw, for which Nicko said the band discussed playing it during the next tour before the 2nd leg of LOTB tour, iirc from a recent interview), everything is possible.

Back