The Future Past Tour 2024

Nah, it changed recently. During the LOTB tour usually the last 2 songs were Highway To Hell and Blackbird (Alter Bridge).
Rainbow in the Dark was played before Doctor Doctor in 2010 I believe after the death of Ronnie James Dio.

I could see part of Remember Tomorrow or Killers being played before Doctor Doctor today.

Great show in St. Paul tonight. Bruce went for most of the high notes and hit almost all of them, Janick’s melodic lead that was added to SIASL was actually very classy and well done, and I really liked most of the set list choices. The in-arena live sound was great, too. And Bruce paid tribute to Paul without getting too morose about it.

TL;DR: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Bruce just had a lot of nice words to say about Paul before “The Time Machine”, and asked for a few seconds of silence.
Beautiful to hear and a class act and speech from Bruce. He talked about Paul's amazing voice which was instrumental for the first 2 groundbreaking albums, he mentioned his Battlezone stuff and said a song like Remember Tomorrow is absolutely awesome. Imagine if they played it...

We know from Ullevi 2005 that Bruce likes it a lot, but I think now that this song has a little more chance for next year. And it's not difficult.

Reactions: Jer
I saw a lot of comments under videos that Adrian is angry at Nicko because of the inconsistant tempos, while actually it's quite opposite. Adrian has been helping Nicko as much as he can during the gigs. It's quite amazing to see. And Nicko appreciates that.

Does this look like two band members that don't get on?

I noticed this year that Adrian is quite active trying to improve the performances. Not only with Nicko, but he always signals to Bruce when he starts singing off-time. I think it's great that they acknowledge the mistakes and try to improve the performances so far into the tour.

I think the only way that Nicko continues to improve is with the help of the band. And they are doing exactly that. For the first time in a while I think Nicko will play on RFYL tour in 2025. He is changing things and trying things out (IEM's, lots of band communication, Adrian basically coaching him during gigs), which is a sign of somebody who doesn't want to retire.

Denver and Salt Lake gigs looked like they have a blast at the moment. Bruce is also possibly in the best form singing-wise on this leg at the moment.
This is so great to see and hear. Nicko should play slightly better next year too, right, even some of the tough material (Hallowed, Hills, Killers, Land, Rime, Phantom, it won't be easy though). Only the fast rolls will be a no.

Back