The Future Past Tour 2024

Dave's having fun, I guess.

I agree with the original comment. As much as some fills are needed and can be out of time because of that, I prefer fast tempo. The drum rolls are tougher for him, right. Hallowed, if played next year, will be very tough, of all tough 80's songs.
Not that fills are not played... They are out of time and it sounds like they might fall off the rails.

And I think that's the main reason why Adrian tries to keep tempos reasonable.

They're twin cities, but as far as I'm aware the locals aren't that happy with the other one being called out all the time.
It’s not that big of a deal. Some St. Paul lifers get bent out of shape if the area is referred to as Minneapolis, but the city limits touch and Minneapolis is the larger of the two cities.

Don't have much to add to Jer's review of last night. Bruce was in amazing form, hitting most of his highs with very little noticeable straining. The Di'Anno speech was nicely and respectfully done, so it was great to have been there in person for that. Oddest bit of the night was the blink-and-you'll-miss-it appearance of SIASL Eddie during that song. He came out for what seemed like 10-15 seconds, and then turned around and went backstage. Not sure if that's what always happens during that bit since I haven't watched loads of video from the tour, but the brevity seemed weird, like he missed a cue or something wasn't working right.

Thought for sure Legacy would've been my last time seeing them live, so I'm quite grateful I got the chance again, even if I didn't get as close on the floor as I usually do.
Yep, that fast visit from Eddie was weird in my show aswell, I would have hoped him to last little longer.

Well, Maiden show #7 in the books. Dare I say it was the best one yet? Band sounded on it on it the whole night and whoever's on the board for this tour figured out to not turn everything up so loud that everything just sounds like a giant cement mixer (coughcough 2022.) Bruce was in great spirits the whole show (no Di'Anno mention tonight.) Nicko was as I expected where you don't notice the lack of fills as much, but the tempos were fantastic.

Won't be able to attend another Future Past date, so I'm glad SIT and Senjutsu got their due in a set. Bring on Run For Your Lives.

I think that was the heaviest I've ever heard the trooper. Wow.
I thought the same about Icarus in 2018.
Dare I say it was the best one yet? Band sounded on it on it the whole night... Bruce was in great spirits the whole show, Nicko was as I expected where you don't notice the lack of fills as much, but the tempos were fantastic.
so I'm glad SIT and Senjutsu got their due in a set. Bring on Run For Your Lives.
This is often heard. The band is still delivering and this tour is special. We are ready for more surprises.

Back