The Future Past Tour 2024

Would that not be a kind of shit mix then, from a listener's point of view, i.e. it's mixed for the guitarist to hear what he needs to hear on stage?
Yes. If you listen to the videos and the TBOS tour ones, they're not exactly great. In this instance at least according to the description, they actually did extra work and mixed in some audience audio recorded with a phone so it's not entirely just guitar with vague drums, bass and vocals in the background. But I still wouldn't exactly call it a great listening experience.

Yes. If you listen to the videos and the TBOS tour ones, they're not exactly great. In this instance at least according to the description, they actually did extra work and mixed in some audience audio recorded with a phone so it's not entirely just guitar with vague drums, bass and vocals in the background. But I still wouldn't exactly call it a great listening experience.
The audience could be from ambient microphones, which the band has in their IEMs.

How does anyone manage to get hold of a soundboard recording?
Does anybody know what's the reason that Maiden doesn't offer soundboard recordings for fans? Within Temptation performed in Tallinn couple of weeks ago and I think at the end of the concert they offered soundboard recording from the show via QR code. I guess they do it at every show. But why not Maiden? I would definetly buy it if they offered that chance.

Does anybody know what's the reason that Maiden doesn't offer soundboard recordings for fans? Within Temptation performed in Tallinn couple of weeks ago and I think at the end of the concert they offered soundboard recording from the show via QR code. I guess they do it at every show. But why not Maiden? I would definetly buy it if they offered that chance.
Because somebody needs to mix the multitracks. Pooch used to do that for Linkin Park, but stopped because it was simply too much work.

Also if the show is bad, I think they wouldn't want the professional recordings of it floating around.

That said, they could do a Metallica and release one song from each show.

Because they don't play ..... very good

Metallica give out codes for mp3 recordings of every show to attendees. At least they used to.

Maiden could at least do something similar as a perk to fan club members.

They also charge for the shows you didn't attend, which would be seen as a cash grab

I saw a lot of comments under videos that Adrian is angry at Nicko because of the inconsistant tempos, while actually it's quite opposite. Adrian has been helping Nicko as much as he can during the gigs. It's quite amazing to see. And Nicko appreciates that.

Does this look like two band members that don't get on?

I noticed this year that Adrian is quite active trying to improve the performances. Not only with Nicko, but he always signals to Bruce when he starts singing off-time. I think it's great that they acknowledge the mistakes and try to improve the performances so far into the tour.

I think the only way that Nicko continues to improve is with the help of the band. And they are doing exactly that. For the first time in a while I think Nicko will play on RFYL tour in 2025. He is changing things and trying things out (IEM's, lots of band communication, Adrian basically coaching him during gigs), which is a sign of somebody who doesn't want to retire.

Denver and Salt Lake gigs looked like they have a blast at the moment. Bruce is also possibly in the best form singing-wise on this leg at the moment.

I saw a lot of comments under videos that Adrian is angry at Nicko because of the inconsistant tempos, while actually it's quite opposite. Adrian has been helping Nicko as much as he can during the gigs. It's quite amazing to see. And Nicko appreciates that.

Does this look like two band members that don't get on?

I noticed this year that Adrian is quite active trying to improve the performances. Not only with Nicko, but he always signals to Bruce when he starts singing off-time. I think it's great that they acknowledge the mistakes and try to improve the performances so far into the tour.

I think the only way that Nicko continues to improve is with the help of the band. And they are doing exactly that. For the first time in a while I think Nicko will play on RFYL tour in 2025. He is changing things and trying things out (IEM's, lots of band communication, Adrian basically coaching him during gigs), which is a sign of somebody who doesn't want to retire.

Denver and Salt Lake gigs looked like they have a blast at the moment. Bruce is also possibly in the best form singing-wise on this leg at the moment.

I have not listened to the whole gig, but I agree. They sound really good.

I think your point about Adrian wanting to help Nicko is spot on and, if I may say so, really nice to see.

I could see them play one of the Di'Anno era songs over the PA before Doctor Doctor with a picture of him on the screens. They did something similar when one in the crew passed away in 2022(?). They played Closer to the Heart by Rush back then.

Yeah, I think there will be some sort of tribute either before the show or during one of Bruce's speeches, but not more than that. However, I do believe there is a good chance they do a proper tribute during one of the Di'Anno era tracks featured in next year's tour (with pictures of him in the screens and stuff like that).

There'll be a few Di'Anno tunes on the RFYL tour but it's highly unlikely they'll change the setlist here.

More likely is Bruce will say something prior to the only Paul era tune (IM) and maybe they'll play a short video tribute before the show.
I kinda doubt they'll put together a tribute video in time for tomorrow's gig, but I'm hoping for a mention somewhere during the show. I know Maiden's not the most touchy-feely band out there, but I can't imagine Bruce at least wouldn't say something at the show. I'll be at tomorrow's St. Paul show, and @Jer too mentioned he was from an earlier post...and no doubt if Bruce says anything it'll show up on YouTube likely before either of us could report it.

I do hope for some sort of tribute video for next year's shows, but not counting on it. Again, not a band that's big on that sort of thing (as Bruce once said, Steve's more of a "pass the salt" sort of a guy when it comes to the sorts of talks that go on behind the scenes), and well...it's ultimately his band.

Back