The Future Past Tour 2024

I think he has visual click. Something that Neil Peart used to do. A blinking light.

Also, Adrian is coaching Nicko through the whole gig. During almost every song he goes up to him and either gives him a nod of approval or tells him something (in Denver he told him to calm the tempo a bit during Alex, while Bruce is hitting the gong). Also at the end of the show H goes to Nicko and tells him that he played well.
He probably still has his trust Tamar Rhythm Mate (I think that is what it is called). He has the tempos programmed in for each song.

Seeing the band on Tuesday in St. Paul — sounds like they’re nice and warmed up and I’ll be getting them after they have a short break between shows, so it should be a great night! Pumped to hear a bunch of stuff I‘ve never heard them play live before, plus some old favorites.

Quick post:
janick > adrian: Hallowed.
adrian > janick: 22 acacia avenue, heaven can wait.
I can't say better, but for example Janick's solo on Heaven Can Wait is very good. Trooper, Number, Evil during the 90's too. Hallowed is very effective, but I really like the original.
The whole band playing was great and fast in Denver. Let's hope they will maintain this level for the SA shows.
Pro-shot of CSIT! Too bad about the sound. One of the best sounding live songs.
The same channel posted few "soundboard" audios from yokohama concert:
Tokyo's performances were better.
Also, Adrian is coaching Nicko through the whole gig. During almost every song he goes up to him and either gives him a nod of approval or tells him something (in Denver he told him to calm the tempo a bit during Alex, while Bruce is hitting the gong). Also at the end of the show H goes to Nicko and tells him that he played well.
I noticed that too. So Adrian still wants to play the songs slower.

Last edited:
I noticed that too. So Adrian still wants to play the songs slower.
Not really. Nicko started speeding up the middle part noticeably lately. It's a kind of quality check. If Nicko speeds up, then the guitarists drag the tempo during harmonies (because the tempo is too fast for them) and it doesn't sound good.

They're not the soundboard, but an in-ear monitor mix from one of the guitarists. We've gotten these from Japan before, I still have recordings from 2016 somewhere on my drive. IIRC they simply capture the wireless signal, somehow, and then record it.

Would that not be a kind of shit mix then, from a listener's point of view, i.e. it's mixed for the guitarist to hear what he needs to hear on stage?

Back