The Future Past Tour 2024

A fast upload once again...

I like how Adrian can improvise with Time Machine solo as much as he wants. He used licks from his solos here. Good camerawork.
Trooper's tempo is painfully inconsistent.
Could a spot earlier in the set fix this? I guess so. Trooper's studio version is not that fast (like all POM songs), but I don't think it would sound better if played slower. Only for Bruce. Playing fast at 70 age is awesome.

Last edited:
Well, Maiden show #7 in the books. Dare I say it was the best one yet? Band sounded on it on it the whole night and whoever's on the board for this tour figured out to not turn everything up so loud that everything just sounds like a giant cement mixer (coughcough 2022.) Bruce was in great spirits the whole show (no Di'Anno mention tonight.) Nicko was as I expected where you don't notice the lack of fills as much, but the tempos were fantastic.

Won't be able to attend another Future Past date, so I'm glad SIT and Senjutsu got their due in a set. Bring on Run For Your Lives.
Same! I was in the pit about 15 rows back and it was simply astounding. Second best show I've seen after LOTB 2019. Bruce was on fire, Adrian was incredible, Nicko kept the tempos great (even if he had some minor flubs and some simplifications)...just a great performance.
They almost crashed slow part of SIASL solo. I think there were some monitoring issues last night.
I did notice this. Seems like Nicko mis-counted, but luckily Adrian carried on and it wasn't super noticeable.
25 second last note on Alex from Bruce.
That was amazing. Bruce was in great spirits last night.
Trooper's tempo is painfully inconsistent.
Yeah, it was. But they made up for it with gusto.

Same! I was in the pit about 15 rows back and it was simply astounding. Second best show I've seen after LOTB 2019. Bruce was on fire, Adrian was incredible, Nicko kept the tempos great (even if he had some minor flubs and some simplifications)...just a great performance.

I did notice this. Seems like Nicko mis-counted, but luckily Adrian carried on and it wasn't super noticeable.

That was amazing. Bruce was in great spirits last night.

Yeah, it was. But they made up for it with gusto.
So much so that Bruce barely sang it.

I was really impressed with Bruce at the two shows I saw, and I have been impressed from the bootlegs I've seen since. I also think he has been a more engaging and entertaining frontman this year than he has been recently. Lots of autopilot and leaning on the production for LOTB (and even TBOS to some extent), this has felt more like classic Bruce. I wonder if the solo gigs this year have helped him remember what it's like to command an audience.

I think the vocal training he had all those years ago is on show again with that post. Amazing breath control.
AFAIK Bruce never had any vocal training. The closest thing to that was him reading books about singing and breath control from a girlfriend in college, who was a trained singer.

IIRC he said after cancer that he would take a vocal lesson if needed after chemo and radiotherapy if needed (he said that it would be something new for him), but AFAIK in the end he didn't.

AFAIK Bruce never had any vocal training. The closest thing to that was him reading books about singing and breath control from a girlfriend in college, who was a trained singer.

IIRC he said after cancer that he would take a vocal lesson if needed after chemo and radiotherapy if needed (he said that it would be something new for him), but AFAIK in the end he didn't.
I would take whatever he's said on the subject with a grain of salt, since mysteriously he seemed to have learned to actually sing rather than just shouting in key sometime during the 90s, judging by how different his approach was in the early 90s and on, and how he suddenly permanently regained a lot of his range in that era after spending the latter half of the 80s mostly croaking his way through his higher register.

I would take whatever he's said on the subject with a grain of salt, since mysteriously he seemed to have learned to actually sing rather than just shouting in key sometime during the 90s, judging by how different his approach was in the early 90s and on, and how he suddenly permanently regained a lot of his range in that era after spending the latter half of the 80s mostly croaking his way through his higher register.
I have wondered about this too. He abused his voice throughout the 80s and early 90s. That kind of turnaround that we saw in the late 90s doesn't just happen on a dime.

Back