Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

You are just nitpicking at him every chance you get and it doesn't contribute to the thread. Also comments like:

Have a really passive agressive vibe tbh, like no fucking shit Iron Maiden is from england
I just find weird that he keep saying "anni" when he's not from Italy and the band is not from Italy. That's all.
I bashed him many times but this time it's not one of them.

Hopefully Maiden in 2025 will play in Ljubljana again. One of our local concert promoters "were forced to discover" a new outdoor venue due to local politics at Stanežiče, part of Ljubljana, just few kilometres from Ljubljana centre, maximum capacity +40.000.
View attachment 38125
Fixed that for you ;)

Could go on a rant about this one, but won't do that here :D

I'm really curious to see what the name of the tour will be. Legacy of the Beast would have been the perfect choice but it has been done already.

- Maiden 50 (Cricket thing, I don't know if any of the members is into it)
- Still Live (could be a nod to Still Life being played)
- From Here to Eternity
- Metal 2025 (nod to the Metal 2000 tour)

Any other guesses?

I just find weird that he keep saying "anni" when he's not from Italy and the band is not from Italy. That's all.
I bashed him many times but this time it's not one of them.

But calling him out on something as insignificant as this after bashing him so many times comes across as plain bullying.

Put him on your 'ignore' list, that's the easiest way to deal with him.

The source is not as reliable as others since the site just gathered the news from other sites, but if this is true my hopes are high.
I wouldn't be surprised to see an old style documentary like Flight 666 being released in some unknown streaming site though.
A documentary and a tour with some deep cuts sounds really exciting, but I'm not sure I can compare that excitement to releasing a new album.
Flight-style release again is possible, why not. Big celebration after all. I guess it will be streamed, with or without live videos as a bonus (probably some live footage?). They are definitely preparing something special and possibly surprising for next year. Exciting times.

And I expect 2 official live releases from the current tour and from next year's one. I mean, it's a must right.
Like, yeah, maybe? But... before the "hints" started dropping in 2022, did anyone seriously think that they'd give such an extensive spotlight for Somewhere in Time on their next tour? Or before Legacy of the Beast tour (title) rumours started appearing in 2017, I don't think such tour, let alone the show & setlist structure they rolled with was guessed by too many fans here. My point being: We don't really know how many ideas and/or potential setlist & show concepts and structures they still have in their mind. A discography-spanning "50th anniversary" set in the vein of LOTB, Give Me 'Ed or Ed-Huntour is certainly a strong possibility and fair enough when & if Bruce, Steve and co. have strongly hinted towards it, but even so, it can still mean a lot of different things depending on how we interpret it, let alone how the pre-production and planning will eventually roll out early next year or so.
The reason why I've been thinking about them referencing and including songs and elements from certain albums and stage shows in particular is the sheer impossibility of creating a balanced coverage of their whole history as a band for a 15-16 song setlist. In basically every scenario, some eras, most notably the 90's, are most likely being neglected (and I can totally see why, as much as I love many of those songs) and some albums/eras (666/Powerslave/Seventh Son?) will certainly have a stronger presence than the others. I just think a more selective career-retrospective makes more sense. And the reason I think they might go for more of an album/era specific route rather than themes is that... well, LOTB kind of did it already. Might happen again, of course!
Obviously, I have absolutely no idea and I might be terribly wrong and I admit that some of the most recent... ehm, rumours, reliable or not, do suggest a lot direct 50th Anniversary scope than I thought there would be. I just thought it'd be rather un-Maideny, but then again, it's not like we've had Iron Maiden 50th Anniversary before, so I suppose it's bit of an Tabula rasa anyway, even if you know how Maiden usually operates (or has operated).
Spot on about the last 2 unexpected tours and setlists.
In the recent interview, Steve responded rather odd by saying ''we'll see what happens next year'' (I guess he wanted to keep the ''secret'' a little longer), but I think because of the upcoming documentary, because the current tour is basically an album tour and since they have a big anniv, they will do such a tour. Yeah, Maiden rarely celebrate anniversaries (only in 2007), but if you think about it, the History tours are like celebrating a past album, especially with the stage sets.
The stage set: I know it's because of SJ, but the current tour doesn't use ''stage parts'' from the 1986 tour. My point is, for such a special tour they will want to create a new stage to match their style (style=album covers, stages), and new stages/concepts is Maiden's thing.
The setlist: I agree that you can't create a balanced coverage with 15-16 songs (only with 1 song per album), and some ears will be neglected, but with themes (again) is possible. But a setlist of their usual classics, plus some newer songs/deep cuts is perfect for such a tour, although the 90's will most likely be represented by one song. If they do album themes, they could use modern versions of past stage sets, but this tour should have its own stage and props (like Legacy tour). It's too good to miss. Their attempt to try to merge past stage sets into one in 1999 didn't go well, but we have to say that the original stage show for this tour was supposed to be designed by Dave Lights. It made sense for TEH tour.
I'm really curious to see what the name of the tour will be. Legacy of the Beast would have been the perfect choice but it has been done already.
Maiden like to get creative with tour names. Idk, maybe there won't be 50 Years in it, maybe they'll use Beast again. Or maybe the name of a song(?).

A documentary and a tour with some deep cuts sounds really exciting, but I'm not sure I can compare that excitement to releasing a new album.
Flight-style release again is possible, why not. Big celebration after all. I guess it will be streamed, with or without live videos as a bonus (probably some live footage?). They are definitely preparing something special and possibly surprising for next year. Exciting times.

And I expect 2 official live releases from the current tour and from next year's one. I mean, it's a must right.

Spot on about the last 2 unexpected tours and setlists.
In the recent interview, Steve responded rather odd by saying ''we'll see what happens next year'' (I guess he wanted to keep the ''secret'' a little longer), but I think because of the upcoming documentary, because the current tour is basically an album tour and since they have a big anniv, they will do such a tour. Yeah, Maiden rarely celebrate anniversaries (only in 2007), but if you think about it, the History tours are like celebrating a past album, especially with the stage sets.
The stage set: I know it's because of SJ, but the current tour doesn't use ''stage parts'' from the 1986 tour. My point is, for such a special tour they will want to create a new stage to match their style (style=album covers, stages), and new stages/concepts is Maiden's thing.
The setlist: I agree that you can't create a balanced coverage with 15-16 songs (only with 1 song per album), and some ears will be neglected, but with themes (again) is possible. But a setlist of their usual classics, plus some newer songs/deep cuts is perfect for such a tour, although the 90's will most likely be represented by one song. If they do album themes, they could use modern versions of past stage sets, but this tour should have its own stage and props (like Legacy tour). It's too good to miss. Their attempt to try to merge past stage sets into one in 1999 didn't go well, but we have to say that the original stage show for this tour was supposed to be designed by Dave Lights. It made sense for TEH tour.

Maiden like to get creative with tour names. Idk, maybe there won't be 50 Years in it, maybe they'll use Beast again. Or maybe the name of a song(?).
Absolutely right, I think they may entitle the tour as "Half Century of the Beast Tour", and to me it's obvious the docum and very special stage production are the main attractions they prepared as "top secret project" for 2025. I expect some special merch and many other propositions including brand new beer(s).

Little bit from Nickos interview that's relevant. About 54 mins in:

Talking about meeting the drum corps after the Mountbatten gig he said:

If you're available and we're doing a British date, which we will do next year, would you all be up for coming out and having a knock? When I get to rehearsals in August with the guys I'm gonna mention to them

Talking about meeting the drum corps after the Mountbatten gig he said:
Guest appearance/s? That would be unexpected. Just a thought? The series of special events mentioned in an article on the previous page?
and to me it's obvious the docum and very special stage production are the main attractions they prepared as "top secret project" for 2025.
I think so too.
I expect some special merch...
I expect at least 1 new art with Eddie (or Eddies) that will be used as a backdrop (probably more than once) for such a tour, and will eventually be part of the merch. Special merch? It remains to be seen.

Back