Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

As I said before, a show in Slovenia next year is highly unlikely. My bet is on show in Zagreb and the reason why it is on the Slovenian Eventim's alert list is because it is organised by Slovenian promotor (like the 2022 one).

Arena Zagreb 2022 was organized by Slovenian promotor, while Arena Stožice in 2023 was organized by a Serbian promotor. Go figure. I'm around 90% sure if they start the tour in the Balkan countries, it will be Zagreb.
I hope it will be Zagreb but I wouldn't be surprised if it's gonna be Slovenia again. But it could also be just a random date and not the start of the tour.

A way too big, more likely they again play Zagreb and Belgrade arenas as in 2022.
That's maximum capacity. It can be arranged for fewer people. At the end of August there will be a concert by a local musician, 20,000 people are expected. This is plan for that concert for local musician from Ljubljana. I would expect Maiden can sell +15.000 tickets for Ljubljana concert. Maybe Maiden can play in Ljubljana at start of June, than in Split in the midle of July.
1723016427964.jpeg

Last edited:

More info on the documentary:

"How does Iron Maiden contact Radio Nube?After uploading the video of their thrilling performance of Iron Maiden's song 'The Trooper,' the band "Radio Nube" experienced an exciting surprise: they were mentioned on the official Iron Maiden account on what was then known as Twitter.

This mention not only impressed the members of the band but also filled them with excitement as they were recognized by one of the most iconic rock bands.

Shortly after, they received a direct message on Instagram from the team responsible for making the commemorative documentary for Iron Maiden's 50th anniversary.

In the message, they expressed their excitement about discovering this family band from Sonora and highlighted that they considered them worthy representatives of youthful energy and talent in their musical material.

The invitation to participate in the documentary was received with great joy and honor by "Radio Nube." This significant event is scheduled for the year 2025, when they will have the opportunity to perform and be an integral part of the celebration marking five decades of Iron Maiden's musical legacy.

[...]

Now, the iconic band is preparing to celebrate their 50th anniversary with a series of special events and a highly anticipated commemorative documentary.

This project aims not only to honor their musical legacy and cultural impact but also to provide their followers with a unique and in-depth look into five decades of history in the rock and heavy metal scene.

Iron Maiden is set to leave an indelible mark in 2025, a year that promises to be historic for rock enthusiasts and for all those who have been inspired by the powerful music and unwavering determination of this legendary band."

The should do something special, as Bruce said in German interview, the strictly confidential project.
Something special are imo - the documentary and the 50th anniv tour. I'd love it, but I doubt there will be more stuff like re-issues, unreleased live/video stuff, but who knows.
Who knows maybe they even decide to add the third leg as they did in 2014 and 2022?
I don't think they've decided that yet, but I think the Hits tour won't be 3 years this time. Considering their usual habits, they should release a new album in 2026 or otherwise it will be a cabaret act...
So, it looks like 35-40 shows in Europe by Maiden next year and an extensive Bruce solo tour in US and maybe even Asia/Australia.
Around 40 shows for both Maiden and Bruce (for Bruce I assume more). He will tour in the US, SA, Europe again (I guess) and maybe Asia/Australia.

Maiden's tour next year will be in Europe only. And in 2026 - SA, US, Europe (some festivals I guess) and probably Asia/Australia.
Something that would actually make the 50th anniversary tour a special one, and allow them to celebrate more of the back catalogue, would be having 4 or 5 rotating song slots on the setlist, but I don't think Maiden will change their ways in that regard at this point.
Fitting idea, but I think special will be to play more deep cuts. And ofc the stage set to be epic.
Assuming some kind of a feature is coming indeed, it'll be interesting to see if it's a full-fledged Iron Maiden release, potentially accompanied with some live concert or a selection of live bonuses, e.g like The BBC Archives, or more of a "third party" product with some license blessing from the Maiden management. I could see the latter option being more of an observation of the Iron Maiden phenomenon with little to no input or major inclusion of the current band members, hence the involvement of some ex-members and stage technicians etc. Well, whatever the case, I believe it might very well be a documentary of the Iron Maiden phenomenon with, for example, emphasis on the fan point of view, instead of a band history document.
Well, if that's the case, it would be disappointing, but since Paul will be involved, I doubt it. I mean, the band members are mandatory for a 50 years documentary of their career. I really hope there will be some live bonuses, they will make it perfect.
Admittedly, some big Maiden history document would certainly tie-in with the rumoured/confirmed "50th anniversary tour" - which I still think might be more of a throwaway line in the tour announcement (e.g "--setlist and stage show will celebrate the rich history of the band that reaches its 50th anniversary this December") rather than a straightforward title for the tour. Examples of ehm... somewhat similar thinking from the past: 25th anniversary tour/Eddie Rips Up the World, The Number of the Beast 20th anniversary/A Matter of the Beast
That would be odd, Bruce and Steve hinted at such a tour (imo) and they don't have many ideas left for a History/Hits tours to do (since they don't want to do for the 90's). They can celebrate the Reunion era/albums, but the 50th anniv is the perfect (and logical) excuse.
but I think most, if not all of the Maiden tours in recent history have been more or less special indeed.
Most likely they'll play a set of 15 songs (or even 16, if there aren't that many longer, or otherwise very demanding songs) and use the familiar stage structure, with the usual added trick or two to it - which is perfectly fine for me.
I'm sure it'll be a great show with an interesting set - I honestly don't think their setlist approach will suddenly turn into a far less-inspired one at this point. Will it be even more (or less) special than these brilliant tours we've got to enjoy over the recent years? Maybe so! I'll be there to see it, anyway.
Agreed.
So, next year. Probably a very spectacular stage show! After the sleek, futuristic layout of the current tour, I'd guess that the next one will hold more actual props incorporated to the stage set, in the vein of TBOS/LOTB/SBIT and such. As I speculated before, I strongly believe that there will be some rather direct references to the classic stage sets, but no straightforward replication.
I also think they will bring back more props and maybe use the screens again, but I really doubt about the direct references to the classic stage sets. I think they will come up with something brand new, spectacular and memorable, like for LOTB. That's Maiden's thing.
Setlist? Most likely very special indeed - just as they have been for a while. No doubt there will be ~5-7 spots for the obvious selection, Iron Maiden & Fear of the Dark included. Remains to be seen whether they keep rotating The Number of the Beast classics, only including like 2 of them for next year, or if there will be the usual history tour selection (Hills, Number, Hallowed). Powerslave representation is very much expected and I agree with many that Rime of the Ancient Mariner might be played. Add 2 Minutes to Midnight and/or the title track there and that'll be it, most likely. That still leaves room for some surprise cuts and classic inclusions.
True. 5-6 spots for the usual classic, 3-4 deep cuts and the rest (5 or more spots) other old and newer songs.

I expect at least 2 songs from SSOASS and maybe 2 songs from Powerslave. Curious if they'll bring back both Run To The Hills and Hallowed, or one of them plus Number, or none of them. Difficult songs for Nicko now.

This significant event is scheduled for the year 2025, when they will have the opportunity to perform and be an integral part of the celebration marking five decades of Iron Maiden's musical legacy.
Now, the iconic band is preparing to celebrate their 50th anniversary with a series of special events and a highly anticipated commemorative documentary.

This project aims not only to honor their musical legacy and cultural impact but also to provide their followers with a unique and in-depth look into five decades of history in the rock and heavy metal scene.
Iron Maiden is set to leave an indelible mark in 2025, a year that promises to be historic for rock enthusiasts and for all those who have been inspired by the powerful music and unwavering determination of this legendary band.
Series of special events??? Hmm...

''In-depth look'' documentary means that all members and people who have been part of Maiden's journey will be involved, right. It should be a long documentary then.

Everything sounds so exciting about Maiden for next year. Especially the last sentence or the one from the article in the previous pages. They need to release a new album soon (in 2026) to be perfect.

More info on the documentary:

"How does Iron Maiden contact Radio Nube?After uploading the video of their thrilling performance of Iron Maiden's song 'The Trooper,' the band "Radio Nube" experienced an exciting surprise: they were mentioned on the official Iron Maiden account on what was then known as Twitter.

This mention not only impressed the members of the band but also filled them with excitement as they were recognized by one of the most iconic rock bands.

Shortly after, they received a direct message on Instagram from the team responsible for making the commemorative documentary for Iron Maiden's 50th anniversary.

In the message, they expressed their excitement about discovering this family band from Sonora and highlighted that they considered them worthy representatives of youthful energy and talent in their musical material.

The invitation to participate in the documentary was received with great joy and honor by "Radio Nube." This significant event is scheduled for the year 2025, when they will have the opportunity to perform and be an integral part of the celebration marking five decades of Iron Maiden's musical legacy.

[...]

Iron Maiden is set to leave an indelible mark in 2025, a year that promises to be historic for rock enthusiasts and for all those who have been inspired by the powerful music and unwavering determination of this legendary band."
And finally something reliable, thaks for sharing, so 2025 should be a really great for Maiden.

Series of special events??? Hmm...

''In-depth look'' documentary means that all members and people who have been part of Maiden's journey will be involved, right. It should be a long documentary then.

Everything sounds so exciting about Maiden for next year. Especially the last sentence or the one from the article in the previous pages. They need to release a new album soon (in 2026) to be perfect.

The source is not as reliable as others since the site just gathered the news from other sites, but if this is true my hopes are high.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an old style documentary like Flight 666 being released in some unknown streaming site though.

That would be odd, Bruce and Steve hinted at such a tour (imo) and they don't have many ideas left for a History/Hits tours to do (since they don't want to do for the 90's). They can celebrate the Reunion era/albums, but the 50th anniv is the perfect (and logical) excuse.

I can see what you mean and you made a fair point about many things, like the stage set topic (which I can certainly be wrong about), but the bolded section caught my eye... :P

Like, yeah, maybe? But... before the "hints" started dropping in 2022, did anyone seriously think that they'd give such an extensive spotlight for Somewhere in Time on their next tour? Or before Legacy of the Beast tour (title) rumours started appearing in 2017, I don't think such tour, let alone the show & setlist structure they rolled with was guessed by too many fans here.

My point being: We don't really know how many ideas and/or potential setlist & show concepts and structures they still have in their mind. A discography-spanning "50th anniversary" set in the vein of LOTB, Give Me 'Ed or Ed-Huntour is certainly a strong possibility and fair enough when & if Bruce, Steve and co. have strongly hinted towards it, but even so, it can still mean a lot of different things depending on how we interpret it, let alone how the pre-production and planning will eventually roll out early next year or so.

The reason why I've been thinking about them referencing and including songs and elements from certain albums and stage shows in particular is the sheer impossibility of creating a balanced coverage of their whole history as a band for a 15-16 song setlist. In basically every scenario, some eras, most notably the 90's, are most likely being neglected (and I can totally see why, as much as I love many of those songs) and some albums/eras (666/Powerslave/Seventh Son?) will certainly have a stronger presence than the others. I just think a more selective career-retrospective makes more sense. And the reason I think they might go for more of an album/era specific route rather than themes is that... well, LOTB kind of did it already. Might happen again, of course!

Obviously, I have absolutely no idea and I might be terribly wrong and I admit that some of the most recent... ehm, rumours, reliable or not, do suggest a lot direct 50th Anniversary scope than I thought there would be. I just thought it'd be rather un-Maideny, but then again, it's not like we've had Iron Maiden 50th Anniversary before, so I suppose it's bit of an Tabula rasa anyway, even if you know how Maiden usually operates (or has operated).

The source is not as reliable as others since the site just gathered the news from other sites, but if this is true my hopes are high.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an old style documentary like Flight 666 being released in some unknown streaming site though.
Probably they will share docum series on some streaming platforms. I wouldn't expect physical release of this one, but who knows BRay would be nice. Docum + some live shots from all career.

I can see what you mean and you made a fair point about many things, like the stage set topic (which I can certainly be wrong about), but the bolded section caught my eye... :P

Like, yeah, maybe? But... before the "hints" started dropping in 2022, did anyone seriously think that they'd give such an extensive spotlight for Somewhere in Time on their next tour? Or before Legacy of the Beast tour (title) rumours started appearing in 2017, I don't think such tour, let alone the show & setlist structure they rolled with was guessed by too many fans here.

My point being: We don't really know how many ideas and/or potential setlist & show concepts and structures they still have in their mind. A discography-spanning "50th anniversary" set in the vein of LOTB, Give Me 'Ed or Ed-Huntour is certainly a strong possibility and fair enough when & if Bruce, Steve and co. have strongly hinted towards it, but even so, it can still mean a lot of different things depending on how we interpret it, let alone how the pre-production and planning will eventually roll out early next year or so.

The reason why I've been thinking about them referencing and including songs and elements from certain albums and stage shows in particular is the sheer impossibility of creating a balanced coverage of their whole history as a band for a 15-16 song setlist. In basically every scenario, some eras, most notably the 90's, are most likely being neglected (and I can totally see why, as much as I love many of those songs) and some albums/eras (666/Powerslave/Seventh Son?) will certainly have a stronger presence than the others. I just think a more selective career-retrospective makes more sense. And the reason I think they might go for more of an album/era specific route rather than themes is that... well, LOTB kind of did it already. Might happen again, of course!

Obviously, I have absolutely no idea and I might be terribly wrong and I admit that some of the most recent... ehm, rumours, reliable or not, do suggest a lot direct 50th Anniversary scope than I thought there would be. I just thought it'd be rather un-Maideny, but then again, it's not like we've had Iron Maiden 50th Anniversary before, so I suppose it's bit of an Tabula rasa anyway, even if you know how Maiden usually operates (or has operated).
50 anni is an once in the lifetime case.

I was just asking a question, where do you see the bad vibes?
You are just nitpicking at him every chance you get and it doesn't contribute to the thread. Also comments like:
That's Italian and Maiden is from England.
Have a really passive agressive vibe tbh, like no fucking shit Iron Maiden is from england

Back