Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
My early prediction is something like this, I think it will be a Somewhere Back In Time style crowdpleaser of a set:

Iron Maiden – Running Free, Phantom, Iron Maiden
Killers – Wrathchild
Number of the Beast – NOTB, RTTH, Hallowed
Piece of Mind – The Trooper, Revelations
Powerslave – 2MTM, Rime
Seventh Son – Moonchild, The Evil That Men Do, The Clairvoyant
Fear of the Dark – FOTD

But if a couple of these get swapped out for some deep cuts, all the better! A couple of curveballs like Only the Good Die Young getting a live outing or even something like Be Quick or Be Dead would be some extra red meat for the hardcore fans.

I don’t see why people think Alexander will be played on future tours. The current tour is it, I seriously doubt they would use 8+ minutes of setlist space on a Somewhere in Time deep cut over multiple tours.
Nicko said that last year. That they want to continue playing it in future tours. But we know about things that Nicko says... If that came from Steve or Bruce, it's different.

That said, I think if SIT is not completely out, Alex will remain in the set. Also, if they do a 15 song set again, you can play 3-4 long songs next to Rime and FOTD.

But if a couple of these get swapped out for some deep cuts, all the better! A couple of curveballs like Only the Good Die Young getting a live outing or even something like Be Quick or Be Dead would be some extra red meat for the hardcore fans.
Strangely, if the tour is indeed called Run For Your Lives, I think they might open with BQOBD.

I think the from IM to FOTD is just them being a little cheeky with how those two exact songs are the only two absolute guarantees to be included in the set, while also establishing it's going to be one last nostalgia tour but this time with absolutely no danger of a reunion era track or two making it in.

Considering Hallowed, NotB, RTTH and the other staples (2MTM, TETMD) are also practically guaranteed with how long they've been out of the set, I don't see how they'd actually fit at least one song from each of those albums in. Since SiT finally got its dues, it's probably out and I wouldn't count on NPFTD either since they haven't touched the album since 2003.
I think this is exactly right. The marketing that we have seen so far is based around the first few albums, so I'm inclined to think that will be the focus. I doubt they'll even dig into SIT/SSOASS that much beyond the typical picks.

Iron Maiden
Running Free
Phantom of the Opera
maybe Remember Tomorrow

Killers
Wrathchild
Maybe something else, Murders in the Rue Morgue?

Number of the Beast
Hallowed
Run to the Hills

Trooper
Maybe Revelations, maybe a deeper cut (Still Life, Sun and Steel)

2MTM
Rime
Maybe Aces High, maybe Powerslave

TETMD
Maybe Seventh Son, maybe Moonchild

Fear of the Dark

Sorry if posted already. Could also be fake.

LcAgqUK.png

Also, I mentioned a few pages back that I was looking forward to the new artwork. The art for the current tour was amazing, so I had high hopes for the 2025 one. I'm super happy with the new art as well! Probably the best way to reimagine the early years.

I think this is exactly right. The marketing that we have seen so far is based around the first few albums, so I'm inclined to think that will be the focus. I doubt they'll even dig into SIT/SSOASS that much beyond the typical picks.
I would add that since we've had some decent surprises in the setlists for years now and it's been brought up by Steve, OTGDY could very well end up in the set as something for the hardcore fans. Other than that, I'd probably wager on the safer side. There's enough room to fit in two more deep cuts but they'd have to be more predictable to fit the formula of one actual surprise (like Sign of the Cross was in 2018) and a few smaller ones.

It's a very weird focus IMO to cover only 1980 to 1992.
Exactly, it seems that they don't celebrate 50th anniversary, but some weird 12 year period. To me, it seems logical that if you want to do 50th anniversary tour, you include all the years. I can understand why they don't touch Blaze stuff but why leave reunion era unnoticed? Seems weird or tour isn't dedicated to anniversary but just is hits tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back