Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Download is a certainty I reckon. Good thing I'm already going.
A play classics set would go down an absolute storm at download. It's always felt quite crazy to me that Somewhere Back In Time never made it there, it would have gone down as one of the all time greatest headline sets of the fest.

Seems inevitable that this one will though, either next year or on the second go around. For me I always think it feels a bit more momentous when a tour headlines a festival here before playing their own shows, otherwise everyone is just seeing the same tour they went to see last year just in a big muddy field. As Download haven't signalled that they are announcing headlines any time soon though, my money is on it being headline shows for the UK next year.

Wherever they are, I'll be there!

There's no indication that Download are announcing anything tomorrow so fingers crossed that means we're getting at least a standalone show in the UK.

If that were the case, my money is on OTGDY and/or Sun and Steel. I can’t really think of anything else. They could even bring back Wasting Love. Bruce sung it at one of his book shows. Maybe the title track to No Prayer.
I also think those two. Maybe Prodigal Son, considering Bruce's love for it...

Who am I kidding, the sole representative for Killers will be the one, the only, WRATHCHILD!

Real talk, I think Flight Of Icarus might return to represent Piece Of Mind alongside Trooper.

I wouldn't say they'll necessarily play songs from all albums until FOTD, the art just means that all songs will be from that era. I honestly can't see anything out of NPFTD being played. Killers would be almost a lock if Nicko could play it.

We will get probably get confirmation in the tour announcement, but I’m not really reading “Iron Maiden to Fear of the Dark” as a guarantee they will play one song from each album. To me it’s just showing the timespan and more or less guaranteeing that they will play the song Fear of the Dark (no surprise there). Based on the promo I’m guessing they will lean heavily into the first 3 albums with a smattering of material from the others, probably skip over Somewhere in Time and No Prayer. They haven’t played a No Prayer song in 20 years. Not sure if a mega nostalgia tour is the time to bring back that album. Ultimately it’s the same parameters used to build the SBIT and Maiden England tours.

I wouldn't say they'll necessarily play songs from all albums until FOTD, the art just means that all songs will be from that era. I honestly can't see anything out of NPFTD being played. Killers would be almost a lock if Nicko could play it.
I agree - I could see SIT being skipped over given that it's had it's long deserved time in the sun over this year and last.

Maybe Bring your daughter... gets dusted off to represent NPFTD, but I could do without it. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see FOTD being the only post-Seventh Son track.

I also think those two. Maybe Prodigal Son, considering Bruce's love for it...

Who am I kidding, the sole representative for Killers will be the one, the only, WRATHCHILD!

Real talk, I think Flight Of Icarus might return to represent Piece Of Mind alongside Trooper.
Nicko said they were going to rehearse Prodigal Son for the 2005 tour. They could still have it in their back pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back