Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A play classics set would go down an absolute storm at download. It's always felt quite crazy to me that Somewhere Back In Time never made it there, it would have gone down as one of the all time greatest headline sets of the fest.

Seems inevitable that this one will though, either next year or on the second go around. For me I always think it feels a bit more momentous when a tour headlines a festival here before playing their own shows, otherwise everyone is just seeing the same tour they went to see last year just in a big muddy field. As Download haven't signalled that they are announcing headlines any time soon though, my money is on it being headline shows for the UK next year.

Wherever they are, I'll be there!
Now I'm shitting it as if it's definitely a stadium tour then I just hope it's not going to overlap with Download.

One NPFTD song has to be played, considering Eddie's design. They wouldn't go for that design and then ignore the album.
I mean the Legacy of the Beast 2023 tour poster also had an atomic bomb in it referring to 2 Minutes (or Brighter Than A Thousand Suns...) while that song wasn't in the setlist either.

But I agree. It'd be weird.

Here is what I'm thinking:

3 Iron Maiden tracks (Phantom, Running Free and Iron Maiden)
1 Killers track (Wrathchild or Killers)
2 TNOTB tracks (RTTH and either Hallowed or TNOTB )
2 Piece Of Mind tracks (Trooper and either Flight Of Icarus or Sun And Steel)
1 Powerslave track (Rime)
1 Somewhere In Time track (Alex)
2 SSOASS tracks (Clairvoyant or Evil and a deep cut)
1 NPFTD track (Title track or Bring Your Daughter)
2 FOTD tracks (FOTD and a deep cut)

If we go casual fan choices, it would be:
Phantom, Running Free, Iron Maiden, Wrathchild, RTTH, TNOTB, Trooper, Icarus, Rime, Alex, Clairvoyant, TETMD, Bring Your Daughter, ATSS and FOTD

If we go die-hard fan choices, it would be:
Phantom, Running Free, Iron Maiden, Killers, RTTH, Hallowed, Sun And Steel, Trooper, Rime, Alex, Clairvoyant, OTGDY, NPFTD, Judas Be My Guide and FOTD

If this was 2008-2014, I'd go with the first version, no doubt. However, they have been a bit more adventorous lately, so, I'd say it'll be a mix with a few surprises.

Last edited:
Wondering where (and when) they'll perform in The Netherlands. In 2022 they played in The Gelredome in Arnhem. In 2023 it was in the Ziggo dome.

Prefer the Ziggo dome even though that's a 2.5 hour drive for me. Great venue!

Here is what I'm thinking:

3 Iron Maiden tracks (Phantom, Running Free and Iron Maiden)
1 Killers track (Wrathchild or Killers)
2 TNOTB tracks (RTTH and either Hallowed or TNOTB )
2 Piece Of Mind tracks (Trooper and either Flight Of Icarus or Sun And Steel)
1 Powerslave track (Rime)
1 Somewhere In Time track (Alex)
2 SSOASS tracks (Clairvoyant or Evil and a deep cut)
1 NPFTD track (Title track or Bring Your Daughter)
2 FOTD tracks (FOTD and a deep cut)
I'm not on track, where does it say that it's from IM to FOTD

I think the from IM to FOTD is just them being a little cheeky with how those two exact songs are the only two absolute guarantees to be included in the set, while also establishing it's going to be one last nostalgia tour but this time with absolutely no danger of a reunion era track or two making it in.

Considering Hallowed, NotB, RTTH and the other staples (2MTM, TETMD) are also practically guaranteed with how long they've been out of the set, I don't see how they'd actually fit at least one song from each of those albums in. Since SiT finally got its dues, it's probably out and I wouldn't count on NPFTD either since they haven't touched the album since 2003.

Heh, here I was thinking I'd actually finally go see them live, after ten years and some personal bollocks I had to manage, on their possibly last tour... but honestly so far it seems they managed to pick precisely the one and only option that will make me pass on it (80s era only).

But I'm happy for the PlayClassics crowd, I really am. It's probably the right decision.

Also, thinking about it, apart from Phantom and Hallowed, the songs on 1st 3 albums are pretty short. Also all of the epics apart from Rime are shorter than the two Senjutsu epics performed.

I think Phantom + Rime + Alexander + Hallowed in the same set is a possibility.
I think I would cry tears of joy if I saw a show with all four of those songs

Poor you. I feel so sad for you :( :(

Ah, it's okay, I've seen them three times already and I saw some relatively deep cuts (like Afraid to Shoot Strangers) - If the first concert was still the first AMOLAD leg where they played that album in its entirety and not the second one (which was a bastardisation of AMOLAD and TNOTB ) I'd be 100% happy with my live Maiden experience forevermore.

And if they're gonna play Rime, I might go see them anyway, but it will depend on the typical Proximity + Prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back