Bruce Dickinson

The sound was nice. The mix (of the drums and of the vocals in some cases) and the camera work (ofc..., especially for Chris solos) could have been better, but the stream was very good. Only 10 songs but I enjoyed the show so much. What an energy and the songs flow so well. A very strong set. Bruce sounded so good and impressive really and was very lively, only Darkside Of Aquarius was difficult. Tanya's backing vocals are good and the other members are very good and do a solid job. Honestly, this band is so awesome. No mike on the crowd?

As for the setlist - it's weird to not get Tears Of The Dragon (for the first time on this tour) and we basically got Book and Aquarius instead of Tower and Road To Hell. The first 4 songs create big energy and Ragnarok and Resurrection Men are just great live songs. Rain works too (it's very fun and catchy and the riff sounds so cool), but the second half of it should have been more interesting (like the snippet of the cover after it, for example). It would have been cool to get some songs that weren't played in Sao Paulo (Jerusalem, Faith), especially if Bruce releases one full show, but I'm not complaining at all.

I think it is amazing that he had to find 2 guitarists to unexpectedly and still has such a good live band.

What did you mean by trolling of Tanya? I just saw things like "please marry me" in the chat. Do you consider that trollin?

- it seems that song 6 has warmed up the audience a little.
This proves that the song works great live.
Bruce seems to discover that the concert was only 60 minutes long... so they didn't get to play his "hit"
I guess that's the logical yet odd explanation of why Tears wasn't played.
- this band is definitely the best that has accompanied Bruce so far.
- Bruce is impressive (for any age).
- I don't understand those who have anything to criticize for this performance
Agreed with these, but we shouldn't forget the 1997-1999 band.
I like Ragnarok a lot better live. It's got that low-end oomph you want from a song like this.
Imagine if the song had longer solo and a melodic interlude... future ''classic'' from the album. One of my favorites.
Resurrection Men works really really well Live
I think Resurrection Men was one of the (6, iirc) songs that Bruce showed to Steve in 2014. It's from that time and it's like the title track to the album.
Rain On the Graves is truly one of the Kick Ass songs of the new album
Rain is a song that at first sounds like a filler (even for a live show), but at the same time it strangely grows on you. The heavy riffing helps. But it's not a highlight live imo.
I would like that Bruce tries to walk less while singing and breath more often to perform the songs much better.
Yes. The last 3 songs (Book-Alchemist-Aquarius) are a brutal sequence of songs.
We all know Bruce's performances are not perfect nowadays due to his age, but man, he still nails a lot of this stuff. I'll always turn a blind eye to some straining here and there because overall he's still amazing. It's just a matter of those high registers - things like Afterglow sound pretty much flawless.
^Not that I rule that out, but with 1 exception on this tour (or here and there, which is normal) the performances are more than fine/perfect enough for me. And the high notes are always difficult. The key thing is that he still nails almost everything, and overall.

The sound was nice. The mix (of the drums and of the vocals in some cases) and the camera work (ofc..., especially for Chris solos) could have been better, but the stream was very good. Only 10 songs but I enjoyed the show so much. What an energy and the songs flow so well. A very strong set. Bruce sounded so good and impressive really and was very lively, only Darkside Of Aquarius was difficult. Tanya's backing vocals are good and the other members are very good and do a solid job. Honestly, this band is so awesome. No mike on the crowd?

As for the setlist - it's weird to not get Tears Of The Dragon (for the first time on this tour) and we basically got Book and Aquarius instead of Tower and Road To Hell. The first 4 songs create big energy and Ragnarok and Resurrection Men are just great live songs. Rain works too (it's very fun and catchy and the riff sounds so cool), but the second half of it should have been more interesting (like the snippet of the cover after it, for example). It would have been cool to get some songs that weren't played in Sao Paulo (Jerusalem, Faith), especially if Bruce releases one full show, but I'm not complaining at all.

Not playing Tears of the Dragon on a solo tour is heretical!

Problem with rain on the graves is that it demand restrain to work well. If band or Bruce is overdoing it - it can become parody song very easy.

But I think that band overall is very good and I would say that Bruce should record another album with that lineup.

I think the setlist was fine for the fact that they performed at festival (no wasted moments and it was such a blast all through), but seriously wouldn't have thought of them skipping Tears Of The Dragon.
As there might be people that won't get to see full solo-show (with more songs) so they indeed never got to witness TOTD.
The band is tremendous and it was so nice to witness firsthand as saw them play in Helsinki few weeks ago..
I had high hopes, but seriously before the tour started I wouldn't have guesses how great The House Band Of Hell truly is.

Hey, did Bruce mention any worthwhile in french? was it similar to speeches at other shows?
(some translation are interpretations, to convey some kind of clear meaning ;) )

("Afterglow of Ragnarok") "Un doigt vers le ciel tout le monde. *Il n'est pas la fin du monde, non, c'est seulement le commencement d'un nouveau monde. Après "The Afterglow of Ragnarok "."
*Ce n'est pas
A (middle) finger to the sky everybody. This is not the end of the world, no, it's just the beginning of a new world. After "the afterglow of Ragnarok".

("
The Chemical Wedding") "Oh oui. Où est le soleil ?! Non, le soleil, c'est terminé. Seulement, un peu de savon, laver les cheveux. C'est libre, gratuit. Avec le/ l'huile chimique (?) peut-être ? Avec le mariage chimique ! The Chemical Wedding, my friends!"
Oh yes. Where is the sun ? No, sun is over. Just a bit of soap, to wash your hair. It's free. With chemical oil, maybe ? With the chemical wedding!

("Resurrection Men") "Maintenant, dans le Mandrake Project, il y a des personnes... et qu'est-ce que c'est, le Mandrake Project ? You know, une bande dessinée. Qu'est-ce que c'est ? C'est un projet secret. Professeur Lazarus, mais c'est qui ? Docteur Necropolis, c'est qui ? Et pourquoi ? Le nom de les deux* : the Resurrection Men "
*Tous deux sont appelés
Now, in The Mandrake Project, there are people... and what is The Mandrake Project? You know, a comic. What is it? It's a secret project. Who is Professor Lazarus? Who is Doctor Necropolis? And why? These men are called: the Resurrection Men!

("Rain on the Graves") J'aime marcher dans *le cimetière anglaise. Pareil avec les poètes mythiques, anciens, par exemple William Wordsworth. Bon, il dit rien. William Blake, mon ami. *Il est endorme. Mais, au coin, il y a un homme avec les yeux rouges, et il demande à moi : "Tu es ici pour quoi exactement ? Ne mentez pas parce que je connais. Et à chaque moment, comme ça, comme ici ce soir, il commence la pluie. La pluie sur la tombe. The Rain on the Graves!"
I like walking in English cemetaries. Like mythic, ancient poets, for instance William Wordsworth. Well, does it ring a bell? (or "he doesn't say anything). William Blake, my friend. He's sleeping. But, in the corner, there is man with red eyes, and he asks me: "What are you here for, exactly? Don't lie, because I know." And everytime, like this, like here tonight, it starts raining...

("Book of Thel") Un petit livre de mots écrits par le poète William Blake. C'est un petit cauchemar. As we open for you... Et vous ici, c'est nécessaire de faire le *furieuse jumping, de sauter furieuse dans cette chanson. Ah oui, ah oui, le cercle... qu'est-ce que vous voulez. *On ouvré, we open for you, Hellfest, The Book of Thel.
A little book of words written by the poet William Blake. It's a little nightmare. As we open for you... And you here, you have to jump furiously during this song. Ah, ah yes, the circle... whatever you want. We open for you, Hellfest, the Book of Thel.

("The Alchemist") Il y a des sorciers, il y a des sorcières ! Et il y a des alchimistes.
There are warlocks, there are witches! And there are alchemists.

("Darkside of Aquarius") Vous êtes formidables, ce soir ! Formidables, pendant la pluie ! Yeah, fin du monde... non, pas fin du monde, mais prochain chanson c'est une prophécie.*Inadvertant, accidentelle... Il y a un nouveau âge, the age of Aquarius mais il est... a darkside of Aquarius... [during the bass intro] c'est la dernière chanson, nous avons seulement soixante minutes, désolé... après, c'est le maître nextdoor, mais maintenant, c'est nous et vous seulement.
You are great tonight! Great, despite the rain! Yeah, end of the wold? No, not the end of the world, but the next song is a prophecy. Inadvertent, accidental... There is a new age, the age of Aquarius but there is... a darkside of Aquarius [during the bass intro... and kind of surprised] it's the last song, we only have sixty minutes, sorry... afterwards, it is the master nextdoor [obviously referring to Metallica] but now, it is us and you only.

All French speakers around here, feel free to improve that. :)

Back