Bruce Dickinson

Hellfest Setlist (Arte feed):
01. Accident of Birth
02. Abduction
03. Laughing in the Hiding Bush (so far, Bruce is flawless)
04. Afterglow of Ragnarok
05. Chemical Wedding
06. Resurrection Men (Bruce struggles a very tiny bit on the chorus)
07. Rain on the Graves (without choir)
08. Dave Moreno drum solo + Bruce with Theremin / Frankenstein (snippet)
10. Book of Thel
11. The Alchemist
12. Darkside of Aquarius ("of Thel" again for the first line :D )

Remarks:
- The crowd seems dead because it is raining (and possibly exhausted at this moment of the festival)
- The Arte cameramen don't know what a keytar is so they focus on the guitarists playing rhythmic during Misheria's solos. :D
- No mike on the crowd but at least we can hear Tanya's backing vocals
- since song 4, Bruce has been introducing the songs in French.
- it seems that song 6 has warmed up the audience a little. :)
- Bruce seems to discover that the concert was only 60 minutes long... so they didn't get to play his "hit" (involving a legendary creature usually spitting from an orifice but in this case, letting a fluid from his orbits :( )

Well, well, well :
- this band is definitely the best that has accompanied Bruce so far.
- Bruce is impressive (for any age).
- I don't understand those who have anything to criticize for this performance (except that it was too short). :)

Last edited:
Seeing this just makes me wish Maiden kept the drum solo spot into the 90s and 00s because Nicko could actually perform an entertaining one, which is a rare trait among drummers.

Hate to say it, but every time I look at these guitarists do their thing, I thank the lord that it wasn't Roy Z by his lonesome instead up there. Love his work, but he's not two well-studied guitarists in one and never will be.
Little fun fact: Ian D'Sa, the sole guitarist of Billy Talent, used to be in high school band when he was a kid. They had a second guitarist who quit, so he decided to change his playing style and started incorporating lead and rhythm playing at the same time resulting in an incredibly unique playing style. He never fails to write super creative riffs.

That said, everyone go and listen to some Billy Talent :p

But yeah, no one can really cover for two guitarists. Trying one guitar and one keytar is a neat experiment, but having two guitars (plus keyboards I guess) is simply the better choice.

Back