Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date

I think that Bruce will do some kind of hocus-pocus on his tour and will make Adrian Smith, Dave Murray and Janick Gers appear on some dates.

Some news sites should think about improving their quality control!

Accurate translation:

"Fans of Iron Maiden can once again look forward to spectacular live performances. The band with its members Bruce Dickinson, Steve Harris, Dave Murray, Janick Gers, Adrian Smith and Nicko McBrain is going on tour with "Bruce Dickinson - The Mandrake Project Live 2024". Find out all the details about the tour dates in the following overview..."

:D

https://www.news.de/promis/85675620...uftritte-in-berlin-hamburg-muenchen-und-co/1/

Then the news site I was making fun of would be the only ones who knew that! :eek:

I think it's just a personal decision by Bruce and Roy. I doubt it's that much of a problem for some other new guitarist to learn a lot of new songs, for which he will be playing mostly rhythm and harmonies.
No, of course not. It wouldn't even have to be an official member of the band, just a "hired gun". I would be interested to know what the reason for this decision might be.

There are 6 songs that were left over from the AOB sessions! We only know 4 - Ghost Of Cain, Wicker Man, Nightmares and the 9-minutes long song that should be on the new album.
How do we know that “Nightmares” and the long song are from AOB?

The Midnight Jam: A midnight jam, from the last album's sessions. What we did is we got lots of candles out and sat around and had a jam for about five minutes on this theme. The lyrical idea was after the end of 'Taking The Queen', if we'd carried on with the same story of the destruction of the city, the burning, the desolation, the lost love and the devastation, what it would have sounded like. So it's a real trippy, late night, chill out track.

^From TCW sessions? I thought it was from the AOB.

Huh? The quote says "from the last album's sessions" and was during the promotion cycle of TCW, so yes, it is from AOB. I think you misread the quote.

i think roy z has his reasons when he shared this old bravewords interview and one reason can be the fans' adrian cheering. that may upset the real brain behind this project. he wanted to underline the fact that he and bruce are the creators here and i can't blame him. to copypaste bruce's line: "80 percent of the record was written by Roy and myself, and actually 80 percent of the last record was done that way as well (laughs). I think having Adrian join was such a big deal for other people, that it sort of overshadowed things. And it's wonderful that Adrian is there, I'm not wishing to decry Adrian's contribution. But the contribution of Roy is absolutely huge."

on the other hand i don't get this early pessimism. bruce always delivers, even his worst b-sides have sth clever to check for. the album's first title was if eternity should fail, and we all know that song and what it promises. yes, i have doubts about this "sole axeman" thing but i have only positive feelings about the Mandrake album. even the title is cool. (not the promo photo though)

In my opinion, I think they’ll put it off with just Roy. May not to pull off something like Dream Theater though but except Bruce is a Heavy metal artist and not a Prog metal one.
They won't. The tour line-up is already revealed. I feel the band will sound fine live, but heavy metal (and especially Bruce's albums) is always better with 2 guitars live. And btw, Bruce likes prog stuff, right?
No, of course not. It wouldn't even have to be an official member of the band, just a "hired gun". I would be interested to know what the reason for this decision might be.
Yeah, me too.
How do we know that “Nightmares” and the long song are from AOB?
Click #1 and click #2.
I fear the whole thing would end up sounding like some cheesy power metal…
If the keys are going to do the guitar harmonies, there is a chance for that. I like power metal, but that's not Bruce's style. I think Bruce and Roy know what they're doing and they won't let the fans to be disappointed live; not after 20+ years without touring.
i think roy z has his reasons when he shared this old bravewords interview and one reason can be the fans' adrian cheering. that may upset the real brain behind this project. he wanted to underline the fact that he and bruce are the creators here and i can't blame him.

on the other hand i don't get this early pessimism. bruce always delivers, even his worst b-sides have sth clever to check for. the album's first title was if eternity should fail, and we all know that song and what it promises. yes, i have doubts about this "sole axeman" thing but i have only positive feelings about the Mandrake album. even the title is cool.
I think you are right about the reason. About your second comment, I totally agree with everything (especially for the part in bold).

Samson also only had one guitar I think?

So Bruce had 2 guitars throughout his Maiden tenure and what 2-3 of his solo albums.

Since rejoining Maiden, he has had three guitarists in the band.

I guess he likes to mix it up a bit. He hardly wants to produce exactly the same sound as Maiden otherwise I can't really see the point of him doing solo work.

Bit like expecting Smith/Kotzen and British Lion to sound like Maiden clones. Of more limited appeal obvo, but will develop their own fan base to an extent.

I guess he likes to mix it up a bit. He hardly wants to produce exactly the same sound as Maiden otherwise I can't really see the point of him doing solo work.
Sure, but he has a solo catalog where at least half of it has lots of very prominent dual guitar work. How do you effectively represent those songs live with a single guitar, when your past touring line-ups starting with Accident Of Birth have always had two guitarists? Bass and keys can only fill in some of that empty space.

The proof is in the pudding, of course, but I have never heard a single-guitar live performance do justice to a dual-guitar song before.

Sure, but he has a solo catalog where at least half of it has lots of very prominent dual guitar work. How do you effectively represent those songs live with a single guitar, when your past touring line-ups starting with Accident Of Birth have always had two guitarists? Bass and keys can only fill in some of that empty space.

The proof is in the pudding, of course, but I have never heard a single-guitar live performance do justice to a dual-guitar song before.

Total speculation until we know what songs he is going to play live.

Didn't stop Maiden back in the day before they had a second guitarist..... Steve used to do the answering solo on bass.

Can the keyboardist also play guitar? Fairly common in alot of bands (such as UFO).

Quoted for truth.

I proudly play Prominy virtual instruments, especially LPC and SC Electric Guitar which I massively used on my brand new album; 'Dragon Fire'. You can enjoy some amazing guitar performances using SC Electric Guitar - you'll be blown away with the stunning and powerful guitar sound made by Prominy! The new SR5 Rock Bass really astonished me, it completes my electric strings setup. Of course, the awarded PCP-80 Electric Piano is firmly embedded in my equipment. Prominy offers hightop-class virtual instruments for any kind of musicians, songs and styles. Thanks to Prominy, my music production definitely moved a step ahead!

My knowledge of electrical instruments is extremely limited, but I am presuming he can duplicate a guitar sound using a "SC Electric Guitar"? Although I agree a second proper guitarist would be the way to go.....

I do wonder if the single guitarist lineup may not actually be entirely Bruce's own idea and might've in fact been influenced by Roy Z himself, especially considering he's been overshadowed by Adrian before. Maybe he wanted to be the sole guitarist on stage next to Bruce for once to make it obvious the music the audience will be hearing is as much his as it is Bruce's.

They won't. The tour line-up is already revealed. I feel the band will sound fine live, but heavy metal (and especially Bruce's albums) is always better with 2 guitars live. And btw, Bruce likes prog stuff, right?

Yeah, me too.

Well they’ll have the keyboards replace the second guitar if that makes any sense. This will add a bit more of prog element to it.

Besides I always felt it was Arry who liked Prog. Bruce is a solid heavy metal musician with a bit of experimentation. Feels like he’s venturing into power metal a little with the new song.

Back