Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
Am I the only one who feels like a single guitarist would suffice, based on the snippet they released? Not to mention the keyboardist looks straight outta Rhapsody Of Fire :D
Really excited, the vocals have a very different style for Bruce. Is 'If Eternity Should Fail' a key to the storyline or only demo version will be included?

Am I the only one who feels like a single guitarist would suffice, based on the snippet they released?
If they plan on playing anything other than Skunkworks and Mandrake songs live, they're still going to have to deal with the lack of a second guitarist on those other songs. Even Tattooed Millionaire and Balls To Picasso still layered the guitars, despite there only being one guitar player in the studio.

they're still going to have to deal with the lack of a second guitarist
Um... yeah, I mean
images

I'm really struggling to find the angle from which some of you are looking at all of this. Is it the case of lowering your expectations so final result might end up better? Or is it the case of forming an negative opinion first-handed so if the consensus ends up being negative, you can go: "Well, I was one of the first ones that said this would suck!" thus possibly enhancing your music-critique level?

Gone are the days where you could see Bruce and Adrian together in small venue rocking AoB and TCW, I don't see the point of Bruce trying to re-live the "metal show" when he has being doing that for Maiden for past 20+ years. Just look at the stuff has been doing outside of Maiden since he rejoined - except that short tour in 2002, nothing even resembled to what he did in the 90s. Now when he doesn't have to worry about his paycheck he's been making beer, doing plane instructions, directing movies, writing memoirs, doing podcasts and radio shows, having a spoken word/stand-up shows, playing with orchestra etc. Nothing points to: I wanna play my last two metal albums in a small venue with Adrian. This whole Mandrake album and tour - I expect something completely different than what I would get with Maiden.

Then again, what the fuck do I know, my No.1 Bruce album is Skunkworks.

Didn't stop Maiden back in the day before they had a second guitarist..... Steve used to do the answering solo on bass.
This was done only out of necessity.
Well they’ll have the keyboards replace the second guitar if that makes any sense. This will add a bit more of prog element to it.
True.
Is 'If Eternity Should Fail' a key to the storyline or only demo version will be included?
I think rather not, especially since the demo of the song will be included in the upcoming single.
Power metal or melodic death metal?
Both, overall from the snippet.
Obviously the keyboardist will take the role of "second guitarist" in this band. We will get new arrangements of the AoB and TCW songs accordingly. Will they work well? I'll give Bruce and Roy the benefit of the doubt for now.
Gone are the days where you could see Bruce and Adrian together in small venue rocking AoB and TCW, I don't see the point of Bruce trying to re-live the "metal show" when he has being doing that for Maiden for past 20+ years. Just look at the stuff has been doing outside of Maiden since he rejoined - except that short tour in 2002, nothing even resembled to what he did in the 90s. Now when he doesn't have to worry about his paycheck he's been making beer, doing plane instructions, directing movies, writing memoirs, doing podcasts and radio shows, having a spoken word/stand-up shows, playing with orchestra etc. Nothing points to: I wanna play my last two metal albums in a small venue with Adrian. This whole Mandrake album and tour - I expect something completely different than what I would get with Maiden.
I agree. But I don't expect something completely different than what we get with Maiden. Only the prominent keys live.

The unboxing of "Afterglow Of Ragnarok":

Includes the original demo of "If Eternity Should Fail", though Bruce says this track has also been reworked and retitled for inclusion on The Mandrake Project album itself.

The Mandrake Project will also get a graphic novel trilogy, which will be released over the next couple of years. The comic included in the single is a prequel.

Includes the original demo of "If Eternity Should Fail", though Bruce says this track has also been reworked and retitled for inclusion on The Mandrake Project album itself.

The Mandrake Project will also get a graphic novel trilogy, which will be released over the next couple of years. The comic included in the single is a prequel.
I look forward to the album, but I have zero interest in the comic books. But I'm glad Bruce gets to do new creative things, and I'm sure some people will enjoy it.

Pentagram! And Candles! Now that's what I call Metal! And... In the end, I guess, Eternity Did Not Fail!

edit: It will be weird hearing If Eternity's new version. Esp. if lyrics will be different.

So the original (the Maiden version more or less) of IESF will be the demo, while the song on the album will be the same song but reworked and retitled - that's better. The question is how much will be reworked. To the point of not recognizing it? What will the new title be? Will the lyrics be different? Will the chorus be different (or with a different melody). Interesting. Bruce fooled us with the demo, but it was a bit more likely for him to include it. If the song is completely reworked, that would be great. I hope so. It would be weird to hear the song with different lyrics but with the same-ish melodies and riffs.
In the end, I guess, Eternity Did Not Fail!
Yes.

Screenshot from the video:

iesf demo info.png

IESF on the album - different words, different feel and plenty more vocal tracks. The character from the outro also survived. The idea for the comic book was the reason for the spoken word outro, already in 2014 when the song was written.

IESF demo has numerous flaws... ''but that is the point''.

Bruce played the keys on the intro (which he intended to replace).

More info from the video: by 2023 the storyline of TMP had radically changed.

So, album storyline radically changed.. But now we saw pentagram, it definitely will be something about oppression of the souls of humans or aliens. Draining the life force from poor mortals like it was shown in the Warcraft movie. Those scenes with warlock Gul'dan were friggin powerful and convincing, I must say.

Back