Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
Alexander Milas posted this on the FC forum, "Hey guys, not sure why this keeps coming up but the band has been announced - Roy Z is the sole axeman."
Would've been fun if Adrian was involved in some way but he wasn't a "must" for me, like for some others. That said the majority of Bruce's solo work requires a second guitar to sound right, so I'm not quite sure why they'd go for a single guitar.

Thanks for sharing the information mate, it is really appreciated.

Very strange decision if you ask me. I do not regret not buying a ticket.

Did he have two guitar players when he did those festivals in the 00s? I know Pete Friesen did those gigs, but was there someone else as well, maybe the Skunkworks line up?

Last edited:
Did he have two guitar players when he did those festivals in the 00s? I know Pete Friesen did those gigs, but was there someone else as well, maybe the Skunkworks line up?

The line-up for the 2002 festivals was Bruce Dickinson on vocals, Alex Dickson and Pete Friesen on guitar, Chris Dale on bass, and Robin Guy on drums.

Considering the nature of the material on Accident of Birth, The Chemical Wedding, and Tyranny of Souls, not having two guitars to reproduce those songs live is VERY odd.

The line-up for the 2002 festivals was Bruce Dickinson on vocals, Alex Dickson and Pete Friesen on guitar, Chris Dale on bass, and Robin Guy on drums.

Considering the nature of the material on Accident of Birth, The Chemical Wedding, and Tyranny of Souls, not having two guitars to reproduce those songs live is VERY odd.

In my opinion, this material cannot be adequately represented live with one guitarist.
So if Bruce thinks that he only needs one guitarist, could that mean that his show will only consist of the new material, which is different?

In my opinion, this material cannot be adequately represented live with one guitarist.
So if Bruce thinks that he only needs one guitarist, could that mean that his show will only consist of the new material, which is different?
The Skunkworks songs are all single-guitar as well. Though it would be extremely odd to have a show consisting only of new material and Skunkworks songs...

Maybe Bruce will bust out the guitar and play rhythm, and Roy will do all the solos back to back. But probably not.

Not entirely unprecedented. I hope Bruce will break out his Gibson for a couple of dual harmonies at least.

As they have a full time keyboardist I think it was always on the cards.

Nope, he already said he will play songs from AOB and TCW, although he will need 2 guitars for them. The keys won't work, although Bruce probably added them to the tour due to the lack of a 2nd guitar.

One thing should be noted: only 2 out of his 7 (I assume that about the new one too) solo albums are with 2 guitarists.
Considering one guitar thing... I think the new album will be artsy jam session like, while Bruce rambles and mumbles and all of this is heavily drowned in synths.
Maybe the 9-minute long song could feel like that ha, but wow. That's Bruce! TOS was nothing like that. One guitar live will never be good for Bruce (or Maiden or Priest), but one guitar in the studio is a different thing. TOS has 3 songs with guitar harmonies. Yeah, they are not that long and it's not enough, but we have them. And the album is still great.
Maybe Bruce will bust out the guitar and play rhythm, and Roy will do all the solos back to back. But probably not.
I expect Roy to do all the solos. I mean, who else? The band should sound at least decent with 1 guitar live; right. Can't see Bruce with a rhythm guitar on stage again.
This concert has an amazing energy from everyone.

You're not fooling anyone...

giphy.gif

Back