The Future Past Tour 2024

Given the trajectory of the band members' ages, health conditions, and what we know of their future plans, I would say the chance of them playing anything from X Factor or later ever again is near 0. I think all Somewhere in Time songs outside of Wasted Years are out. CIPWM and Prisoner are probably out just because they will make room for other songs from those albums that haven't been played in awhile.

This will be a special tour in terms of once in a lifetime opportunities to hear certain songs, but there are probably at least a third of the songs on each tour going back to TFF that are in that category.

You might get a BNW song, or a new album song, if there ever is a new album, but agreed no hope of anything else.

You're probably only 50:50 for anything other than FOTD from the 90s on the forthcoming tour as well.

I won’t be surprised if the whole 1986-1992 period is condensed into a few songs. The marketing on this tour is clearly leaning into early days territory, which makes sense given that they haven’t had a show with a heavy focus on anything pre-Piece of Mind since 2005 (or 2007 if you count the half-hearted NOTB celebration).

I love it when a plan comes together. One of the chefs where I work approved my time off request yesterday for November 2nd, so having said that...

...SCREAM FOR ME, BROOKLYN! Sixteen days until Eddie and the boys take over the Barclays Center. I hope that ya'll in the states are just as amped as I am for your date of the tour. We full-on know the excitement of the days winding down to seeing Iron Maiden in concert, and this time around the event is for us, the super-fans.

Back