The Future Past Tour 2024

I think there is a thematic clash between Alexander and the Parchment. I just feel that both have similar vibes (about similar parts of the world). Death of the Celts is just totally different to Alexander. I would have preferred The Parchment but Celts was fun.

Although I do wonder why Bruce said in an interview that “The Parchment” was “not possible”. Wouldn't it then be something more like “unfortunately doesn't fit the setlist this time”.
I don't think it has anything to do with the backdrops. Why shouldn't it be possible to design a fantastic backdrop for “The Parchment”.

I was thinking about this the other day. They have needed a lot of time to get "matchfit" this year.

They should probably have one more week of rehearsals.
this happened on 2022 tour? I only remember this "took a month to get fit" since future past 1st leg.

this happened on 2022 tour? I only remember this "took a month to get fit" since future past 1st leg.
The thing is that it was one of the longest gaps mid-tour between 2022 and 2023 shows thanks to the Bruce tour. I think they might've underestimated that and booked the usual week of rehearsals between tour legs.

Does he keep missing the cymbals?
Didn't watch the whole thing, skipped a bit around and from what I've seen he doesn't miss them, no. Some of the live videos from the current shows sound like he's missing them, but I think that's due to the audio quality of the videos and the mixing, not him actually missing them.

Reminds me of my first Maiden gig on the VXI tour. They were at the Glasgow Barrowlands, a club sized venue with a very low ceiling. Far too low to accommodate Maiden's backdrops or stage set.
That was similar to my first live experience with Maiden on The X Factour in a club in Minneapolis. Small(ish) stage, but a decently high ceiling--even so, no big Eddie or even walk-on Eddie. On the following tour, they were booked at a place called the Medina Ballroom, which had a low ceiling, so I knew it would never fit the big inflatable Eddie. Ended up going down to Chicago first, got the full stage set down there, and then the Medina Ballroom show was cancelled due to Blaze being sick with the dust allergies or whatever it was.

Back