The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce is less of a problem than Nicko here.

And even Nicko hasn't played it during his cover shows once. And he usually plays everything and more.
Oh yes! It goes without saying the drumming is hard as hell also (if he already admitted he struggles doing the one foot galloping on "Stratego" this is borderline non feasible. But even if it wasn't for that... songs like Caught Somewhere In Time, Sea Of Madness and LOTLDR are beyond what 64 year old Bruce can pull out if they're played in the original tuning.

There is one more question:
Will there be a 1986/87 live album (+possibly some vault video) release accompanying the tour?
What do you all think?
I don't think so. They don't have a full show from 1986 for a video (the info is from Rod). I'm sure there will be a concert video from this tour (with the SIT modern stage/songs and the SJ songs) - this is the main reason for this ''2 albums tour''.

Oh yes! It goes without saying the drumming is hard as hell also (if he already admitted he struggles doing the one foot galloping on "Stratego" this is borderline non feasible. But even if it wasn't for that... songs like Caught Somewhere In Time, Sea Of Madness and LOTLDR are beyond what 64 year old Bruce can pull out if they're played in the original tuning.
I think they could pull off Sea Of Madness.

Loneliness and CSIT, there is no chance.

And I just hope they don't put their heads through a wall and play CSIT at 142 BPM (which is what would happen if they play it).

Considering the tour poster, my bet is on the Clint Eastwood cyborg Eddie during SIASL.
This would also neatly solve the "problem" of SIASL being hard to slot in a set and being kind of a low-energy, low-tempo number. Put in Eddie and suddenly it's a lot more exciting for the casual audience, just like they did with Senjutsu this year (to some success).

Well well, we actually have a tour announced for which people hoping for ATG are not considered trolls or crazy. Interesting times we live in!

Let's not forget that they announced 5 songs each from TNOTB and AMOLAD for A Matter of the Beast tour and it didn't quite come true. Things could change after rehearsals.

If somebody wants to travel for the UK tour, where’s the best venue(s) to see them? Would like to catch multiples but also will depend on scheduling (summer is a busy time for me).
Glasgow. Scottish crowds are the best (and the loudest) and the Ovo Arena has the best layout. Wherever you are you get a great view of the stage.

Unpopular opinion: The Future Past tour will include a Somewhere on Tour inspired stage set, with Wasted Years, Heaven Can Wait and Stranger in A Strange Land making the setlist - along with 4 tracks from Senjutsu (Stratego, The Writing on The Wall, Days of Future past and Hell On Earth), while the rest of the set is made up of pure classics, along with The Clairvoyant, Running Free and Wrathchild.

They will certainly not perform Alexander the Great.

Unpopular opinion: The Future Past tour will include a Somewhere on Tour inspired stage set, with Wasted Years, Heaven Can Wait and Stranger in A Strange Land making the setlist - along with 4 tracks from Senjutsu (Stratego, The Writing on The Wall, Days of Future past and Hell On Earth), while the rest of the set is made up of pure classics, along with The Clairvoyant, Running Free and Wrathchild.

They will certainly not perform Alexander the Great.
I agree with some of this, but Steve specifically mentioned playing multiple of the "epics" from Senjutsu in the press release today. We're getting at least Hell on Earth and one other long tune.

Given, CSIT is a difficult song to perform, I doubt they will play it. This song and Heaven Can Wait are far too long.
100% songs:
Wasted Years, Stranger In A Strange Land, Alexander The Great,
Heaven Can Wait?

50% songs:
Sea of Madness, Deja Vu.

I'd love to finally hear Deja Vu, LOTLDR and Sea of Madness but I worry about them getting left out of the set.

But, focusing on the positives, seeing Alexander live will be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back