The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might as well give him SIASL so the failure can be as epic as possible!
Had the same thought lol

But to be quite honest, some of Jan's best solos are quite slow and melodic, so he might actually not butcher it completely. Probably still not as great as H's original solo, but would be quite interesting to hear.

So based off of Steve's message, is it wishful thinking that we'll get North America dates for this tour?
:goodbye:

I can't imagine them not doing an American leg. Maybe 2024 instead of 2023. Bruce said a lot of "see you soon, somewhere on tour" and all these variations. Maybe something similar to this year, Summer in Europe, Autumn the Americas? Crossing my fingers for you!

If the 5+5 thing is true then, this brings us to question of the elusive 5th SIT song next year.
It could be 6 from Senjutsu (HoE, Parchment, DOFP, Time Machine, TWOTW, Senjutsu) and 4 from SIT (ATG, SIASL, WY, HCW) and thus they will have another slot for a deep cut, but I doubt it. The hint is strong. I still believe in CSIT though.

They will play for sure Trooper, Hallowed, IM and FOTD (TNOTB could be dropped, but 2MTM could be played) and there will be less room for some deep cuts like BNW, maybe something from TFF/TBOS albums, OTGDY, Clairvoyant, 22AA, OOTSP...

5+5+5(or 6) = 5 SIT, 5 SJ, 4/5 classics and 1/2 deep cuts.

Wonder, if we will get again 2 walking Eddies - Samurai and SIT Eddie. Seems quite possible, I would say 90% of that happening.

But which one will it be for the big Eddie? I would like it to be Senjutsu Eddie, but if they are going to recreate SIT stage design, then it would be logical to have SIT Eddie with inflatable hands. Selle, my money would be on Senjutsu Eddie being the big one. But we'll see.

Wonder, if we will get again 2 walking Eddies - Samurai and SIT Eddie. Seems quite possible, I would say 90% of that happening.

But which one will it be for the big Eddie? I would like it to be Senjutsu Eddie, but if they are going to recreate SIT stage design, then it would be logical to have SIT Eddie with inflatable hands. Selle, my money would be on Senjutsu Eddie being the big one. But we'll see.
Considering the tour poster, my bet is on the Clint Eastwood cyborg Eddie during SIASL.

Might as well give him SIASL so the failure can be as epic as possible!
Janick would do a great SIASL solo. He is very good with slow solos (like Adrian and Dave).
I can't imagine them not doing an American leg. Maybe 2024 instead of 2023. Bruce said a lot of "see you soon, somewhere on tour" and all these variations. Maybe something similar to this year, Summer in Europe, Autumn the Americas?
^ This.

Senjutsu is feudal Japan and the SiT design was based on Blade Runner which had a futuristic neon Japan design.

So regarding stage sets, I don't think it too much of a stretch to think that we'll get a blend of these two looks. Neon Pagodas anyone? A Samurai Cyborg Eddie?

They will recreate the battle bewteen Eddie SIT and the Samouraï that appeared on a bootleg cover artwork in 1986 (The Battle Of Paris). ;) So, I bet they'll still use two Eddies as on the LOTB tour this year : the Samouraï Eddie fighting the SIT Eddie, that could be really epic. :cool:

Juras (who hinted at that tour before) said 5 Senjutsu + 5 SiT + 5 classics is the most likely on its FB account.

2 walk-on Eddies again? It's very possible. Senjutsu and Cyborg (with SIASL outfit to make it different from the 2008 SIT walk-on Eddie and is on the tour poster) Eddies.

We didn't see a fight on stage between Trooper and Senjutsu Eddies, so it's time to see if SIT Eddie is brave enough. We need to see this epic battle! :lol:

The big Eddie should be Senjutsu imo, but Cyborg Eddie with the big inflatable hands is very possible too. They will pobably go with the latter since the stage set will be a modern SIT version. And Steve will definitely want to film this tour, so he will want to recreate as much as possible from the original 1986 tour. It's not sure though.

If somebody wants to travel for the UK tour, where’s the best venue(s) to see them? Would like to catch multiples but also will depend on scheduling (summer is a busy time for me).

I agree with Knickerbocker and Perun regarding song selections. Seems like AtG is as strong a possibility as ever, but Stranger in a Strange Land is also a highly requested song and that + CSIT would qualify as pretty deep cuts. Add in the usual suspects and several unplayed Senjutsu songs and you have a pretty loaded setlist. I’m sure there’s a possibility for more, but investing too much into the 5+5 thing is just setting yourself up for disappointment imo. Remember A Matter of the Beast tour?

2 walk-on Eddies again? It's very possible. Senjutsu and Cyborg (with SIASL outfit to make it different from the 2008 SIT walk-on Eddie) Eddies.

We didn't see a fight on stage between Trooper and Senjutsu Eddies, so it's time to see if SIT Eddie is brave enough. We need to see this epic battle! :lol:

The big Eddie should be Senjutsu imo, but Cyborg Eddie with the big inflatable hands is very possible too. They will pobably go with the latter since the stage set will be a modern SIT version. And Steve will definitely want to film this tour, so he will want to recreate as much as possible from the original 1986 tour. It's not sure though.

I think you're right, I believe we are going to get a modern reimagining of the SIT stage show. I'm glad the shows are in arenas too rather than outdoors as well as this will definitely benefit the production.

So based off of Steve's message, is it wishful thinking that we'll get North America dates for this tour? :goodbye:
Bruce has been giving a lot of "somewhere" hints in the USA it will 100% happen but my guess is the tour will be spread over 2 legs. 2023 Europe 2024 noth/south America.

Much like how the legacy tour initially started with the 2018/19 legs

If somebody wants to travel for the UK tour, where’s the best venue(s) to see them? Would like to catch multiples but also will depend on scheduling (summer is a busy time for me).

I agree with Knickerbocker and Perun regarding song selections. Seems like AtG is as strong a possibility as ever, but Stranger in a Strange Land is also a highly requested song and that + CSIT would qualify as pretty deep cuts. Add in the usual suspects and several unplayed Senjutsu songs and you have a pretty loaded setlist. I’m sure there’s a possibility for more, but investing too much into the 5+5 thing is just setting yourself up for disappointment imo. Remember A Matter of the Beast tour?

The O2 Arena in London is great and they’ll play 2 gigs there.

Out of the ones I've been to they're playing on this tour I'd say Nottingham is probably the best venue. It's a pretty good arena, pretty small, and the city is well connected with East Midlands Airport. But you probably won't go wrong with any of them to be honest. If you're doing multiple though, I think the most logical would be Manchester, Birmingham and London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back