The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at the moment we are assuming 5 SIT songs to make it SIT themed tour. But I think 4 songs is enough to make it tour decicated to SiT material. Steve said they havent given SiT same attention as other 80s albums. But if we analyze the recent tours (mostly from 2008 onwards), then -

Number of the Beast - 5 songs recently played (5th being Prisoner which was played last time 2014. If you want to extend then 6 songs played this century, but the sixth was last played nearly 20 years ago in 2003 - 22Acacia avenue)

Piece of Mind - 4 songs recently played, all on LOTB tour. (5 this century, 5th being Die with your boots on in 2005)

Powerslave - 4 songs recently played, 2 of them on LOTB tour (Rime in last played in 2009).

Now, Somewhere in Time - only 2 songs (Wasted in 2017 and Heaven can wait in 2008)

7th Son of 7th Son - 5 songs (Evil in 2019 and others on Maiden England tour) Altough 6th song Infite Dreams was rehearsed.

So, in conclusion, playing 4 songs from SiT would be enough to say it has gotten its dedicated set and spotlight. If somebody would say with 4 songs played from SlT that its overlooked on the future tour, it would be same as saying Powerslave has been overlooked in this century. Yes, NotB and SSOASS have 5 songs, but maybe because they are more accessable.

So, my guess 4 songs from SiT and these being Wasted, Heaven, Stranger and Alex with the latter 2 being the songs Steve hinted in the tour announcment as fan requested songs.

See you Somewhere on tour!

I agree with some of this, but Steve specifically mentioned playing multiple of the "epics" from Senjutsu in the press release today. We're getting at least Hell on Earth and one other long tune.
I say the parchment is guaranteed nicko mentioned that as the one he really wants to do. Hell on earth also a certainty as your 2 epics

Unpopular opinion: The Future Past tour will include a Somewhere on Tour inspired stage set, with Wasted Years, Heaven Can Wait and Stranger in A Strange Land making the setlist - along with 4 tracks from Senjutsu (Stratego, The Writing on The Wall, Days of Future past and Hell On Earth), while the rest of the set is made up of pure classics, along with The Clairvoyant, Running Free and Wrathchild.

They will certainly not perform Alexander the Great.
Eh, I'm not complaining at that. A lack of ATG isn't going to break this tour for me.

I will admit, I was a teensy bit disappointed that there won't be a full-scale Senjutsu tour. But, I'm glad they're still putting a fair bit of focus on it, and I've only heard one song from Somewhere in Time (Wasted Years, twice) so those songs will certainly make up for it. I expect they'll drop Senjutsu and Stratego, bit of a shame but I'd prefer most other Senjutsu songs over those two. Parchment and Hell on Earth are musts for me, if they don't play them I'm walking out of the arena.

It's just so nice to have something Maiden-related to look forward to again.

I will admit, I was a teensy bit disappointed that there won't be a full-scale Senjutsu tour. But, I'm glad they're still putting a fair bit of focus on it, and I've only heard one song from Somewhere in Time (Wasted Years, twice) so those songs will certainly make up for it. I expect they'll drop Senjutsu and Stratego, bit of a shame but I'd prefer most other Senjutsu songs over those two. Parchment and Hell on Earth are musts for me, if they don't play them I'm walking out of the arena.

It's just so nice to have something Maiden-related to look forward to again.
When picking the steve epics those two are pretty much certain imo. Steve wrote the parchment to be played live it will be massive with those 5 solos live its 100% in ahaha they also are aware how popular hell on earth is

Originally when this was talked and discussed, but also got that particular feeling from Bruce's interviews (and others comments) that they were really looking forward to bringing the full Senjutsu album to the stage. It would have worked live (similar to what it was with AMOLAD).
Can't say Im disappointed..but it will be still pretty awesome show and now that they are going to add SIT-songs it's no brainer really.
I don't mind the change of the course, it's Maiden and it's always my precious thing so nice to look forward and wait for the next tour.
Could it be that they will only play Writing On The Wall and then add few Senjutsu songs that weren't played on this tour?
Senjutsu was perfect album (for me) and so Im happy to hear any stuff from it live..

Originally when this was talked and discussed, but also got that particular feeling from Bruce's interviews (and others comments) that they were really looking forward to bringing the full Senjutsu album to the stage. It would have worked live (similar to what it was with AMOLAD).
Can't say Im disappointed..but it will be still pretty awesome show and now that they are going to add SIT-songs it's no brainer really.
I don't mind the change of the course, it's Maiden and it's always my precious thing so nice to look forward and wait for the next tour.
Could it be that they will only play Writing On The Wall and then add few Senjutsu songs that weren't played on this tour?
Senjutsu was perfect album (for me) and so Im happy to hear any stuff from it live..
I do think that was at least Bruce's intention before they announced the North American Legacy of the Beast 22 tour. I don't think it'd really work to start a full Senjutsu tour featuring the whole album nearly a full two years after the album's release. They needed an angle to attach to it.

They knew this since at least new year.

Nicko, during his gigs, stated that full Senjutsu is out of the window, they will probably play 5-6 Senjustu songs and that they will probably play ATG. That combined with various members wanting to play SIASL, the managment probably thought it's a good idea to cash in on SIT.

I don't think it'd really work to start a full Senjutsu tour featuring the whole album nearly a full two years after the album's release. They needed an angle to attach to it.

My theory, at the risk of sounding like RLonger, is that the band didn't think a full Senjutsu tour would go down very well after the criticism
they received on the Matter of Life and Death tour and first leg of the Final Frontier tour. There seemed to be less of it on the Book of Souls tour, but I think that was more down to everyone being glad to see Bruce fighting fit after his cancer scare. Couple that with Senjutsu not hitting the top spot in the UK and somewhat mixed responses to the Senjutsu tracks on LOTB and they probably decided they needed something to draw in classic fans. Can't do a history tour on top of a history tour so, fuck it, we haven't done SiT yet, let's go.

Or maybe they originally planned on finishing LOTB, releasing Senjutsu and doing a proper tour for it and then a SIT tour afterwards. Due to the pandemic costing them a lot of time they might've combined two tours.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever get a definitive answer.

Or maybe they originally planned on finishing LOTB, releasing Senjutsu and doing a proper tour for it and then a SIT tour afterwards. Due to the pandemic costing them a lot of time they might've combined two tours.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever get a definitive answer.
That might be something like that. Of course, the whole pandemic did mess up their plans badly..Anyways, it was nice to see Eddie in action last june and so I hope to see them next year aswell..as this has become sort of tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back