The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
They dont seem to expect album tours to sell as well which is why Rod made the point of the tour being back in intimate arenas as opposed to stadiums

My theory, at the risk of sounding like RLonger, is that the band didn't think a full Senjutsu tour would go down very well after the criticism
they received on the Matter of Life and Death tour and first leg of the Final Frontier tour. There seemed to be less of it on the Book of Souls tour, but I think that was more down to everyone being glad to see Bruce fighting fit after his cancer scare. Couple that with Senjutsu not hitting the top spot in the UK and somewhat mixed responses to the Senjutsu tracks on LOTB and they probably decided they needed something to draw in classic fans. Can't do a history tour on top of a history tour so, fuck it, we haven't done SiT yet, let's go.
I think The Book of Souls had a perfectly constructed setlist though. Six new songs with a lot of 80s material with some deep cuts? Perfection.

By the time these two tours are done, we'll have heard 7-8 songs off Senjutsu. That's more than a lot of albums have received and certainly the most since AMOLAD.

We may wish for a proper album tour, but I think they're being pretty smart about incorporating a ton of new material into their previous commitments while also making the most out of (realistically) their last touring decade.

Or maybe they originally planned on finishing LOTB, releasing Senjutsu and doing a proper tour for it and then a SIT tour afterwards. Due to the pandemic costing them a lot of time they might've combined two tours.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever get a definitive answer.
thats likely, they could have planned to tour Senjustu then the next best of tour was going to be SIT based, looks like they could be combining the two here.

By the time these two tours are done, we'll have heard 7-8 songs off Senjutsu. That's more than a lot of albums have received and certainly the most since AMOLAD.

We may wish for a proper album tour, but I think they're being pretty smart about incorporating a ton of new material into their previous commitments while also making the most out of (realistically) their last touring decade.

Yep, I agree and wholeheartedly welcome new tour and so, if any new material, history tours whatever it will be..I will be there to see Maiden.
The sands of time are running low..We have to accept the fact that there might not be too many tours or albums left.
Im so glad to see Maiden still around..making new material and playing amazing shows. It's always nice to witness and feel it live there in the concert.
Once these moments are only memories..it will be moving moment for me because Maiden has been part of my life for so long time already.

Wonder if they will try to mirror the SIT guitar tone? I doubt it, but would be awesome
Probably not. Gallien-Krueger amps contributed a lot to that tone and those are long gone from their setup. Actually if I am not wrong, that was the only album on which those were used. @matic22 will probably be able to provide some more inside on the matter.

Iron Maiden will be bringing a new tour to Europe in the Summer of 2023 including arena shows in the UK & Ireland. The Future Past Tour will feature previously unperformed songs from the band’s most recent studio album, Senjutsu along with a focus on 1986’s iconic Somewhere In Time record, plus other classic cuts.

tfp_imcom_poster.jpg

The first shows to be announced are as follows:

June 2023
13 Tauron Arena, Krakow, POLAND - (On sale Fri Oct 14)
19 Hallenstadion, Zurich, SWITZERLAND - (On sale Thu Oct 13)
24 3Arena, Dublin, IRELAND - (On sale Fri Oct 14)
26 Ovo Hydro, Glasgow, SCOTLAND - (On sale Fri Oct 14)
28 First Direct Arena, Leeds, ENGLAND - (On sale Fri Oct 14)
30 AO Arena, Manchester, ENGLAND - (On sale Fri Oct 14)

July 2023
03 Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham, ENGLAND - (On sale Fri Oct 14)
04 Utilita Arena, Birmingham, ENGLAND - (On sale Fri Oct 14)
07 O2 Arena, London, ENGLAND - (On sale Fri Oct 14)
11 Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, THE NETHERLANDS - (On sale Thu Oct 13)
13 Sportpaleis, Antwerp, BELGIUM - (On sale Thu Oct 13)
15 The Return of the Gods Festival, Milan, ITALY - (On sale Tomorrow! Fri Oct 7)

Further European dates for The Future Past Tour will be announced later. Keep up to date here.

Fan Club Presales begin Tuesday 11th October. Details to be added shortly.
Support for The Future Past Tour will be announced at a later date. Trooper VIP will be available at selected UK and European dates.

Steve Harris says,
“Following the release of our latest album, Senjutsu, we updated the current Legacy of the Beast Tour a little by opening the show with the first 3 songs from it, with the Japanese Palace stage set. As it doesn’t make a lot of sense to repeat this for a Senjutsu album tour, we thought about other options and we’ve decided to revisit Somewhere In Time as that tour didn’t feature in the various retrospective history tours we’ve played over the years. They were based on our 80’s concert videos and sadly we did not film that tour (blame the manager!!). We have had lots of requests from fans over the years for many tracks on it so we are now going to play them, plus of course a few others we know you will like! It will also be particularly satisfying to finally get to play some of the more epic tracks on Senjutsu, it's been a long wait! 2023 is going to be an exciting time and we’re really looking forward to seeing everyone again in the UK, Ireland and around Europe”.

Manager, Rod Smallwood adds,
“This combination of the two albums we feel is very exciting. We know fans want to hear those epic cuts on Senjutsu for the first time live and we think that by combining it with an iconic album like Somewhere In Time it will make for another really special tour for fans old and new! Of course, for a new album tour in Europe and the UK we will go back largely to the relative intimacy of arenas and we know fans will be very happy about that too!”
A cool tour idea, especially if some rarity from SiT gets played.

They dont seem to expect album tours to sell as well which is why Rod made the point of the tour being back in intimate arenas as opposed to stadiums
I thought I heard Twickenham 08 didn't go down well or something - and that was for the history tour of history tours. I don't think this band's ever been a stadium headliner in the UK anyways.

Probably not. Gallien-Krueger amps contributed a lot to that tone and those are long gone from their setup. Actually if I am not wrong, that was the only album on which those were used. @matic22 will probably be able to provide some more inside on the matter.
Nope. No chance.

The closest thing that could happen is them going for Axe FX or Kemper for those sounds.

This is fantastic idea.

I think that 5 vs 5 hint on video promo means 5 songs from each album.

In the statement they hint that they will focus on songs from new album that they did not yet play, and TWOTW hint is in promo. I am sure that Stratego and Senjutsu will not be played.

CSiT and Runner seems immposible to play so ATG and Madness are must on set with WY, HCW and Stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back