The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already willing to get that Australia and Asia are getting screwed again. We lost out on Legacy due to COVID, but I’d reckon there’s no way this tour will be going for three years and we’ll be the chopping block. Which sucks given Senjutsu is based on Japanese Warfare. I pray, but I doubt we will.

If somebody wants to travel for the UK tour, where’s the best venue(s) to see them? Would like to catch multiples but also will depend on scheduling (summer is a busy time for me).

Leeds would be my first choice of arena - less than a decade old, amphitheatre configuration, so relatively intimate. They've chosen the worse of Birmingham's 2 arenas - designed for sports, endless concrete with muddy, booming sound. Manchester is fine (Leeds then Manchester would make a decent twofer). The London o2 is good, if exceedingly corporate, but it will definitely feel like an event, and the schedule seems designed with room for extra dates.

Spare a thought for aus/nz and asia tho . there is about to be mass riots knowing they are skipped over again

closing with Alexander would actually be the coolest thing I think they could do with this tour. Aside from opening with Caught Somewhere in Time
Starting the encore with Alexander is the most fitting scenario.

Lights go dark,
"My son ask for thyself another kingdom
For that which I leave is too small for thee" starts playing on the speakers.
Then calm intro part, where nobody is on stage, only some small lights show and then with start of fast part, lights go on, explosions and boys running to the stage!

Thats the way to go!

Starting the encore with Alexander is the most fitting scenario.

Lights go dark,
"My son ask for thyself another kingdom
For that which I leave is too small for thee" starts playing on the speakers.
Then calm intro part, where nobody is on stage, only some small lights show and then with start of fast part, lights go on, explosions and boys running to the stage!

Thats the way to go!
And then...

WRATHCHILD

Spare a thought for aus/nz and asia tho . there is about to be mass riots knowing they are skipped over again
There will be. I’m already pissed knowing it. The best we could ever hope for again is a brief appearance at an airport on a connecting flight somehow. Love how we’re a loyal enough fanbase to pretty regularly get skipped out in when there’s a great tour.

Remember in 2020 when we got cancelled and they said “we’ll be there, in some capacity, in 2022”. Guess we were stupid to believe that at the time, even stupider to wish they actually meant they’d ever come back. The more I read about this tour, the more heartbroken I am.

What I think they will do:

A somewhat realistic possible setlist :
  1. Caught Somewhere In Time (I simply don't know how Bruce will nail this but think they're playing it)
  2. Stranger In A Strange Land (although not as complex as the previous tune that chorus is still one hell of a challenge)
  3. Stratego
  4. The Writing On The Wall
  5. The Trooper
  6. Alexander The Great (jokes aside something tells me this time they'll finally go for it)
  7. Heaven Can Wait
  8. Days of Future Past
  9. Hell On Earth
  10. Two Minutes To Midnight
  11. Hallowed Be Thy Name
  12. The Clairvoyant
  13. Fear Of The Dark
  14. Iron Maiden
Now... what I hope they do in order for things to work out really good:

1. Alexander The Great (Yeah you read it well! Recorded intro and initial guitars and the band exploding when the galoping starts)
  2. Stratego (nice for a second track)
  3. The Writing On The Wall (already really popular among fans)
  4. The Trooper (one of those must plays)
  5. Stranger In A Strange Land (I think Bruce will struggle a lot singing the chorus if they retain the E tune but perhaps I'm wrong)
  6. Deja Vu (CSIT, SOM and TLOTLDR are bat shit crazy to sing. This one is also hard but less. Plus it will be another debut).
  7. Death Of The Celts (love the song. Others would pick The Parchment instead that IMO also works really good)
  8. The Days Of Future Past (also think it's obvious this one will make it)
  9. Heaven Can Wait (since they'll play 5 from SIT this one is also a no brainer)
  10. Powerslave (iconic and I think Bruce still nails it quite well)
  11. Only The Good Die Young (hey... why not? Not hard to sing and another debut)
  12. Hell On Earth (I think Maiden aren't oblivious on how popular this tune is among fans already)
  13. Fear Of The Dark (like if they weren't going to play it...)
  14. Iron Maiden (same as above)
_______________________________________________________________________________________
  1. The Number Of The Beast (classic)
  2. Hallowed Be Thy Name (same as above)
  3. Wasted Years (perfect closer!)

They will recreate the battle bewteen Eddie SIT and the Samouraï that appeared on a bootleg cover artwork in 1986 (The Battle Of Paris). ;) So, I bet they'll still use two Eddies as on the LOTB tour this year : the Samouraï Eddie fighting the SIT Eddie, that could be really epic. :cool:
No way. Two Eddies on stage at the same time means two operators inside costume - unnecessary expenses. Rod is objecting.

I’m sure there’s a possibility for more, but investing too much into the 5+5 thing is just setting yourself up for disappointment imo. Remember A Matter of the Beast tour?
Don't remind me of that, please.
closing with Alexander would actually be the coolest thing I think they could do with this tour. Aside from opening with Caught Somewhere in Time
ATG would be great as the last song in the set, but also as an encore opener. Honestly, I want DOFP to be the opener.
Already willing to get that Australia and Asia are getting screwed again.
If they don't play some shows in Asia and Australia with this tour it will be quite sad for the fans there (especially in Japan).

Remember in 2020 when we got cancelled and they said “we’ll be there, in some capacity, in 2022”. Guess we were stupid to believe that at the time, even stupider to wish they actually meant they’d ever come back.
They probably intended to, and wanted to. But it's not as simple as saying, let's play shows in that country and over there as well. Shit happens and plans change.

Bruce is less of a problem than Nicko here.

And even Nicko hasn't played it during his cover shows once. And he usually plays everything and more.
But he has played Infinite Dreams... :innocent: I agree with your first comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back