The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather see them calling it a day than replacing Nicko. The guy has been the engine of the beast for 40 years!
I honestly don't think Steve is done, lets say Nicko cant continue after this year do you really think they suddenly retire and cancel all there 2024 plans? Simple fact is this won't happen, they will go on without him as a minimum to see out all there future plans.

It's a difficult thing. On the one hand it just makes sense for the band to call it quits when Nicko does, but on the other... The three amigos are still playing absolutely great and have many years in them if they wish, same for Steve who seemingly does not age, and Bruce seems to be full of energy and comfortable with his voice at the moment. And the public demand for the band is not going down, maybe up if anything. So, in a way, it would seem like a waste for the entire band to stop when Nicko decides it's time for retirement.

It's a difficult thing. On the one hand it just makes sense for the band to call it quits when Nicko does, but on the other... The three amigos are still playing absolutely great and have many years in them if they wish, same for Steve who seemingly does not age, and Bruce seems to be full of energy and comfortable with his voice at the moment. And the public demand for the band is not going down, maybe up if anything. So, in a way, it would seem like a waste for the entire band to stop when Nicko decides it's time for retirement.
This is why I don't think they do stop, the rest of the band still have a lot to offer

I think honestly it'll be up to Nicko in large part if they call it quits without him there, and Nicko will want the band to go on. Granted, none of us know what's going on behind-the-scenes. If Nicko really does have some kind of issue at the moment, then there's no doubt it hasn't already been addressed at a band level and they would already have some contingencies in place.

I think it will come down to how they are feeling. My guess is that for Adrian, Dave and Janick putting Maiden to rest would not be a big deal, they probably have other things in life they would happily do instead. Bruce will figure out a million things to spend his time with. But I think for Steve quitting might be a tough pill to swallow

I think honestly it'll be up to Nicko in large part if they call it quits without him there, and Nicko will want the band to go on. Granted, none of us know what's going on behind-the-scenes. If Nicko really does have some kind of issue at the moment, then there's no doubt it hasn't already been addressed at a band level and they would already have some contingencies in place.
I think Nicko actually wouldnt want the entire band to call it quits because of him and actually encourage them to go on, just the kind of guy he is.
The fact that he has mentioned his uncertainty of being behind the kit would suggest they do have a plan B so to speak with a replacement if that ever needed to happen , of course they would have had this discussion behind the scenes .

I honestly don't think Steve is done, lets say Nicko cant continue after this year do you really think they suddenly retire and cancel all there 2024 plans? Simple fact is this won't happen, they will go on without him as a minimum to see out all there future plans.
If Nicko can’t tour then I think 100% Iron Maiden will stop. No more tours and no more albums.

Maybe the odd gig on an anniversary but that’s it, the end.

Does that mean the others are all finished, of course not. I think Steve will just devote more time to British Lion, Bruce will finally get back to his solo career and possibly Janick will join him. Adrian will just poodle along in a variety of different projects until he decides he’s done.

As for Dave, I think he’d happily slope off into retirement. I’m sure I read something somewhere that he was one of the members who was actually enjoying family time the most during the lockdown. I may have this wrong but didn’t he have his first grandchild only a year or two ago? Plus I think read he was one of the members calling for retirement either now or at least in the next couple of years.

For me Nicko is a just an important member as Harris himself. He is essential to the Maiden sound as we know it, even though his fitness may be questionable today. To see him being replaced would feel like someone cheating on my wife.

I'd rather see them doing a peaceful retirement instead of starting to replace members. What if someone else decides they're also done at the same time Nicko is leaving? Is replacing two members as justified as replacing one member?

Observations on this video:

Bruce sounds fantastic. He’s definitely singing great on this tour, hope his voice sounds as good as this in London.

Nicko, something does sound slightly off but…..I only notice this because it’s been highlighted and I’m listening out for it. I’m no drummer nor do I play any other instrument so I’m not overly analytical when it comes to playing so if no one had mentioned there was anyone wrong I may not have picked up on it. Now I’ve noticed it it’s hard to un notice it.

The drumming doesn’t detract from the song though, for me anyway.

The rest of the band sound great.

The audience is the most boring audience I’ve ever seen. Maybe due to the gig being outdoors and to sunny as the lights and stage show are practically non existent. This show is meant to be played indoors.

Nope there was another video where he states God Willing he will be behind the kit next year, most thought nothing of it at the time but clearly it did mean something
Yeah I remember it now.

Arthritis is a potential ticking time bomb and IIRC, it affects his left side mostly. This might be the reason behind the fills reduction.

Does that mean the others are all finished, of course not. I think Steve will just devote more time to British Lion, Bruce will finally get back to his solo career and possibly Janick will join him. Adrian will just poodle along in a variety of different projects until he decides he’s done.
I think there is more chance that H joins Bruce on solo tours than Janick.

H recorded more albums with him and is more suited to Bruce's modernish sound. Also Roy Z wants to work with H again and Leana might play a factor, since she stated that she absolutely adores H's playing.

Also, there is a scenario where both H and Jan tour with Bruce, if Roy doesn't want to do it and Maiden is done, I think.

The audience is the most boring audience I’ve ever seen. Maybe due to the gig being outdoors and to sunny as the lights and stage show are practically non existent. This show is meant to be played indoors.
I would be extremely disappointed if that was my only chance to see Maiden this tour, the venue looks awful and the stage show looks non existent in broad daylight.

Observations on this video:

Bruce sounds fantastic. He’s definitely singing great on this tour, hope his voice sounds as good as this in London.

Nicko, something does sound slightly off but…..I only notice this because it’s been highlighted and I’m listening out for it. I’m no drummer nor do I play any other instrument so I’m not overly analytical when it comes to playing so if no one had mentioned there was anyone wrong I may not have picked up on it. Now I’ve noticed it it’s hard to un notice it.

The drumming doesn’t detract from the song though, for me anyway.

The rest of the band sound great.

Also, did anyone else notice that Adrian keeps playing the 4th and 5/6th note off key in the CSIT solo? First night in Ljubljana I thought it was an error but every other night the error was also there.

I disagree, if he was not able to do the 2024 leg of the tour there is no way the band suddenly retire, that tour is locked in place and they would see it through 100% with a replacement drummer
I agree if he has to stop during the current tour. I was talking about future tours after this one.

I think Nicko will see out the future past tour. I also don’t think this tour will go past 2024 either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back