The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
A foreshadowing of the 2025 Iron Maiden album, Treasure Island! Featuring Pirate Eddie for the first time! Steve and Adrian do all the backing vocals because Bruce *flips coin to see what body part he’s fucked up now* shattered his tailbone!
I hope this rumor takes off, as variation is nice. I'm tired of The Majesty of Gaia at this point. :p

I hope this rumor takes off, as variation is nice. I'm tired of The Majesty of Gaia at this point. :p
Weeeeelllll there’s plenty more where that came from lol.

Only thing is that Dave and Janick have never written a song together but I could totally see them both writing a song called “Treasure Island” with Steve. Maybe Dave does the melodic intro solo and Janick does the jump section lol.

I am really sad over the drumming, Nicko is very sloppy I think as a side effect of the arthritis. I noticed in many videos, that it actually gets others off the rhythm quite a lot, mostly Bruce, because he seems to start most lines on a kickdrum hit.

I am really sad over the drumming, Nicko is very sloppy I think as a side effect of the arthritis. I noticed in many videos, that it actually gets others off the rhythm quite a lot, mostly Bruce, because he seems to start most lines on a kickdrum hit.
Nicko is barely able to keep up. He also struggles with fills. It's a shame. The gigs have still been excellent despite that. I

Nicko is barely able to keep up. He also struggles with fills. It's a shame. The gigs have still been excellent despite that. I
Yeah, I was at the first Prague gig and the boys were delivering a top notch performance and actually the drums were even off putting at times. It´s a real shame, because he is one of the greatest drummers in rock and metal world, but this is a matter of delivering a professional act to thousands of paying people every night which he is clearly not doing very well. There were actually moments where I was afraid he would totally fuck up the whole song or even collapse. This task is sadly not in his capability anymore. Maiden should really consider to hire a touring drummer.

Yeah, I was at the first Prague gig and the boys were delivering a top notch performance and actually the drums were even off putting at times. It´s a real shame, because he is one of the greatest drummers in rock and metal world, but this is a matter of delivering a professional act to thousands of paying people every night which he is clearly not doing very well. There were actually moments where I was afraid he would totally fuck up the whole song or even collapse. This task is sadly not in his capability anymore. Maiden should really consider to hire a touring drummer.

This is really sad to hear. :(

I was listening to Nights of the Dead the other night in my car, and it's phenomenal how good the drumming is on that album. That tour seems like it was just yesterday. Nicko is my all time favorite drummer and it's borderline distracting at times how the drums sound now.

Edit: Anyone else remember the little video clip of Nicko last year when he said something along the lines of "hopefully i'll see you all again next year?" Some of us thought that he actually meant something by that and others just felt it was a figure of speech and Nicko was fine. With the pace of his decline, I tend to be in the first camp.

I was listening to Nights of the Dead the other night in my car, and it's phenomenal how good the drumming is on that album. That tour seems like it was just yesterday. Nicko is my all time favorite drummer and it's borderline distracting at times how the drums sound now.

Edit: Anyone else remember the little video clip of Nicko last year when he said something along the lines of "hopefully i'll see you all again next year?" Some of us thought that he actually meant something by that and others just felt it was a figure of speech and Nicko was fine. With the pace of his decline, I tend to be in the first camp.
He said... "We'll see you later... Maybe next year."

I think it's simply because Bruce knows that the band is old and a lot can happen in a year. Knowing that Bruce himself suffered from many injuries recently, Nicko's cancer... I think he simply implied that he hopes that they play next year (wherever), but a lot of things can happen.

I think Maiden can still be a 20-30 gigs a year band if they choose the songs wisely (as I said before). But we as fans will need to realise that we might need to travel to see Maiden, because Maiden might not be coming in our close proximity.

I think it's simply because Bruce knows that the band is old and a lot can happen in a year. Knowing that Bruce himself suffered from many injuries recently, Nicko's cancer... I think he simply implied that he hopes that they play next year (wherever), but a lot of things can happen.

I think Maiden can still be a 20-30 gigs a year band if they choose the songs wisely (as I said before). But we as fans will need to realise that we might need to travel to see Maiden, because Maiden might not be coming in our close proximity.
That's not what I'm referring to. It was an interview with Nicko last year, not Bruce. And that's not what was said. Wish I could remember and find the link.

Edit: It might've been one of the drumming interviews/videos he did where he's walking folks through his Senjutsu-Legacy drum kit.

That's not what I'm referring to. It was an interview with Nicko last year, not Bruce. And that's not what was said. Wish I could remember and find the link.

Edit: It might've been one of the drumming interviews/videos he did where he's walking folks through his Senjutsu-Legacy drum kit.
Ah, I thought you were refering to Bruce in Tampere this year.

Nope there was another video where he states God Willing he will be behind the kit next year, most thought nothing of it at the time but clearly it did mean something

I noticed in many videos, that it actually gets others off the rhythm quite a lot, mostly Bruce, because he seems to start most lines on a kickdrum hit.
Isn't it because Bruce still has issues with the monitors? Since last year, actually.
Nicko is barely able to keep up. He also struggles with fills. It's a shame.
Skipping fills and a slower tempo, yes, but barely able to keep up? From what I've heard, he sounds well on most songs.

If Nicko were to step down from live performance, and he has said in interviews a number of times dating back to the mid 2010s that if he can't keep up anymore he would rather bow out gracefully, I must say I don't think it's as simple as 'just get a touring drummer to replace him', Steve seems to love playing with Nicko and has done so for 40 years and as the rhythm section they are the backbone of the band. I want to see Maiden continue for as long as possible but Nicko is a huge part of the band. Frankly, all of them are, it would seem downright bizarre to see anyone else up there on stage at this point.

If Nicko really can’t do a full tour after this one then I think the only way Maiden has a future is if Nicko ends up like Glen Tipton in Priest. Basically he drums on the next (and likely final) album and then he still goes out on tour but doesn’t play a whole show, he just pops up for the encore or a couple of selected tracks during the show.

If this happens I can see that happening for one last tour only as they won’t continue on for years just wheeling out a fragile Nicko just to do a couple of songs to satisfy the part of the audience that must have the classic lineup on stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back