The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost. I had overheard or seen somewhere that AtG was rehearsed before the first show, but at the time it could've been hearsay and thus I didn't really know if they would actually play it.
For Maiden England Charlotte was the very first show and I went to the second show in Atlanta. I couldn't even wait one show and not spoil the setlist for myself, lol. You are stronger willed than me :bigsmile:

For Maiden England Charlotte was the very first show and I went to the second show in Atlanta. I couldn't even wait one show and not spoil the setlist for myself, lol. You are stronger willed than me :bigsmile:

Hang on! If your first show was Charlotte, the second one was surely Wrathchild, wasn’t it??

Almost. I had overheard or seen somewhere that AtG was rehearsed before the first show, but at the time it could've been hearsay and thus I didn't really know if they would actually play it.

That is great! I have only experienced something similar on the GMETID tour. I went to two shows on that tour, one of them being the second gig of the tour. A mate had been to the first one and told me that they had played a new song and that I would not believe which song they were opening the set with, but that was about everything I knew about the show!

Nope there was another video where he states God Willing he will be behind the kit next year, most thought nothing of it at the time but clearly it did mean something
I think we had this discussion in this thread perhaps a couple hundred pages ago, but there's no way the band as a whole on behalf of management or by any individual member is going to publicly hint towards personnel change rumors. It was a comment on his health, not his employment status. ;)

Hang on! If your first show was Charlotte, the second one was surely Wrathchild, wasn’t it??
Hmm, not sure I get what you're saying or if you're pulling my leg, but to un-muddy what I said: For the Maiden England 2012 tour I only went to the second show of the tour in Atlanta (opening night was in Charlotte two nights prior). I couldn't even wait a day and learned the setlist beforehand.

It was the Seventh Son tour in 1988 they postponed the Atlanta show a day and the next day they added Wrathchild as a "we're sorry about last night" Setlist.fm doesn't show it but they indeed played it.

Hmm, not sure I get what you're saying or if you're pulling my leg, but to un-muddy what I said: For the Maiden England 2012 tour I only went to the second show of the tour in Atlanta (opening night was in Charlotte two nights prior). I couldn't even wait a day and learned the setlist beforehand.

It was the Seventh Son tour in 1988 they postponed the Atlanta show a day and the next day they added Wrathchild as a "we're sorry about last night" Setlist.fm doesn't show it but they indeed played it.

I was joking, because Charlotte (the Harlot) got replaced by Wrathchild a couple of gigs after the Early Days tour had started, so the first show in Charlotte in 2012 had to be followed by a show in Wrathchild.

Terribly convoluted joke, I know.

I was joking, because Charlotte (the Harlot) got replaced by Wrathchild a couple of gigs after the Early Days tour had started, so the first show in Charlotte in 2012 had to be followed by a show in Wrathchild.

Terribly convoluted joke, I know.
Ah, yes. Forgot about Charlotte being replaced on the Early Days ;)

Some tour trivia:

- LED screens for the first time.
- debuting a song that has never been played live before.
- for the first time Hallowed, Beast and Hills are omitted on the same tour. The last times Hallowed wasn't played was in 2017 and in 2012-2014, while the last time Beast wasn't played was in 2006.
- for the first time they use 4 Eddies (one big and 3 walk-ons). Also, for the first time we have both big and walk-on Eddie during Iron Maiden.
- for the first time a walk-on Eddie appears during the 2nd song in the set.
- for the first time the big Eddie is with one prominent colour.
- this is only the 2nd album tour (so far) not to feature a Powerslave song since DOD tour in 2003/2004.
- the band play 3 new album songs in a row (Writing-Days-Time) for the 10th time (2022, 2006/2007, 2000/2001, 1995/1996, 1990/1991, 1984 (with Losfer Words), 1983, 1982, 1981 and 1980).
- for the first time they don't use a backdrop with only Eddie (or the album cover) from the new album.
- Fear Of The Dark album cover returns as the backdrop for the song for the first time since 1993.
- Prisoner's backdrop is a real place.
- the ''futuristic world'' backdrop contains the following details: many Japanese insricptions, parts of Pagodas roof, 23:58, Trooper IPA, Ruskin Arms and a neon octopus.
- Days Of Future Past & Time Machine backdrop contains the following details: the date the band was formed, the release date of Senjutsu, the release date of Somewhere In Time, 666, 23-58, the backgrounds from SJ (gatefold artwork) and SIT covers and the tour poster in the middle.
- Hell On Earth is the first new song to be in the encores since Journeyman in 2003/2004.
- Trooper is played in the encores for the 5th time after 2022, 1998, 1995/1996 and 1992/1993.
- Heaven Can Wait was played without fans on stage for the first time ever.
- Wasted Years is used as an encore closer for the 2nd time after TBOS tour.
- There are 4 acoustic guitars on stage (Writing, Time Machine, Celts, Hell On Earth) for Steve, Adrian and Janick. The most for one tour.
- Bruce is not wearing his traditional costume for Trooper for the first time since 2018/2019. Also, no flag on stage for the first time since 1999.
More trivia:

Alexander The Great backdrop - the shields of the warriors and Alexander Eddie have the following Eddies on them: medusa (Alexander Eddie), CIPWM, SIT, SJ, Future Past Eddie, Trooper and ''burning head'' Eddie (probably SSOASS).

Hell On Earth backdrop - it has the inscription from Live After Death cover on the right screen.

Now that footage from a good number of shows is around I think its fair to say Bruce easily sounds the best he has since the 2018 Legacy of the Beast leg, where he was absolutely on fire.

I agree. I am pleasantly surprised and hoping this lasts until the end of the tour.

I wonder if him not moving that much around has something to do with it. He is fairly static on stage during songs in which he would usually be running. If the price to pay for the lack of movement is better singing, I am all for it!

I agree. I am pleasantly surprised and hoping this lasts until the end of the tour.

I wonder if him not moving that much around has something to do with it. He is fairly static on stage during songs in which he would usually be running. If the price to pay for the lack of movement is better singing, I am all for it!
They have moved his monitors to the front of the stage, which probably makes it easier to hear the band. It also means he is standing more in the middle, not moving much, but it fits him well. He is a very captivating storyteller despite running less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back