The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably, when they are planning a tour, there is an e-mail from the office that asks which songs the band members would like to play.

We know Nicko's answer included SIASL, 22 AA and Alexander.

Bruce's answer also probably included SIASL (spoke about it during one man blabber shows).

Adrian's answer also probably included SIASL (spoke about it in interviews)

Steve's answer probably included Alexander as he was pushed by Nicko (according to Nicko).

HCW was planned for LOTB, but was abandoned and it was time for Wasted Years to return.

So, the managment probably looked at that and proposed a hybrid tour after that and the band agreed. This probably happened in early 2022. And it is probably also the reason why they played 3 Senjutsu songs during LOTB to make the room for SIT stuff.
So what you're saying is 'Kevin Shirley in the lounge with a candlestick.'

Stranger Eddie is watching you!! :cool:

View attachment 27529
Don't look him to his eyes....whatever the fuck that means...
Trump invented red hats, you know. Maybe people were wearing them before him, but he invented them.
Actually this is untrue. People wore red hats when America was great. Now it's not. So Trump wants to make it great again, by giving out red hats. True story.

Would love to be there now and seeing 'Arry react now he knows West Ham have won the Europa League! Machine gunning the audience for the rest of the night I guess!

Bet he'll have a sore 'ed tomorrow morning!

Don't look him to his eyes....whatever the fuck that means...

Actually this is untrue. People wore red hats when America was great. Now it's not. So Trump wants to make it great again, by giving out red hats. True story.

Really not true. They actually started wearing them in 1999 when everyone was down with the 'Bizkit, y'all, and Freddy D was supplying the rhymes and getting shit broken.

Love the pyro.

But all in all a bit disappointed in the stage and production. And I get more and more convinced this tour was a last minute decision.
A guy I spoke to pointed out that the drumkit is all Senjutsu, with the exception of the bass drum which has a Future Past Eddie. That and a talk I had with a guy led me to believe that this tour is very quickly put together. The big Eddie is obviously made for a Senjutsu tour, not the Future Past tour. Maiden's original plans would have been very interesting to know.

And I think next year is the last tour for this lineup. I can't see Nicko go on longer. I just can’t. Question is if Joe Lazarus is his successor or not.

I think thay can go on with Nicko for a few more years if they choose the songs wisely.

For example, WOTW, Stranger, Hell On Earth, Icarus and Alexander are such songs that Nicko is still able to play as they were recorded. The set consisting of a large portion of songs like that and Nicko will be able to do it.

But I can't see him drumming a set mainly consisting of songs like CSIT, Aces, TETMD, Wickerman and RTTH after 2024.

So, Steve and Bruce should drop their stubbornes for a moment and consider their drummer is 70+ when picking the setlist, so they can keep performing.

A guy I spoke to pointed out that the drumkit is all Senjutsu, with the exception of the bass drum which has a Future Past Eddie. That and a talk I had with a guy led me to believe that this tour is very quickly put together. The big Eddie is obviously made for a Senjutsu tour, not the Future Past tour. Maiden's original plans would have been very interesting to know.

And I think next year is the last tour for this lineup. I can't see Nicko go on longer. I just can’t. Question is if Joe Lazarus is his successor or not.
The tour has been planned for a year. Those graphics and new LED sets don't come together overnight. Not forgetting the backdrops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back