The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think thay can go on with Nicko for a few more years if they choose the songs wisely.

For example, WOTW, Stranger, Hell On Earth, Icarus and Alexander are such songs that Nicko is still able to play as they were recorded. The set consisting of a large portion of songs like that and Nicko will be able to do it.

But I can't see him drumming a set mainly consisting of songs like CSIT, Aces, TETMD, Wickerman and RTTH after 2024.

So, Steve and Bruce should drop their stubbornes for a moment and consider their drummer is 70+ when picking the setlist, so they can keep performing.
Apart from speed is Futureal an easy drum song?

And I think next year is the last tour for this lineup. I can't see Nicko go on longer. I just can’t. Question is if Joe Lazarus is his successor or not.

I honestly think Maiden's days of proper scale 'world tours' are over. I think they are comfortable just interchanging between Europe and America each year and only playing smaller scale tours each year 30-35 shows over just 3-4 months. This might keep Nicko going for a bit longer, And who knows that number may even get smaller with each year. It certainly doesn't look good for the likes of Australia and Asia tho if they are done with long haul flights for a few shows.
If they are planning something for the 50th in 2025 I can't see Nicko sitting that out

But what we could get for 50th?
15 songs set with hits will be just boring overplay set.

The best will be 2 night shows like Metallica is doing. They could book smaller venues and arenas in the biggest cities for 2 night with different set.

Other option maybe special shows with Blaze and Di'Anno. I dont know there are a lot of options for 50th. We have Di Anno era, classics era, Blaze era and reunion era...what to do with all that great songs :D

If Steve is Iommi he will be already tourin with Di Anno in a band Killers and with Blaze in a band Futureal (!)

I doubt we would get a SIT tour. Nicko did say in 2021 at a Rock N' Roll Ribs party that the 2023 tour would be the Senjutsu tour and also that Steve asked him not to play Alexander with his band Titanium Tart because they would still play it with Maiden. That just points to a Senjutsu tour with ATG and probably SIASL in it too (Nicko and Bruce wanted to do it for a while). They probably figured it would be better to add Senjutsu and Stratego to LOTB 2022 and replace them with more SIT songs, creating a perfect storm. So probably we would have just a Senjutsu tour + ATG, SIASL, some classics and maybe one or other deep cut.
Yup. The Senjutsu in full part was talked about, but it was an unknown as to what lay beyond 2024. Somewhere in Time history tour I don't believe was ever discussed/rumored to be its own thing.
I agree. A Hits tour like LOTB again was more likely. Or with rare songs, as Nicko and Dave had expressed a desire.
They will move on to the next thing. Hopefully another new album tour.
This.
A guy I spoke to pointed out that the drumkit is all Senjutsu, with the exception of the bass drum which has a Future Past Eddie. That and a talk I had with a guy led me to believe that this tour is very quickly put together. The big Eddie is obviously made for a Senjutsu tour, not the Future Past tour.
It's possible (although Maiden are planning for 1/2 years ahead), but I think the big Eddie would have been bigger and not one colour for a SJ tour. Nicko's bass drum artwork last year was Senjutsu Eddie, so this year it's the tour poster. I expected the drum kit to be SJ-themed.
I think thay can go on with Nicko for a few more years if they choose the songs wisely.
100% agree. As long as they play Fear, Trooper, Number and/or Hallowed, the crowd will be happy.
If they are planning something for the 50th in 2025 I can't see Nicko sitting that out
Me too.
But what we could get for 50th?
15 songs set with hits will be just boring overplay set.
Yeah, the best would be either a new album tour or a ''rarely played live songs'' tour.

Wait, when has Dave said anything publicly?
It was an idea Nicko mentioned in an interview not long ago that he discussed with Dave, iirc.
On the new Future Past trailer for the mobile game, they play futureal in the background
A really missed opportunity to play Futureal instead of CIPWM for this tour. Futureal is a short fast song, but it contains a lot of cymbals hits and maybe that's not comfortable for Nicko nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back