The 2011 Tour Thread! (SPOILERS)

Is everything about the tour exactly the way you want it?

• Yes

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • I'm not sure what I want

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
jonnytron said:
Unfortunately missed them on the AMOLAD tour... real pity it wouldve been amazing to see it in its entirity. Im always beating myself up for that, especially because they came to Manchester  :(
Yeah i was at Dublin last year though, my first gig and travelled via 3 trains and a boat there and one less train back, £90 hotel across the road but all worthit to pop my maiden cherry  :lol:  
Is that the Eddie rips up (RDS?) Dublin Tee? wouldve liked to have seen a tshirt for the 2010 one (i saw some but didnt know if they were official or for the fanclub trip or what.
No? It's the one where he is riding the camels. That's too bad you didn't get to go, I would've liked to go but it didn't come to Denver.

Jonszat said:
jonnytron - (I saw you drop that Murray pick ;))
Oh no i was spotted i hoped nobody wouldve seen  :P  i just flung myself at it with hair in my eyes and saw it fall in front of my face, unimpressed i was and i wasnt heading down in that surge of people   ...at least i touched it  -_-
it was gone by the time i looked down sadly. Feeling pretty gutted to say the least but thankfully it wasnt a H pick or i would need to be on the suicide watch list (or my contorted remains would still be on the MEN floor)

Ohhh the dubai shirt?

@Jonszat, making me relive it now  ;)  awh just imagining how much id cherish that thing

Saw my third and last maiden gig of this tour last night in Birmingham. I also went to Ullevi and Manchester. I must say, each show was better than the last.

Ullevi was a fantastic experience in terms of the sheer size of the venue but I was seated and so far away it was difficult to see anything and really appreciate them. At Manchester I was also seated but much closer and right next to the stage (I really appreciated the aerial view where I could see the whole band and even some of what went on behind the stage). I noticed the mosh pits that developed which I feel are out of place at a Maiden gig personally.  :S

Now for Birmingham I was standing on Janick's side with only 2 or 3 rows in front of me and what can I say? It was incredible. There is nothing like looking Steve in the face and singing along with him as he gazes menacingly across the crowd and interacting with Bruce as he negotiates the extreme edges of the stage. And being on Janick's side for me gives the most entertainment value, he is a real showman.  :shred: The downside of course is I did not see much of Dave or Adrian and almost nothing of Nicko until the end.

So in conclusion I have seen maiden 5 times now, 3 of which have been on this tour. Each was a different experience but all enjoyable. I think the setlist is fantastic and was happy with what they played from the new album so no complaints from me!  :edmetal:

mtmccox said:
Are you checking like every few hours if you didn't lose the ticket? I did (check, not lose) :ninja:
For every event I go to I check every few minutes whilst travelling to check my ticket is still safe and undamaged in my wallet even though I know it's fine.

Amazing show in Belfast last night though they didn't play:
The Trooper, probably due to the fact that loyalists hijacked the artwork as a symbol and republicans take it out on the flag. Fuck me I despair sometimes. One less amazing song because people are retarded. Bruce was all over the shop for The Talisman. I don't know where he found the voice for the rest of the show  but he was more or less okay for the rest of it.

Overall it was a fab show but I bet ya they're glad the tour is coming to an end now.

snake plissken said:
Amazing show in Belfast last night though they didn't play:
The Trooper, probably due to the fact that loyalists hijacked the artwork as a symbol and republicans take it out on the flag. Fuck me I despair sometimes. One less amazing song because people are retarded. Bruce was all over the shop for The Talisman. I don't know where he found the voice for the rest of the show  but he was more or less okay for the rest of it.
I have never been sure who used that artwork first before now. It's sad that Maiden feel they can't play 'The Trooper' in Ireland when the Germans are probably happy for 'Tailgunner' and 'Aces High' to be performed, and also Sabaton said last time I saw them that people in Germany actually wanted them to play 'The Final Solution' at their shows. Did they play anything in its place?

They seem to have no issue playing The Trooper in Russia. Of course the song is all about killing some Russians, but in the end the Russians do kill our beloved narrator.

Black Wizard said:
I have never been sure who used that artwork first before now. It's sad that Maiden feel they can't play 'The Trooper' in Ireland when the Germans are probably happy for 'Tailgunner' and 'Aces High' to be performed, and also Sabaton said last time I saw them that people in Germany actually wanted them to play 'The Final Solution' at their shows. Did they play anything in its place?

Looking at the setlist online
they just dropped it ,shame i thought the trooper and wickerman were highlights but thats what happens if your gonna act like children.

Black Wizard said:

Nope they didn't replace it and initially I was a bit miffed at this but then I thought about it and figured, why should they go out of their way to please a few idiots? If people are actually gonna get so bent out of shape over a fucking song that helped make Maiden the band the are then screw them. I am sorry for people who were looking forward to hearing it. I was, my friends were. We're Irish but we have no issue with flags of any colour and we fucking LOVE that song. We also rather like our brethren across the Irish sea and have many friends there. It would've been interesting to see how it would've been received but we'll never know.

sorry didnt  mean to answer your question there
just think its sad everyone there must have seen it on flight 666 what do they do boo the tv.

Feverdog said:
sorry didnt  mean to answer your question there
just think its sad everyone there must have seen it on flight 666 what do they do boo the tv.

I hear ya. They're sad bastards. I bet you if you ask these idiots individually if they like the song they'd say yes but put them in a group together and it's retard city. Fucking clowns!

It's a pity that it's like this.  I think it's a fall out from the reaction it got in Dublin during the DOD tour.

It would be interesting to see t-shirt sales for Belfast.  I'd be fairly confident guessing the best seller.

Back