The 2011 Tour Thread! (SPOILERS)

Is everything about the tour exactly the way you want it?

• Yes

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • I'm not sure what I want

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
Black Wizard said:
The union flag isn't particularly relevant. The crowd were cheering it because it's part of the show. I know that some of the Irish moronically booed him once when he waved the union flag

Be interesting to see how it's received in Belfast. I'll let ya know.

Just got back from the Manchester gig. 1st time seeing them, was about 3 rows from the front, made eye contact with Bruce, Steve and Dave. Might write a more complete review but for now I'll just let you know it was fucking awesome.

I am on the 14th floor of a hotel overlooking Manchester having just returned from the gig and tomorrow morning fly home to Sydney after two weeks in in Scotland, Paris and London.  Sad to be leaving but Maiden was the perfect ending to the trip.

I reviewed the Sydney shows earlier this year and so won't go into much detail except to say the band were a lot tighter tonight than both Sydney shows. The sound was great and all solos could be heard.

Personal highlights this time around, in order, were:
1. When the Wild Wind Blows - totally epic, very heavy at times...Dave's solo a highlight of the night
2. Dance of Death - I almost cried hearing this masterpiece...and it's a song I despised until last year.... all solos were incredible
3. The Evil that Men Do - it totally rocked the house
4. The Talisman - epic live.....it had a different back drop to Sydney
5. The Wickerman(H's solo)/Blood Brothers back to back
Most of these songs made up the middle of the setlist. I really enjoy the set again, and whilst wishing for an AMOLAD track can really only think of dropping Running Free to make space

I went the Manchester gig last night - well, what can I say.....

First of all well done to Airbourne, their opening act was very good and got the crowed pumped for Maiden.

Satellite 15 / final frontier - On the album the Satellite 15 got abit boring, but when its live its totally different; You can feel the the excitement building in the arena. Of course  TFF was a great intro to the show.

The Talisman - What can I say? My favourite song of TFF and was even better live!

Blood Brothers - Bruce made yet another great speech before this song talking about things ranging from the Egyptian uprising to religion. Anyway, this song went down very well, it sent shivers down my spine to hear an arena full chanting "we're blood brothers!".

When the wild wind blows - as someone has already touched on Dave's guitar solo was a real treat. This song has surely got to be a "classic" one day.

Fear of the Dark - My God, about 18,000 people chanting along with the guitar melody is enough to to make everyone's hair stand on end. The highlight of the night for me!

Iron maiden - Of course this song brought the place down, and when the gigantic Eddie slowly rise up behind Nicko the place went mental chanting "Eddie, Eddie, Eddie"

As usual the Encore songs of Hallowed and Number of the Beast rocked the place out. But I was very surprised at Running Free, this song went down a Storm and a great way to end the show.

Oh, and Bruce looks great in a flat cap haha! :shred: 

Dr Sin said:
First of all well done to Airbourne, their opening act was very good and got the crowed pumped for Maiden.
Oh, and Bruce looks great in a flat cap haha! :shred: 
Airbourne actually seemed the right choice of support for once. I harbour no great love or dislike towards their music but they put on a good, energetic show. For once they pleased young and old(er) Maiden fans like which is something that bands like Bullet for my Valentine and Trivium couldn't do (only the fourteen year olds tend to like them). I can get why Maiden take younger bands on tour with them but they could at least take a band that's likely to please everyone which they actually did this time. It's still a shame that other countries get Exodus and Kamelot when the best the UK have had on recent tours is a mediocre junior AC/DC.

And a flat-cap? He'd been wearing a beanie during all of last year's tour and all of this year's.

Black Wizard said:
And a flat-cap? He'd been wearing a beanie during all of last year's tour and all of this year's.

Someone in the audience chucked a Flat cap on stage during Running Free and as it turns out Bruce looks good in them haha.

Last nights show was great, got there early got filmed by IMTV dude. Then got in first bought the UK tshirt and got 1st/2nd row throughout the show.  :rocker:
Was amazing to begin with and Airbourne were actually a great opener just because of their energy and i knew like 3 of their songs.
The first half was great Satellite15 built the suspense before we all went mental, The Talisman was a highlight along with Dance of Death.
Coming home and blood brothers were both beautiful numbers and I lost the high end of my voice before WTWWB but it worked a whole lot better live then i thought it would.
   As people have been saying the second half was a bit samey as last tour so i wouldve liked them to change something up but what do i know im only a mere mortal. Oh and i fumbled a davey pick and lost that somewhere below :ninja: (i wasnt going down for it in that crush XD)  

And bring on Belfast!!! :ok:

Absolutely amazing show last night in Manchester, I loved every second of it and I hope some bugger managed to get a decent recording of it so I can enjoy it all over again :edmetal: :edmetal:

Maybe playing that song a millionkabillionjillion times got to him.

i was there and didnt notice surprisingly  :lol: :edmetal:
it sounds a bit below par in hindsight but didnt detract from the show... either way his voice went further than mine so no faulting brucey  :P

But i must say despite new songs being played this time around  i think i enjoyed the 2010 show a bit better... it was my first maiden show which may have something to do with it, just this show didnt feel as strong plus being in manchester rather than dublin and being predominantly 15year olds for some reason there was less singsong and general pack mentality leading up to and during the show.
     something about the mood of the fans in general didnt reflect that maiden was on the stage and that let me down a bit, it all just seemed too casual  :S

apparently some fools people started some circle pits  :uhm: sorry if anyone here was involved but some elements of the show stand out as cheapening it for me (call me fussy). Maiden isnt the place for wasting playing time running around in circles doing the kind of behaviour exhibited infront of bullet for my valentine and the likes...  -_- breathing

Other than that it was great and maiden put an another brilliant show, thumbs up to them but down to the crowd compared to dublin 2010

Ya, when I saw Maiden here in Minnesota in 2000, Bruce really bitched out some people for trying to start a pit. 99% of the audience cheered him on! It was great!

yeah i saw a clip of bruce thrashing them about it  :lol: was funny, in dublin last year they tried it but the rest of us ended it pretty soon...
just a sign of changing times and audience that this time there were two large simultaneous ones (as reported by my seated friend)  :( is the sanctity of maiden being taken?

In a positive note still got hopes of being on IMTV or maybe dvd interviews  :wub: can only hope the guy with the camera didnt buy that VIP card on ebay  :lol:

Oh you went to Dublin? Did you see them in 06? I have the T-shirt from that show. :D

Unfortunately missed them on the AMOLAD tour... real pity it wouldve been amazing to see it in its entirity. Im always beating myself up for that, especially because they came to Manchester  :(
Yeah i was at Dublin last year though, my first gig and travelled via 3 trains and a boat there and one less train back, £90 hotel across the road but all worthit to pop my maiden cherry  :lol:  
Is that the Eddie rips up (RDS?) Dublin Tee? wouldve liked to have seen a tshirt for the 2010 one (i saw some but didnt know if they were official or for the fanclub trip or what.

jonnytron - I was in the middle about 6 rows back (I saw you drop that Murray pick ;)) and there was some crazy pushing going on around me. I wouldn't call it a mosh pit as it wasn't really organised but it was a bit of a downer on the show at the time. Fortunately I got pushed so far forward I ended up about 3 rows back and missed out on the pushing for most of the rest of the gig so I can't complain.

Back