The 2011 Tour Thread! (SPOILERS)

Is everything about the tour exactly the way you want it?

• Yes

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • I'm not sure what I want

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters

Mosh

PM me your Nightwish album rankings!
Staff member
Tour starts in 11 days so here is a thread for said tour.
As I had previously posted in the 100K thread, Jeffmetal posted about an interview with Bruce where he said that the following new songs would be played:
Final Frontier
El Dorado
Coming Home
The Talisman
When The Wild Wind Blows

MOSCOW SETLIST:
Satellite 15...The Final Frontier
El Dorado
Two Minutes to Midnight
Coming Home
Dance of Death
The Trooper
The Wicker Man
Blood Brothers
When The Wild Wind Blows
The Evil That Men Do
The Talisman
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
-------------------------
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free

My least favorite song is being performed. Half of this set is made up of my least favorite songs.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
My most favorite song is being performed. Too bad they're not doing more of a USA tour! :(

They are not playing my favorite
Isle of Avalon
, also wish they would play more US shows for this tour, I know they were just here, but that was pre-album release.  Going to try to make it to Florida for one of the 2 shows, but due to my schedule, that is looking iffy.

bearfan said:
They are not playing my favorite
Isle of Avalon
, also wish they would play more US shows for this tour, I know they were just here, but that was pre-album release.  Going to try to make it to Florida for one of the 2 shows, but due to my schedule, that is looking iffy.
my fave too. I'm quite happy with the U.S leg.Based on the setlist info So far if I had to choose between seeing them in 2010 or 2011 I would pick the latter.

I'd be happy if they played these from the new album.
Question is, will they keep focusing on their recent albums?

they said that they would add one or two more classics. So I would say Yes.

The Knife Master said:
Tour starts in 11 days so here is a thread for said tour.
As I had previously posted in the 100K thread, Jeffmetal posted about an interview with Bruce where he said that the following new songs would be played:
Final Frontier
El Dorado
Coming Home
The Talisman
When The Wild Wind Blows

I think that is a good number of new songs to play.  But I won't be seeing them anyway, so it does not really matter to me which of them they play.  Enjoy to all of those lucky enough to see them.  :ok:

The Knife Master said:
my fave too. I'm quite happy with the U.S leg.Based on the setlist info So far if I had to choose between seeing them in 2010 or 2011 I would pick the latter.

I am a bit torn, I had already seen the 2010 song live before the last tour ... I  guess I am greedy and would prefer both.  From a previous interview it seems like a catalog tour is up next after this, so it may be a while (if ever) when TFF songs are played in the US (beyond the 2 Florida dates and El Dorado which was played on the 2010 tour).

I think after the Maiden England Tour they should just ditch the History tour thing.

If they do a Maiden England tour which is doubtful since they already covered much of 7th Son on SBIT. I'm predicting either a tour covering the 90's or no more history tours.

Maiden could definitely put together a great tour out of 90s material. There is certainly 12-14 songs they could draw on. It's been done in another thread of course, but think about it. Be Quick or Be Dead would be a great opener, followed by Lord of the Flies and Bring Your Daughter. Wrathchild, Sign of the Cross, Futureal, Afraid To Shoot Strangers. Then The Trooper, The Clansman, Edge of Darkness, Fear of the Dark, Iron Maiden, with Hallowed, 2 Minutes, and Sanctuary to close. I would love to see that set.

I'd love to hear some Blaze songs that Bruce hasn't sung on yet. Blood On The World's Hands and Lightning Strikes Twice would be a dream come true!

LooseCannon said:
Maiden could definitely put together a great tour out of 90s material. There is certainly 12-14 songs they could draw on. It's been done in another thread of course, but think about it. Be Quick or Be Dead would be a great opener, followed by Lord of the Flies and Bring Your Daughter. Wrathchild, Sign of the Cross, Futureal, Afraid To Shoot Strangers. Then The Trooper, The Clansman, Edge of Darkness, Fear of the Dark, Iron Maiden, with Hallowed, 2 Minutes, and Sanctuary to close. I would love to see that set.
I'd love to see a 90's tour, but I just don't think it will ever happen.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Blood On The World's Hands and Lightning Strikes Twice would be a dream come true!

Lightning Strikes Twice has a difficult chorus to do live, but you just mentioned some of my favourite Blaze era songs.
:shred:

^ not necessarily. I wouldn't take Bruce's pretour comments for granted. Besides, he isn't the only one that's being asked. Besides, the 50-minute prog-masterpiece side-B of the record gets only one tune in setlist? I hope not.

Lightning Strikes Twice has a difficult chorus to do live, but you just mentioned some of my favourite Blaze era songs.

That song is the pure example of VXI's production flaws. Live - it's comparable with any 80's song!

Great setlist, I wish they got rid of
El Dorado for Mother of mercy
though.

Murder89 said:
I'd be happy if they played these from the new album.
Question is, will they keep focusing on their recent albums?

I think they'll add more classics and ditch some of the newer ones. They play in Singapore, Columbia, Indonesia, Korea, places they haven't been, so they'll rely heavily on the classics for the fans there I think.

Back