Sixth Powerslave Song Played Live?

Luisma, can we agree that you've really been doing enough to plug your book lately? This forum isn't free ad space, you know. You already have two threads running for it.
Just to say, this may be a more personal comment to me as I bought the book earlier today and expressed an interest in gettin the other one soon. No wish to interfere with admin capers, just fleshing out this particular picture

Better lookin too, honey.

They've done it a few times that I recall off the top of my face. 88, Charlotte and the Harlots, 92 Nodding Donkeys then 98, can't remember the name. Angel and the Gamblers? It will be on The Internet. I've no recollection of a reunion era one.
Ever since 81 Maiden has played secret gigs under different monikers: Genghis Khan (81), Dental Floss Salesman (82), 999 and the inverted morons (83), Live Tonight! Maiden Men (85), Space Heads (86), Charlotte And The Harlots (88), Ron Maiden and the Dixie Chickens (90), Nodding Donkeys (92), The Angels and the Gamblers (98)... For what I know for now, last time they did a secret gig was 1998

Not with that attitude!
That's the whole thing most people don't understand. I have rewarded some people that have shown special kindness or some how set an example for other fans of Maiden. It is also how I have been rewarded with certain things... But some people just seem to think they're entitled to certain things and therefore, basically throw themselves outside certain circles...

I can even pay some money to hear that stuff. As a Finnish guy im interested if the Finland show was a good performance?
Unfortunately that's not always how it works. In my case I have personally waited for years (in some case more than 20!) to hear certain stuff and under strict rules. I have even heard uncirculated stuff practially no one knows about with the only intention of deepining my research (if you ever buy my first book, Eddie Made Me Do It, you will see what I'm talking about). Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that it always pays to be kind and patience...

As for that first Finland performance you hace to consider this. Maiden was still an upcoming band full of fire and playing for the first time ever in a new territory always brought the best in them, however, there were several shortcomings that day and Paul as well as Steve were in a very bad mood by the middle of the gig. Steve's rig kept cutting in and out but they prevail... Is an historical event and the recording I heard is really good so all in all I would say it was a good performance.

Btw @Luisma while searching for Polish bootlegs I found Run to the Hills and Hallowed soundboard and I really can't pinpoint what show they are from. Wanna send them for a listen?

Run To The Hills is from the Sportscsarnok Parkolo (Parking Lot), Budapest, Hungary, August 17, 1984

Hallowed Be Thy Name I haven't been able to pinpoint. Supposedly it was recorded at Katowice, Sportshall Makoszowy, Poland, August 14, 1984 but I have my serious doubts

Run To The Hills is from the Sportscsarnok Parkolo (Parking Lot), Budapest, Hungary, August 17, 1984

Hallowed Be Thy Name I haven't been able to pinpoint. Supposedly it was recorded at Katowice, Sportshall Makoszowy, Poland, August 14, 1984 but I have my serious doubts
The recordings I have are not from the iron curtain

Hi guys, I just spotted that my video and some setlist.fm & discogs entries made a lot of hype, so I decided to register here and tell you all the story. Of course, it still word vs word, but I really don't care if somebody believes me or not. Anyway I'm glad that you have some fun on this thread and it gained a lot of interest.

So the story so far...
I'm working for Polish Radio and one beautiful day my colleague, who is way older than me, knowing me as a Maiden fan, said: hey, did you had opportunity to dig into our archives to search Maiden related stuff? I'm sure that there should be some our self-recordings from the Maiden shows which we've attended as a journalists back in the day... So I decided to dig and indeed, I found this reel-to-reel tape. After launching it on the old r2r tape player I was surprised about what I just have discovered!

So the tape is a double reel-to-reel tape, as you may saw on discogs. On the first tape there is a 3 songs: "The Number Of The Beast", "Hallowed Be Thy Name" and "22 Acacia Avenue". The second tape is a shorter one and has only one song, "Run To The Hills". Both of the tapes seems to be something like an edit for the concert radio report purpose - for example, the beginning is a crowd screaming "Iron Maiden, Iron Maiden" and after that, we have a cutted Bruce introduction for "Iron Maiden" song, 1:1 as in the "Live After Death" album - in this ocassion, used as an introduction to full tape. Of course the edits are quite unprofessional, cuts are hearable. My colleague said that he probably have somewhere the uncutted mother tapes, but he's not able to find it for now. Let's say that he is now around 80 years old and have a tons of r2r tapes with interviews and shows in his house. Anyway he said that for sure it's not a full recording of the show, as the conditions in Poland in 1984 were far from ideal. Huge r2r recorders, limited lenght of the available tapes, doesn't allow people to record almost 2 hours of the show. So he had to decide which songs should be recorded and which he can skip. Regarding that in early 80's in Poland there were not easy access to records, people and fans knew just a few titles, and "The Number Of The Beasts", distributed on r2r and cassetes was the most popular one, beside the "Killers" album. So, that's probably why, the 4 songs are a represent of this album, and the "Back In The Village" is cutted off. It could be cutted off by radio edit, but could by cutted off by pushing the STOP on the recorded, as the songs from "Powerslave" were pretty unknown on that time, almost for everyone. So, taking it simply, he just decided to record the songs which he knew the best.

Some of you pointed that the recording is a little bit too fast, and that's right. I digitalized it by a professional radio studio tools, but decided to save an original tape sound, without any edits. I believe that songs were played lil' bit slower, but the speed of the recordings had influence on how we are hearing it nowadays.

Why I just don't upload the full recording on YouTube? Hmmm, I will answer by the answer: why most of collectors don't upload their holy grails to the YouTube? Also, to be honest with you, as a longtime Maiden fan, I just have a lot of respect to the every single Maiden note and simply I just don't think that the YouTube is the best place where that kind of a find should end. Hopefully you understand.
Here I am attaching another video, where I'm just listening to this tape on radio r2r player. It's a Bruce's introduction and the beginning of "22 Acacia Avenue".

PS. Even if I understand your doubts, I think it's really easy to find out that it isn't fake. Just listen to some other bootlegs from early stage of "World Slavery Tour" - the sound of guitars and especially Bruce's voice is one of a kind. Personally I don't know any of the cover bands who can do it in that way. Ok guys, have fun! If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I will try to get back here regularry. Cheers to all of you!

Back