Sixth Powerslave Song Played Live?

Yeah, I'm just taking the piss. Many people are absoutely insane about the early bootlegs, which is the era of the band that interests me the least, because of Di'Anno, because the stylistic approach and the overal simplicity and closeness to hard rock ... but blokes are realy serious about that, so I'm trying to respect them as much as I can, even though I don't get it at all.

It's just that BITV is honestly the absolutely weakest track on Powerslave and I found the lengthiness of the debate exceeding the time taken to write it and/or to decide whether to play it live, so there. :D

It's nothing to do with the quality of the song, it's interesting to have information about a song that was played live but not immortalized in a bootleg. If you're interested in Maiden's history, it's a relevant topic. If we had reason to think Maiden played The Apparition live, I would be equally invested in learning about that. To that end, there are enough gaps early on in the Fear of the Dark tour that I wouldn't be surprised if there was a similar occurrence then as well. I find it hard to believe that they just put out a pretty commercially successful album, had a giant tour lined up, and decided to play the lowest percentage of any new album so far. But that's a different mystery I suppose.

#nerds

Plus, if it was played then it would be one of the few songs that Maiden ever played live that we haven't heard. I'd rather hear Highway Child In Time but this still interests me.
You mean Highway Road In Time right? Trust me, it ain't that exciting. Is just a bluesy song they played briefly in 1977

To that end, there are enough gaps early on in the Fear of the Dark tour that I wouldn't be surprised if there was a similar occurrence then as well.
Gaps? Whos in the what now?
I thought it was a very well documented tour all round. Interesting.

If a 6th song materialises I cross my finger that its Judas (the song) and not The Apparition.

#TeamJudas(the song)

You mean Highway Road In Time right? Trust me, it ain't that exciting. Is just a bluesy song they played briefly in 1977
I do indeed, it's always stuck in my head as Child since I ever heard of it.

I assume its not that exciting because it disappeared but its always intrigued me to hear them do something like that, to hear them finding their feet and choosing a direction. The fact that it disappeared makes it a little more interesting to me, in fact.

I may be looking at outdated info, but there was a secret English show at the start of the Fear of the Dark tour as well as their first appearance in Iceland. Other secret shows, such as the one that kicked off Virtual XI, often had some bonus goodies, so unless there is a bootleg or documented setlist out there I wouldn't be surprised if there was some material that didn't make it to the rest of the tour. Probably nothing weird about the Iceland show, but once again we have the first two shows without bootlegs and Maiden clearly have a history of dropping songs after a couple shows.

I may be looking at outdated info, but there was a secret English show at the start of the Fear of the Dark tour as well as their first appearance in Iceland. Other secret shows, such as the one that kicked off Virtual XI, often had some bonus goodies, so unless there is a bootleg or documented setlist out there I wouldn't be surprised if there was some material that didn't make it to the rest of the tour. Probably nothing weird about the Iceland show, but once again we have the first two shows without bootlegs and Maiden clearly have a history of dropping songs after a couple shows.
Those shows are on Setlist fm though. I know its not 100% but is there reason to doubt it this time? Maybe I've answered my own question.

But I'm pretty sure Kerrang! covered the 1992 warm up show, I think I remember reading it at the time. Not that 9yr old me remembers the article in depth but just that it makes me trust Setlist fm more if the gig was covered by a major magazine.

Any old K! readers recall this?

Someone in the comments for the Setlist.FM show claims to have a setlist from the stage, I would take that as gospel. Obviously anyone can go in and say that, but I don't have much reason to disbelieve it. I never really looked into it, was just more of a "what if" kind of thing.

You lot are more educated than I am - I think I have heard/read about a show by Maiden about the time of the reunion when they performed under a different name in some club, doing possibly mostly covers of other bands... ? Do I remember it correctly or is it some kind of urban legend/misremembering?

I do indeed, it's always stuck in my head as Child since I ever heard of it.

I assume its not that exciting because it disappeared but its always intrigued me to hear them do something like that, to hear them finding their feet and choosing a direction. The fact that it disappeared makes it a little more interesting to me, in fact.
Well you're going to catch glimpses about how they sounded once you buy the Eddie Made Me Do It. Between 1976-1978 Maiden sounded very different to what they ended up sounding in 1979. Some songs sounded progressive, some song sounded like a bit of reggae, some song were more blusier and then some songs almost didn't change at all! Prowler is the perfect example of the latter!

Now, the reason why it disappeared is because it didn't actually fit anywhere in the setlist... It was like kind of an experiment

You lot are more educated than I am -
Better lookin too, honey.

They've done it a few times that I recall off the top of my face. 88, Charlotte and the Harlots, 92 Nodding Donkeys then 98, can't remember the name. Angel and the Gamblers? It will be on The Internet. I've no recollection of a reunion era one.

Yes, there don't seem to be any recordings from the Nodding Donkeys secret gig nor the tour opening in Iceland.
A video from the Nodding Donkeys (or other warm up show) would be delish. I've seen pics, no stage to speak of, band on the floor, fans up in their grill. That would be a fun watch, fo sho.

Those shows are on Setlist fm though. I know its not 100% but is there reason to doubt it this time? Maybe I've answered my own question.

But I'm pretty sure Kerrang! covered the 1992 warm up show, I think I remember reading it at the time. Not that 9yr old me remembers the article in depth but just that it makes me trust Setlist fm more if the gig was covered by a major magazine.

Any old K! readers recall this?
It was covered by Kerrang and some newspapers. The setlist to that show (where Maiden played under the moniker of The Nodding Donkeys) was:

Be Quick Or Be Dead​
The Number Of The Beast​
Sanctuay​
From Here To Eternity​
Wasting Love
Tailgunner​
The Evil That Men Do​
Afraid To Shoot Strangers​
Fear Of The Dark​
The Clairvoyant​
Heaven Can Wait​
Run To The Hills​