Sixth Powerslave Song Played Live?

could it be AI generated?
Could be. However, I have given some thought about it and what could happen is the following. The Untochables (Adrian's band in 1993) did play 'Back In The Village' live. Maybe Bruce (it wouldn't be weird) once got on stage with them and played the song... Of course, even if this was the case it would be extremely stupid to not release the song as played by the Untochables as there's isn't many gig from the band

Carl Peplow is a very serious bootleg collector and therefore has an amazing amount of bootlegs. Just to give you an idea of his collection, I can tell you he has all four nights of the shows Maiden played in Long Beach Arena in 1985, the soundboard edition of Donington 88, and even some special shows of 1986.

Anyway, here's his copy of the show Maiden played in Wroclaw in 1984 which, as you can see, doesn't have 'Back In The Village' in the setlist, once again, confirming what everyone I inteviewed for part 2 of Eddie Made Me Do It... So, once again I say, the tape doing the rounds is fake!

View attachment 28298
I don't really see how this proves anything at all. Back in the village is rumored to have been played in the first two nights which were Warsaw and Lodz. If this bootleg is truly from Warsaw then send it here so we can hear it.

I don't really see how this proves anything at all. Back in the village is rumored to have been played in the first two nights which were Warsaw and Lodz. If this bootleg is truly from Warsaw then send it here so we can hear it.
Once again, I have gathered 4 different sources (2 even were in the rehearsals) state that the song was not played. Adrian, who I interviewed for my book, was also clear that the song was rehearsed and not played. Here I present an entire bootleg of a very respected collector that doesn't include the song. But if people still want to believe the song was played... That's fine with me.

About Lodz, once again I can tell you that the song wasn't played. I interviewed a fan called Andrzej Zieliński (who went to the concert) and who happened to keep a diary at the time. Now if you wonder how do certain people get credibility and actually make it into my book, is because they say very specific things about some events, in this case, the concert in Łódź.

Now, I'm very sorry Samanta but the bootleg collector circle doesn't work like that (meaning I can't just send a bootleg to someone who just asks for it). It took me many years to get the trust of many people in order to make my research as serious as it can be. This is how I have listened to Maiden's first concert in Finland, collected some Pre-1979 bootlegs, and people know that when I say something I have things to back it up. In any case, you can conctact Peplow over FB and ask him about the bootleg and if he's kind enough to let you have it.

Carl Peplow is a very serious bootleg collector and therefore has an amazing amount of bootlegs. Just to give you an idea of his collection, I can tell you he has all four nights of the shows Maiden played in Long Beach Arena in 1985, the soundboard edition of Donington 88, and even some special shows of 1986.

Anyway, here's his copy of the show Maiden played in Wroclaw in 1984 which, as you can see, doesn't have 'Back In The Village' in the setlist, once again, confirming what everyone I inteviewed for part 2 of Eddie Made Me Do It... So, once again I say, the tape doing the rounds is fake!

View attachment 28298
Back in the day I was a huge bootleg collector (lets say I was totally addicted between 2003 and 2014) and during that time I used to look to have at least a recording from each and every gig available. I had the chance to meet and be in contact with a lot of traders and among these there was one that was (and still is even if he is not into it as much as he used to be) by far the biggest collector I ever met, a guy from Portugal called Victor. And believe me, this guy has probably 99.9% (if not 100%!!) of each and every bootleg available (as you may see on his website here: https://seaofmadness.weebly.com/audio-lossless-list.html). And you may see here as well that from the World Slavery Tour, the first bootleg available is the one from Poznan, there is not one before. Back in the day there was also another bootleg collector that made a great website where he listed each and every date Maiden played (with proofs) and with the list of recordings if available (its name Darthrya but I can't find his website anymore) and once again, nothing before Poznan. So for now as I stated in my previous post, there might be a bootleg from the first of the first two nights and the audio we're talking here might be from one of these...so until there is one big proof that this is a fake, I still stand by the fact that this might be true and for sure I won't claim its fake at 100% as you affirm it..no evident proof and the fact that 5 people say the opposite, it simply isn't a "sacred" proof...

Back in the day I was a huge bootleg collector (lets say I was totally addicted between 2003 and 2014) and during that time I used to look to have at least a recording from each and every gig available. I had the chance to meet and be in contact with a lot of traders and among these there was one that was (and still is even if he is not into it as much as he used to be) by far the biggest collector I ever met, a guy from Portugal called Victor. And believe me, this guy has probably 99.9% (if not 100%!!) of each and every bootleg available (as you may see on his website here: https://seaofmadness.weebly.com/audio-lossless-list.html). And you may see here as well that from the World Slavery Tour, the first bootleg available is the one from Poznan, there is not one before. Back in the day there was also another bootleg collector that made a great website where he listed each and every date Maiden played (with proofs) and with the list of recordings if available (its name Darthrya but I can't find his website anymore) and once again, nothing before Poznan. So for now as I stated in my previous post, there might be a bootleg from the first of the first two nights and the audio we're talking here might be from one of these...so until there is one big proof that this is a fake, I still stand by the fact that this might be true and for sure I won't claim its fake at 100% as you affirm it..no evident proof and the fact that 5 people say the opposite, it simply isn't a "sacred" proof...
Darthrya! His real name is Ryan Lamar, and he was a very big influence on my work. I basically used his method to prove the existence of every gig I list in my book. Ryan is an incredible person and he sent me an email (after he bought my book) and said that I was keeping the torch aflame (VERY BIG COMPLIMENT from him!). The guy Victor is Vitor Mendes, who has also helped me with some stuff. I tried to get Vitor the uncirculated Finland concert but in the end the person who recorded the show didn't want to release he his bootleg. Speaking of bootlegs I started collecting them around 1990 and have digitilised most of them, so I'm currently sitting around the 800+ the reason why I can also give specific details about certain things that happened at certain concerts...

Also speaking of collectors, here's what Stevehunter (John Miles) wrote about the "Bootleg containing BITV"

"I have a number of the early shows from 1984 and Back In The Village is not on any of them.
The link of Youtube seems “constructed” and why not more of the song.
It sounds really fake, the back in the village sounds spliced and fake."

Talking about my "addiction" to bootlegs, I almost reached around 2000 bootlegs so I can assure you that I know a lot about it, about each gig recorded, about a lot of unreleased recordings and other similar stuff. I remember Stevehunter as well, great guy and done some great recordings during the early 00's (his - unfortunately - incomplete recording of the Hammersmith gig for Clive, was a great one).
But now just back to memories and with all due respect to your work and your research there is one thing we can all be sure and its the fact that memory is not always the best proof we may have, no matter if it comes from 1, 2, 5 or more people. A quick example, a few days ago I answer to the post about how many songs we witnessed Maiden play live. My first gig was on the 5th of december 1995, so not 40 years ago, still I had some trouble with a few tours, to remember all the songs that were played and had to check online to make sure I was correct. A more specific example, very first night of the Virtual XI tour, the only night Fortunes of war was played before being dropped and not to be played ever again. Do you think if you ask Steve, Dave, Janick, Nicko and Blaze about it, they will all remember it and confirm it was played? Same goes for people that were at that gig? Will they all remember it? Will Maiden members remember they played Murders in the rue morgue a few times during that tour? Not sure either. So my point here is and always will stay the same: I won't say until the real proof appears that this few seconds are pure fake. For sure, we can't be 100% sure it's real...but we can't be 100% the other way around, so why be so affirmative about it?

circle doesn't work like that (meaning I can't just send a bootleg to someone who just asks for it)
Pre-1979 bootlegs
Yeah, that's why I never asked and never will, even though these are the only bootlegs I'm really interested in.
And not because of their rarity, just because of a glimpse into a period of the band's history I'm, again, really interested in, while a lot of fans don't seem to give a flying fuck about it.
Well I might get a chance to hear stuff from back then some day, you never know; after all, what were the chances of Alex live until recently?

Also @Luisma a screenshot won't prove anything, I need to listen to the whole bootleg. I tried to find the dude on facebook and all I saw was racist,sexist and homophobic crap.

I never understood why people hoard stuff like bootlegs instead of making an effort to create a public library for preservation's shake
Well, first of all its something personal, so there is no "rule" if I may say it this way that says if you record something you have to share it with everyone. Secondly, if nowadays it's really easy to record a show thanks to our Iphones, back in the day, just to get into the venue with your recording devices was not easy at all. So if you managed to do it and then record the show, maybe you didn't want to share it with everyone specially when back in the early 00's, there was the MP3 problem and tapers didn't like the fact that all of their work turned into low quality Mp3.

Talking about my "addiction" to bootlegs, I almost reached around 2000 bootlegs so I can assure you that I know a lot about it, about each gig recorded, about a lot of unreleased recordings and other similar stuff. I remember Stevehunter as well, great guy and done some great recordings during the early 00's (his - unfortunately - incomplete recording of the Hammersmith gig for Clive, was a great one).
But now just back to memories and with all due respect to your work and your research there is one thing we can all be sure and its the fact that memory is not always the best proof we may have, no matter if it comes from 1, 2, 5 or more people. A quick example, a few days ago I answer to the post about how many songs we witnessed Maiden play live. My first gig was on the 5th of december 1995, so not 40 years ago, still I had some trouble with a few tours, to remember all the songs that were played and had to check online to make sure I was correct. A more specific example, very first night of the Virtual XI tour, the only night Fortunes of war was played before being dropped and not to be played ever again. Do you think if you ask Steve, Dave, Janick, Nicko and Blaze about it, they will all remember it and confirm it was played? Same goes for people that were at that gig? Will they all remember it? Will Maiden members remember they played Murders in the rue morgue a few times during that tour? Not sure either. So my point here is and always will stay the same: I won't say until the real proof appears that this few seconds are pure fake. For sure, we can't be 100% sure it's real...but we can't be 100% the other way around, so why be so affirmative about it?

Someone asked for the complete set of British Lion at Hellfest on the official forum, and I couldn't remember it in it's entirety or whether some songs were definitely played or not, and that was only 2 weeks ago!

So basically, we're stumped on this now until new evidence appears. We can either choose to think the recording is real or choose to believe Luisma.

C
I agree with you, the only thing that really makes a difference here is that the Polish reporter and one of the two fans kept notes/diary so is not memory they're using (well not entirely) is what they wrote while the events in their heads weren't altered by the passing of time. As I said, that's exactly what Ryan Lamar used to confirm certain events (diary/notes). In any case, I'm searching for a Polish review to end all this speculation... I already have reviews from the Budapest show (not easy to find) but since people said it was played in the previous shows it won't help.

Yeah, that's why I never asked and never will, even though these are the only bootlegs I'm really interested in.
And not because of their rarity, just because of a glimpse into a period of the band's history I'm, again, really interested in, while a lot of fans don't seem to give a flying fuck about it.
Well I might get a chance to hear stuff from back then some day, you never know; after all, what were the chances of Alex live until recently?
If we ever meet in person, I will let you hear some stuff I have... That's how I found out about a lot of things in the past, before gaining enough trust from people to actually have the stuff, and that's what I can do for others.

I never understood why people hoard stuff like bootlegs instead of making an effort to create a public library for preservation's shake
Even today I do not completely understand it either but what I can tell you is:

1. Some people made loads of efforts to get certain thing. Sometimes in order to get it, you had to promise another person you wouldn't share it, sometimes it was given in private, sometimes you had to do so much that you know that if you liberate it into the world people aren't going to appreciate it as much as you do because they did nothing to get it.

2. Some people "secretly" want to make gains (money) from it eventually. If it doesn't work for them, they simply won't release it no matter what.

3. With the Wilcock filing, things got much worse as Barry McKay wanted to involved some fans in order to hurt Maiden (Steve). And guess what happened? Loyalty to Maiden came first. So some of the fans that have early days stuff will now be VERY careful to what they say-release (if anything) about their recordings from the early days.

4. The fear of somehow losing something precious and getting involved in some sort of troubles with the Maiden dept.

Back