Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

At the moment I can't decide between ordering the vinyl or getting one of the glorious collectable figures they put out recently. The detail on these is just unbelievable. Never have the "ADULT COLLECTIBE - NOT A TOY. AGES 14+" tag been more appropiate. I have a clear favourite - what's yours?

KZv9iBC.jpg
Oh my, that's intense. The fierceness in the eyes of that devil is almost too much for me. Notice the detailed and complex color shades throughout the piece and how great effort was directed at interesting color transitions and subtle variations in shade going from tip to toe, hand to opposite.

Also note the carefully constructed facial expression and how they have managed to absolutely not at all make him look downright jolly, cheerful and ecstatic. On the contrary, they very much nailed the hysterical and evil laughter of the original art. :innocent:

Seriously now, that is laughable and I have spent the last few minutes laughing audibly at how shitty that looks. :wtf:

Yeah it had a 1986 era battery, that ran out even before CSiT end. Also they had to use leather so they can stich in all the lighting tubes and shit.
We're a bit modern today, you can use light batteries, LEDs and something lighter than real leather.
Good point. Still, as someone remarked earlier, it seems Bruce has not impersonated Eddie on stage yet. But who knows ? ;)

Back when they toured Somewhere in Time, Bruce wore the cyborg costume for the opening song only and complained that it was too heavy, although he was 28-29 years old then. I guess he won't put on an elaborate costume now.
It must have been heavy and didn't it become really warm to wear.
There's some good backstage footage of Bruce testing the jacket a bit, I got this on Gothenburg-bootleg:
Scroll to 5:38 and onwards to see it.

I am intrigued by the special box, i’ll make my decision when I see what is in it

I recently started getting albums in vinyl so this will be my first Maiden vinyl also :)

I’ll be streaming most of the time but it would be a cool experience to have my first impressions on a vinyl release

I, for one, know where I'll be next year (if Covid stops playing around like an insane Bulldog on the lose)! :shred:

Line-up not complete; also includes Metallica, Kiss, D-A-D, among others!
Poster.JPG

Oh my, that's intense. The fierceness in the eyes of that devil is almost too much for me. Notice the detailed and complex color shades throughout the piece and how great effort was directed at interesting color transitions and subtle variations in shade going from tip to toe, hand to opposite.

Also note the carefully constructed facial expression and how they have managed to absolutely not at all make him look downright jolly, cheerful and ecstatic. On the contrary, they very much nailed the hysterical and evil laughter of the original art. :innocent:

Seriously now, that is laughable and I have spent the last few minutes laughing audibly at how shitty that looks. :wtf:
Well, that's kind of the point of the ReAction figures. They're supposed to be poorly detailed for the sake of nostalgia--basically different brands, etc. done in the style of the old Kenner Star Wars figures.

I have most of the figures Maiden has put out, but these ReAction ones are an easy pass, especially priced at $15-$18 each.

Back