Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

View attachment 15957
There is something about the look on their faces, specialy Steve, he's got this look on his face like; If you liked our previous albums, you're in for it now bitches.
Steve got that look and feeling like: "Some dared to question me but hey, there's 4 epics on this one for you! I still got it and never lost it!".
To be honest, I will be most likely shitting my pants (or near like that) once I hear the 4 epics. Like I said, I have to get some extra good pants for the first listening session.

Tell that to my Japanese History 250 paper in which I decried it a "masterpiece only of American self-importance and appropriation".

Even that's giving it too much credit. It's just one in a long line of "white guy learns ways of ancient culture in two days then singlehandedly saves it from eradication which they wouldn't have been able to do on their own" films.

Looking at the tracklist, i am wondering why Maiden did not choose to release Days of future past or Stratego? Any ideas?
Change of the pattern this time - they decided the first song will not be a fast short rocker (like for AMOLAD album). Dunno, maybe they didn't want to reveal the short rockers yet (because there are only 2 in the album). For example, TBOS album has 4 short rockers.
- Senjutsu will be the reunion album with the least short songs.

There is still time for another single... in August. Probably one of the 2 short songs.

So have to you already prepared and decided what version(s) you're going to order?
Im gonna wait for the prices tomorrow and then see about this thing. Deluxe Book Version, vinyl and perhaps some other (wooden box if price is not too high). Decisions indeed and depends on which is available and where.

Change of the pattern this time - they decided the first song will not be a fast short rocker (like for AMOLAD album). Dunno, maybe they didn't want to reveal the short rockers yet (because there are only 2 in the album). For example, TBOS album has 4 short rockers.

Could be the same as TFF though, a lengthy intro leading to a relatively short song.

Couple things: last samurai movie? I Like Tom Cruz ok, but saw him starting as a Samurai, it was a hard pass for me. Hot shot pilot, bartender, ok. Samurai…no.
Nicko is one of the damn craziest, most hysterical people ever. He can get away with that pose, and is hilarious as hell. What a great spirit he has!
Lastly ,the lads having all this time to “polish” the album … this is going to be flipping amazing.
Senjitzu is the shot in the arm I needed in my life! Bad day at work? Favorite team lost? … pored the cereal before realizing there’s no bloody milk?!…. No worries! NEW MAIDEN! NEW MAIDEN! HAA HAA YEAH!!!

At the moment I can't decide between ordering the vinyl or getting one of the glorious collectable figures they put out recently. The detail on these is just unbelievable. Never have the "ADULT COLLECTIBE - NOT A TOY. AGES 14+" tag been more appropiate. I have a clear favourite - what's yours?

KZv9iBC.jpg

So have to you already prepared and decided what version(s) you're going to order?
Im gonna wait for the prices tomorrow and then see about this thing. Deluxe Book Version, vinyl and perhaps some other (wooden box if price is not too high). Decisions indeed.
I will order the 2CD Deluxe Book Version. I am not a collector. But I'm thinking about switching to vinyl soon. So maybe I'll get the vinyl version in addition. I'm not sure yet. I do not need a BlueRay.

Even that's giving it too much credit. It's just one in a long line of "white guy learns ways of ancient culture in two days then singlehandedly saves it from eradication which they wouldn't have been able to do on their own" films.
Oh sure, but it was a fun line to write.

99% of the time im playing music either though spotify or on my pc having everything ripped in flac.

So purely as a collection piece the wooden box seems the one im most interested in and probably the red vinyl which I like the look of over the others

I will order the 2CD Deluxe Book Version. I am not a collector. But I'm thinking about switching to vinyl soon. So maybe I'll get the vinyl version in addition. I'm not sure yet. I do not need a BlueRay.
I think that's good plan. The 2CD Deluxe Book Versions that have been released so far (3) are all nice.
And going to get similar items, unless the limited boxset is really worthy it's price I might get it. But have to wait for the details and prices..

My thoughts on the album: I was very surprised at first. I did not expect the title. A cool surprise. At first I did not know what to think of the cover. But in the meantime I really like it. Eddie looks fantastic for his age ;) The tracklist also surprised me. Songs that do not sound at all maidenish. And Harris must have had a big influence. I am curious. Especially the songs with Janick's participation. We will experience a fat load of beautiful guitar harmonies and great hooks. Can't wait for it.

I'm not sure he will, anyway. Bruce doesn't traditionally dress up as whatever the Eddie is dressed up as. Obviously, we are going to get a 12 foot tall Samurai Eddie on stage, swinging his big ol' katana at Janick, but that's good.
Back when they toured Somewhere in Time, Bruce wore the cyborg costume for the opening song only and complained that it was too heavy, although he was 28-29 years old then. I guess he won't put on an elaborate costume now.

Back when they toured Somewhere in Time, Bruce wore the cyborg costume for the opening song only and complained that it was too heavy, although he was 28-29 years old then. I guess he won't put on an elaborate costume now.

Yeah it had a 1986 era battery, that ran out even before CSiT end. Also they had to use leather so they can stich in all the lighting tubes and shit.
We're a bit modern today, you can use light batteries, LEDs and something lighter than real leather.

Yeah it had a 1986 era battery, that ran out even before CSiT end. Also they had to use leather so they can stich in all the lighting tubes and shit.
We're a bit modern today, you can use light batteries, LEDs and something lighter than real leather.

Oh yeah, can't wait to see an LED-lit spandex Samurai costume.

There is still time for another single... in August. Probably one of the 2 short songs.
Just a thought : a 5+ minute song CAN be a fast rocker.
Exhibit A :

Back