Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Also... Just a thought... With Bruce saying that he's writing a lot and no activity from the band for 2 years... I really think that it's possible that they might enter the studio in the fall or early next year...

I mean... Bruce said that they are working on getting visas... Why the hell would they do that, since there is almost 10 months until the tour and the regulations will change like 50 times again before that. I think they might record something again soon...

Bruxit was just moaning to a very right-wing tabloid about the consequences his Brexit vote has had on the touring industry. What a tool…

Reactions: Yax
As always, I'm full of expectations, and upon getting closer to the release date, I won't be able to concentrate on work or on other things than Maiden, but I already know that I'll be disappointet, once the CD drops into my CD player, cause I always get disappointet at first. My expectations are never met instantly. Sometimes, the new songs have to spin for years to dwell and settle in my heart. NPFTD and VXI took me about 7 years to love, SIT never succeeded and TBOS is not there yet, in fact I find TBOS quite boring, uninspiring and too slow, but hopefully the sands of time will prove me wrong.

I am gonna order the boxset. Pretty bummed about not getting a mini documentary/interview on the album from the blu ray disc. I was really hopeful we would get one when the blu ray was announced. Now i am hoping we at least get the making of TWOTW in the disc?

Yes... It doesn't. One of the 3 common problems solved. Now if there is no guitar following the vocals and questionable diction because of the speed of the lyrics... We might be in for a treat with Hell On Earth.
I wonder if we could get an AI to "decrypt" that text for us?

enjoying reading all the observations/takes on the new album title/cover/tracklist. personally, i wish there had been more short songs as i get fatigued by the epics unless they are really varied in arrangements/temps/time changes. i really don't care for the 2+ minute long intros of tinkling on guitars/weird vocals/jungle/space noises we've seen a lot of lately. don't hate them but just think - like George Lucas - more judicious editing and more "no's" in the room rather than a bunch of buttkissers would be helpful. all that said, i do expect this album just by the appearance and song titles to be pretty aggressive/heavy/purpose-built. and more Adrian is a good thing for me as i've always found his songwriting to be the most immediate "pop" of all of them. just have a gut feeling this will be legit solid 8/10 in the overall canon and a definite reunion era gem. we will soon find out yee-haw !
I loved the intros of the 80's cause they contributed to the songs, but the latest efforts were not so successfully. I mean no disrespect to Kevin Shirley, but it was the strenght of Martin Birch to keep everything tight and straightforward. That said, I dig the outtro of If Eternity Should Fail.

My only remarks:

• no song from Dave (the other albums without songs from him: Killers, TNOTB, Powerslave and TXF). Yeah, his songs for the last two albums are not one of my favorites, but they are not bad for sure. I will miss his trademark melodic intros... hope he will do one for some of the epics.

• and especially the album title. I don't like it. Sounds strange and very un-Maidenish... weird choice. But the most important thing is the songs to be great. I knew they will go for a one word album title this time. From the tracklist, ''The Time Machine'' would have been a very good album title.

Btw, I know that we've seen before this kind of Samurai Eddie on the album cover (LOTB game) and thus it's not unique, but the album cover is fantastic (with or without light colours)! One of the best album covers of Maiden imo. Kudos to Wilkinson (Great artist. I thought he will make one with more details this time, but we have the booklet for that). And it seems they really debuted the new Eddie in the video for the single.

You can't see the contents of the disc so I wouldn't be so sure just yet.
Sadly, I think it will be just the music video + ''making of''. Pretty pointless for a blu-ray disc.

But maybe... if this is their last album, they could include a documentary about the making of the album (like for the AMOLAD album).

In iTunes I just removed the front off that song. I also removed the intro from The Talisman, made everything good again.

I don't like having the two ballads, TOAC and MOS, but just pick one and remove the other. Then its a perfect album.

I don't really understand when people complain about having too much. Just pick what you like and play that, get rid of the rest. Still an whole album's worth left.
This sounds like something which I have to learn. Some songs could profit from a little bit of editing. ;)

Do you have a link on tipps and tricks how to get started or is the best way to simply "jump into the cold water" and find out for myself?

My only remarks:

• no song from Dave (the other albums without songs from him: Killers, TNOTB, Powerslave and TXF). Yeah, his songs for the last two albums are not one of my favorites, but they are not bad for sure. I will miss his trademark melodic intros... hope he will do one for some of the epics.

• and especially the album title. I don't like it. Sounds strange and very un-Maidenish... weird choice. But the most important thing is the songs to be great. I knew they will go for a one word album title this time. From the tracklist, ''The Time Machine'' would have been a very good album title.

Btw, I know that we've seen before this kind of Samurai Eddie on the album cover (LOTB game) and thus it's not unique, but the album cover is fantastic (with or without light colours)! One of the best album covers of Maiden imo. Kudos to Wilkinson (Great artist. I thought he will make one with more details this time, but we have the booklet for that). And it seems they really debuted the new Eddie in the video for the single.
I love the title. Really different. Still disappointed it's not called Whores of Babylon - I'd love to see Maiden pushing the envelope of good taste with something "Fuck You" ish.

The Time Machine would be way too cheesy for an album name - I already think it's too cheesy for a song title. Just sounds a little childish.

This sounds like something which I have to learn. Some songs could profit from a little bit of editing. ;)

Do you have a link on tipps and tricks how to get started or is the best way to simply "jump into the cold water" and find out for myself?
Download Audacity for free on your computer. You can literally highlight bits of a track and hit "delete" to remove them.

Back