Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

When the dates for the album tour will be announced? Later this year, I guess.

The tour can start in September (or October) and to continue through the end of 2022. With a 2nd leg in 2023... (if they don't rebrand the LOTB tour next year, but I think their plan from the start was this tour to have 3 legs).

When the dates for the album tour will be announced? Later this year, I guess.

The tour can start in September (or October) and to continue through the end of 2022. With a 2nd leg in 2023... (if they don't rebrand the LOTB tour next year, but I think their plan from the start was this tour to have 3 legs).
My guess is they'll tour Senjutsu through North and South America in the end of 2022, since they'll likely play at RiR 2022, and then Europe/Asia/Australia on Spring 2023.

I don't know any of you guys personally, but trust me. Yax meant no harm and had no intention of making fun of you. It was nothing but a cheerful comment, as Losfer Words has no lyrics. :)

I agree with you. Maiden lyrics have a lot of historical elements, one can only learn from. True wisdom. Even when no words have been spoken. ;)
ok dude i misunderstood! I just did not understand correctly! be well and have a nice day!

What IF...they already recording next album? Next summer they tour last leg of LOTB, then they release album 18 at the end of 2022 and tour both albums at same tour in 2023?
Money from a new album comes from

1) sales of the album
2) the tour in support of the album

Income from (1) has been in steady decline for decades, so the main source of income when a band releases a new qlbum now is the tour.
If you merge two album tours together instead of doing two separate tours you make much less money.
Also, how would themeing the tour work?

I've found this happens more often than I'd expect, but I suppose we all do it to an extent. Play the songs in an order different than intended? You're altering the artistic intention of the album work. Skip a track when listening to an album? Same thing.

I dunno, I wouldn't cut songs up, and I certainly wouldn't cut them up and have the gall to suggest I made them better, but from a certain point of view we all change the artistic intent of a piece of work merely by interacting with it.
This is a good point. And very true. Personally, I almost never skip tracks when listening to an album, but I DO set my entire playlist to shuffle sometimes when I'm in a car. And again, it's all personal preference; no hard feelings. I just thing there's a line of respect that gets crossed when you actually edit the contents of someone's music. I find file editing no different than re-arranging notes in a sheet of music, or cutting them out entirely.

But again, that's just me. I don't think I'm necessarily right in that thinking and I certainly don't ask anyone else to follow my point of view on some things.

I've not done it, but I could certainly see the justification in making your own edits of certain songs.

I instantly thought of Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai.
How about costume like this or something similar?
The Last Samurai, as far as historical films go, is very bad, and the inclusion of a copy of a gusoku from the 1500s (it is a copy of Toyotomi Hidetsugi's preserved gusoku, currently in the Suntory Museum of Art) is one of the things that showcases how bad it is.

We don't know to which portion of Japanese history that Senjutsu refers, but if it's 1876 and Bruce is prancing around in that, uh...

When I got the email about the new album, I felt like a 13 year old finding out about Dance of Death. Maiden are truly a special band and no other band can give me that feeling of being a kid!

I think we are in for a real treat. Maiden have been incredibly consistent since becoming a 6 piece. None of the albums are duds. Sure there are inconsistencies songs but that was the same of some of the 80’s albums too.

The Last Samurai, as far as historical films go, is very bad, and the inclusion of a copy of a gusoku from the 1500s (it is a copy of Toyotomi Hidetsugi's preserved gusoku, currently in the Suntory Museum of Art) is one of the things that showcases how bad it is.

We don't know to which portion of Japanese history that Senjutsu refers, but if it's 1876 and Bruce is prancing around in that, uh...
I feel the Trooper jacket and Doomsday Cloak is enough. I don't think I really want to see Bruce dressed as a Samurai....

I feel the Trooper jacket and Doomsday Cloak is enough. I don't think I really want to see Bruce dressed as a Samurai....
I'm not sure he will, anyway. Bruce doesn't traditionally dress up as whatever the Eddie is dressed up as. Obviously, we are going to get a 12 foot tall Samurai Eddie on stage, swinging his big ol' katana at Janick, but that's good.

I'm not sure he will, anyway. Bruce doesn't traditionally dress up as whatever the Eddie is dressed up as. Obviously, we are going to get a 12 foot tall Samurai Eddie on stage, swinging his big ol' katana at Janick, but that's good.
Yeah, that's a given.

I've not done it, but I could certainly see the justification in making your own edits of certain songs.

I have my reservations about the people who are doing it because Maiden does not use a constant tempo track. They play tight as fuck and intentionally notch up 2-3 bpm after choruses in the next verse, and so on.

Here's one of those edit jobs that has completely unnatural transitions, although the song is "straightforward"

I wouldn’t edit a song- hell, I’m so old school I put on an album and listen to it. I don’t even skip songs! That’s right. That’s just how I roll.

unless it’s ToC from book of souls.

I think maiden and the whole metal and rock scene in general changed the world. After wars and misery they changed the landscape of life on earth. I am wrong?! Am I too much ?! I'm dumb?!
Brother it is safe to say they changed the lives of this bunch here @ MF ! I mean, here we all are enjoying the heck our lives!! How fricken great is this?! :shred: :shred:

Back