Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Had a hectic day today…three hour interview, second Covid vaccination, two hour meeting with supervisor, lost my dog at the shops then found him. Am now happy to have settled in at home and read from page 14 to 31 of this chat as a reward for a long day. Thanks for all the posts folks! Now going to fall asleep with my new nightly routine…listening to TWOTW four times. Glad that new Maiden is back in my life.

The new album cover is great. Thrilled with the amount of lengthy songs on Senjutsu. It means plenty of guitar solos for Adrian, Davey and Janick. Happy with the writing credits. Can’t wait to start reading album reviews to get even more hyped.

As an artist myself, I'm in love with the new cover. I was afraid they'd go animated style or horrible CGI or try and recreate the older artworks with loads of scene detail, but Wilkinson has knocked it out of the park with this. I'm fairly sure it was still produced digitally, but with the right approach that gives depth and actual touch and texture to the work. I also love that he evolved the maturity in the BOS cover...Eddie is Eddie, not like TFF. Kept the dark background, with a slight green light glow. The colouring, detail, lighting is like old traditional photographic portraiture or even Renaissance painting style. So well captured. Eddie also has a kind of early Maiden 'I'ma f**k u up' viscious look that he has married to a more mature style.
Also, whoever has done the supporting graphics and layout (Anthony dry maybe?) also done brilliant work. New Logo in armour/steel style. The kind of thing that can easily go wrong, but looks super classy...the font, the Japanese character stamp, the Calliigraphy brush interpretation of IM logo. Brilliant all round.
I also love that Harris has embraced his inner epic. Feels like he has something to say or prove after Bruces epicy contributions on BOS, and also the fact that there is some possibility of this being the last album. Not for certain, but time is ticking....

TFF is a fantastic song gated behind four minutes of ambient noise.
Personally, I think of it as four minutes of underdeveloped buildup leading into four minutes of uninteresting sci-fi bar rock. Throw both parts out the airlock and open the album with El Dorado.

I really wish Maiden would separate it themselves; I think they did on the live album?
They did; En Vivo! opens with "Satellite 15" followed by "The Final Frontier".

Personally, I think of it as four minutes of underdeveloped buildup leading into four minutes of uninteresting sci-fi bar rock. Throw both parts out the airlock and open the album with El Dorado.

They did; En Vivo! opens with "Satellite 15" followed by "The Final Frontier".
Ah, cheers for the confirmation.

I'll agree to disagree on the start though; The Final Frontier is my favourite song on its album and The Talisman is the only other one that comes close.

The Time Machine would be way too cheesy for an album name - I already think it's too cheesy for a song title. Just sounds a little childish.

It is the title of a book by H.G. Wells from 1895. Not sure if I think it is good by modern standards, but an important piece of literature and science fiction especially nonetheless. Namedropping literary classics is a favourite sport among these guys... Pretty sure Steve based the lyrics around one of the films.

I'm really curious what stage costume will Bruce wear during the Senjutsu World Tour...

Learn Audacity. It's free and easy.
I can tell you my personal version 9min Red and Black is way better than the original!
Funny. I asked for advice, cause that's the song I wanted to edit. :)

I believe, it has potential to be a hell of a song, if some of the edges are cut off, and I would definitely like to hear your version. ;)

Reactions: Gk1
Y’all do what you want, but I can’t believe anyone could he like “I fucking love Iron Maiden! Especially once i take their music and put it through a shredder so I can extract my favorite parts!”
I've found this happens more often than I'd expect, but I suppose we all do it to an extent. Play the songs in an order different than intended? You're altering the artistic intention of the album work. Skip a track when listening to an album? Same thing.

I dunno, I wouldn't cut songs up, and I certainly wouldn't cut them up and have the gall to suggest I made them better, but from a certain point of view we all change the artistic intent of a piece of work merely by interacting with it.

Funny. I asked for advice, cause that's the song I wanted to edit. :)

I believe, it has potential to be a hell of a song, if some of the edges are cut off, and I would definitely like to hear your version. ;)
I used to tdo that for all the albums from BNW onwards... I think for TBOS I only edited EOTC. The albums sounded much more immediate with the extra fat removed. However the already muddy sound became even worse even if the tracks were extracted to 320k

Y’all do what you want, but I can’t believe anyone could he like “I fucking love Iron Maiden! Especially once i take their music and put it through a shredder so I can extract my favorite parts!”
I put it down to the modern human having the attention span of a gnat. Not because as a species we've grown more stupid, but because there's sensory overload around every corner.

It is the title of a book by H.G. Wells from 1895. Not sure if I think it is good by modern standards, but an important piece of literature and science fiction especially nonetheless. Namedropping literary classics is a favourite sport among these guys... Pretty sure Steve based the lyrics around one of the films.
I am of course aware of that. It doesn't mean it needs to be the title of a song though, whether or not it revolves around that book/film.

Why are you making fun of me?
I don't know any of you guys personally, but trust me. Yax meant no harm and had no intention of making fun of you. It was nothing but a cheerful comment, as Losfer Words has no lyrics. :)

I agree with you. Maiden lyrics have a lot of historical elements, one can only learn from. True wisdom. Even when no words have been spoken. ;)

This is exactly what I thought when I saw that title.

Quite often, Maiden lyrics are only as good as the last thing that the writer read (or watched). Unfortunately, when the last thing Steve read is the latest edition of the Daily Mail, that process can result in some pretty bad lyrics.

I much prefer it when he sticks to literary/mythological/cinematic topics!
If you have "Age of Innocence" or "Justice of the Peace" in mind, sure. From a very optimistic point of view though, we could imagine that Steve has made progress on this front.

Women do the exact same thing with their husbands. Marry them, love them, shredder them and finally leave them. :bigsmile:

What IF...they already recording next album? Next summer they tour last leg of LOTB, then they release album 18 at the end of 2022 and tour both albums at same tour in 2023?
In another genre altogether, this is what Mylène Farmer did, and given the commercial importance of each release, it made sense.

Back