Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I saw those new images of the formats and I can already tell there's plenty of better artwork than what they picked for the cover. Just like on TBoS. I don't get it... Anyway, the boxset looks fantastic. I dig TWotW poster - take the bicycles out and it would probably make a better cover for the album IMO. All the other pieces of the set look very nice too.

it's not surprising why there so many songs written solely by Steve

He wasn't particularly involved in The Book of Souls, as he had some issues with people close to him dying, and I think he just had some extra material as a result.

I haven't been this stoked about a Maiden release since AMOLAD (which funnily enough was initially disappointing. Took me a couple of weeks to process it, but now it's a top 5 album to me). September 3rd can't come soon enough.

I dig TWotW poster - take the bicycles out and it would probably make a better cover for the album IMO.
Pretty good artwork of the Samurai Eddie too (with more bright colours and a glowing katana), but as a tour poster is better imo - I like the official cover more.

Btw, I wonder if there will be some bonus stuff for TWOTW single (live versions, b-sides), given that it's part of this special box set?

Last edited:
If this is Maiden's last album (I hope not), then it's not surprising why there so many songs written solely by Steve - it happens for the first time since 1998. Adrian had said (about the reunion albums) that nowadays Steve prefers to not write so many songs of his own.

But the final album of Maiden wouldn't be complete without a song from Dave.

Here's a theory. Harris' "prophecy" will come true. They'll do all in all 15 albums -with Bruce ;)

That's this and 2 more to go.

Or they were working on Nights of the Dead. OR they were polishing Senjutsu because they known that they have time for that thanks to Covid.
"Thanks to covid". I think this is the first time I read these words (not being mate with Bezos and the Apple board).

Last edited:
Back