Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear! Hear!

Playing the whole album live was a brave and bold move and the gigs were fantastic. In fact, the AMOLAD gigs are amongst the best of the band I have seen (and I have seen them many times on every tour since 1996).
+1
This. AMLOAD is incredibly consistent album and if there was an album in the last 20 years to to that, it was the right one. Shame that there is no recording of it, tho...

Another quite special tour was 2010 TFF tour, although they binned 2 of the best 4 songs in the set a few dates in.

Oh yes, I know this all too well and have first hand experience of it. In 2006 when they played 'A Matter Of Live and Death' (an album I wasn't too keen on at the time) I was left a bit confused and underwhelmed that they played the full album and missed out 'Run to the Hills'. It was my first time seeing Maiden, and at the time I had no idea if I'd ever get the chance to see them again (he says 18 times later), so I wanted to see the big classics too. I have Play Classics! leanings myself but would prefer a setlist to be a good mix of more recent songs and classics.

I liked the AMOLAD tour a lot. To play the (then) new album in full was a great move, especially when the album is fantastic. You know that I also want the setlist to be more diverse or a mix of more recent songs and classics (and some songs from the 90's, please) - TBOS tour has done that well, but Maiden rotates album tour with a history/hits tour, so we get a lot of songs.

In contrast, Priest do not tour every year like Maiden.

In contrast, Priest do not tour every year like Maiden.

That is definitely the case if you are opening for Ozzy. You might end up not touring at all!

Joking aside, which years have Priest not toured since they reunited with Rob? 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2017? There were some pretty big gaps between tours, which is probably not a wise idea for an old band.

Joking aside, which years have Priest not toured since they reunited with Rob? 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2017? There were some pretty big gaps between tours, which is probably not a wise idea for an old band.

That's correct. They are 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2017.

Hear! Hear!

Playing the whole album live was a brave and bold move and the gigs were fantastic. In fact, the AMOLAD gigs are amongst the best of the band I have seen (and I have seen them many times on every tour since 1996).

I would have loved to have seen the AMOLAD tour. In fact I missed alot of tours (Ed Hunter, BNW, DoD, TFF, SBIT) because Maiden seemingly refused to play anywhere in the Southeastern USA during that stretch. Finances were tighter then, but I might have been able to travel to a gig or two but not able to work it out.

I really wish I had been the Maiden fan I am now back in 2006. First time I saw them live was in 2008 for Somewhere Back in Time. But god damn, I would have loved to have been able to experience all of AMOLAD live in 2006.
Same here as I became a fan in 2011, but I wish I would have been able to see TFF tour in the US. That would have been awesome! And because my closest show would have been Seattle I could have seen Paschendale.

Same here as I became a fan in 2011, but I wish I would have been able to see TFF tour in the US. That would have been awesome! And because my closest show would have been Seattle I could have seen Paschendale.

Yeah, it's a shame they dropped both Brighter Than a Thousand Suns and Paschendale from the set after that first week or two. That 2010 setlist was still very special. Wish they'd do another heavy post-reunion setlist.

I was already a huge fan in 2006, I even remember this evening after school, in which I went to buy the cd of AMOLAD. But sadly my country was not in their schedule for the tour. I was below 18 and I had neither the economic means nor time to travel abroad-- hence I kept dreaming.

For this reason, I always welcome FTGGOG. :edmetal:

Similar situation for me with SBIT in 2008. I was 17 years old, still in school, and Chicago (the nearest place they were playing) was a six hour drive away from where we lived. Took a lot of convincing of my parents to let me go.

Thankfully, my parents knew how much of a Maiden fan I'd become over the past year, since about fall of 2007. So they weren't really against the concert, just the long drive and me being only 17 years old. So there was one condition: my older sister had to want to go too. But she didn't mind, and even ended up having a great time at the concert, despite never having been much of a Maiden fan.

The 2 deepest cuts that might return to the set at this point are 22 Acacia Avenue and Stranger In A Strange Land (both are Nicko's requests and the band usually listens to Nicko's say with the sets. They did that with TOAC, WED and FOI). Maybe Infinite Dreams too, but we still don't know why it was dropped, so maybe they found out that it doesn't work anymore.

Everything beyond that is probably utopia at this point.

Those are not deep cuts, but what about ''The Clairvoyant'' and ''Heaven Can Wait'' - both were in the hints on the tour poster. And it seems that band wants to play ''Heaven Can Wait'' since TBOS tour./ I think Bruce can pull off ''Infinite Dreams'' better now than in 2012.

Maybe another possibility is ''Brave New World'' - If I'm not mistaken, the band wanted to play one of these songs: Blood Brothers/The Wicker Man/Brave New World before/for TBOS tour (and they went with ''Blood Brothers'' for it).... TWM for LOTB tour.... and BNW maybe for the next album tour.

Maybe another possibility is ''Brave New World'' - If I'm not mistaken, the band wanted to play one of these songs: Blood Brothers/The Wicker Man/Brave New World before/for TBOS tour (and they went with ''Blood Brothers'' for it).... TWM for LOTB tour.... and BNW maybe for the next album tour.
Actually, all three were in the leaked Chinese setlist (sent for government approval, they posted it online). The Wicker Man was just what they called Powerslave at the government's request, but both Blood Brothers and BNW were in the set (for a total of 16 songs). Presumably they cut BNW for time, since the set ended up being on the long side with it included.

How is Clairvoyant and Heaven Can Wait a deep cut? Both were played on the 92/93 live albums as well as the Somewhere Back in Time tour. Clairvoyant was also played during the 2012/2013 Maiden England setlist, and the original 88 Maiden England setlist.

How is Clairvoyant and Heaven Can Wait a deep cut? Both were played on the 92/93 live albums as well as the Somewhere Back in Time tour. Clairvoyant was also played during the 2012/2013 Maiden England setlist, and the original 88 Maiden England setlist.

I said in my post the they are not deep cuts by any means, but could return to the setlist next year (or for the next album tour) - because they were in the hints on the tour poster for LOTB tour.

P.S. Both were played in 2003 (Give Me Ed... 'Til I'm Dead tour). They were also played in 1990-1991 and the two tours with Blaze.
SIASL is definitely a deep cut, it's only been played a handful of times since it's album tour.

Um.. .that's obvious. It was played only 5 times since its album tour - during The Ed Hunter tour in 1999.

Last edited:
Um.. .that's obvious. It was played only 5 times since its album tour - during The Ed Hunter tour in 1999.

I think I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying 22AA and SIASL were not deep cuts, but now I think you meant the songs that you were suggesting, Clairvoyant and HCW, were not deep cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back