Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I would love to see Phantom live... Here's hoping they will play it when (if) they visit Greece again.

As for any song swapping for this 3rd leg, maybe they will include Heaven Can Wait instead of Greater Good? Both are of the same theme.

They just played Phantom a few years ago, during the Maiden England tour. I saw two shows on that tour and Phantom and 7th Son were the highlights during both shows.

Why do we see so many people suggesting that 2 Minutes To Midnight or The Evil That Men Do are going to get swapped out for something else? They're both extremely popular songs that the band plays on almost every single tour.

Is it just that people are bored of them and hoping that they get changed?

Why do we see so many people suggesting that 2 Minutes To Midnight or The Evil That Men Do are going to get swapped out for something else? They're both extremely popular songs that the band plays on almost every single tour.

Is it just that people are bored of them and hoping that they get changed?
That's correct, but TETMD would also be an easy song to replace since it doesn't belong in any of the set themes. 2MTM doesn't sound very good to me on this tour due to its slow tempo, but there's no real reason to expect it to disappear from the setlist. There would certainly be some other war songs that could fit into its spot nicely.

2MTM doesn't sound very good to me on this tour due to its slow right tempo, but there's no real reason to expect it to disappear from the setlist.

Fixed it for you. 2 Minutes to Midnight sounds fantastic played at the right tempo. :)

There would certainly be some other war songs that could fit into its spot nicely.

Drop The (overrated) Clansman. There are loads of Maiden war songs that are miles better (Paschendale, Brighter than a Thousand Suns, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, The Longest Day...).

Fixed it for you. 2 Minutes to Midnight sounds fantastic played at the right tempo. :)

Drop The (overrated) Clansman. There are loads of Maiden war songs that are miles better (Paschendale, Brighter than a Thousand Suns, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, The Longest Day...).
I agree about those songs being better than The Clansman, but I wouldn't call it overrated by any means. Still, I would be happy if any of those songs replaced it. Singing along to The Longest Day or BTATS would be a dream come true for me.

I agree about those songs being better than The Clansman, but I wouldn't call it overrated by any means. Still, I would be happy if any of those songs replaced it.

I really liked The Clansman back in 1998, but over the years I have realised this was probably not due to it being great but because it was miles better than any of the other crap Maiden were releasing at the time! :lol:

I admit it is a very good live song, a bit like Sanctuary in that respect, but I think they have many war-related songs that are miles better.

Singing along to The Longest Day or BTATS would be a dream come true for me.

Those songs were the highlights of two of the best Maiden shows I have ever been too (two last shows of the AMOLAD tour at Earls Court in London in 2006)

Nope. Rehearsed songs were Hallowed and Infinite Dreams. Infinite Dreams was dropped for unknown reasons and replaced by ATSS and Hallowed was dropped because of the 1st court case and replaced by POTO.
I think Running Free was Halloweds replacement.

I'd like to hear Caught Somewhere in Time, Stranger in a Strange sort of Land, No Prayer for those who are currently Dying, Mother Russia (shut up, this song is amazing), Fate's Warning, Be Quick or Be Less Alive Than You Were Prior To Being Not Quick. I can think of more, but I'm tired of hearing the same old shit. Granted, when you go to see it live, even run of the mill shit like Iron Maiden and Run Forth Them Hills are still rocking songs, but I'd love for Maiden to get a touch ballsy and creative with their setlist.

Possibly. But I think it was POTO, since Running Free was on the original STOAST setlist. Also POTO and Hallowed are similar length-wise.

Phantom of the Opera was on the setlist that Dave can be seen holding here (you can clearly see NOTB, followed by Phantom, Hallowed and then Wasted Years 1 minute and 18 seconds into the video):

Running Free is nowhere to be seen as an encore. The setlist that Dave is holding shows Aces High, The Evil that Men Do and Run to the Hills instead.

Run to the Hills was probably moved to the main set not to fry Bruce's voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back