Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

Makes no sense. They’ve had the same stage setup since what, 1998? They just change the artwork on the banners.

Same as the 08/09 tour … which people seem to forget was covering THREE albums - Powerslave, SIT and SSOASS. It wasn’t just a Live After Death tour.
Stage set of 2008/2009 was just World Slavery Tour remake, opposed to LOTB which had 3 distinctive stage sets in one. War, religion and hell, while 2022 was Japan, religion and hell.

Steel Prophet have recorded a phenomenal cover of The Ides Of March and instead of going into Wrathchild, they combined it with Purgatory (!) and it works amazingly. It's the definitive version of those songs for me and whenever I listen to Killers nowadays I'm always caught by surprise when Wrathchild starts instead of Purgatory. That'd would be an amazing 1-2 combo to start a show.

It's technically great but Purgatory needs a rawer sound. Especially its opening riff.

Steel Prophet have recorded a phenomenal cover of The Ides Of March and instead of going into Wrathchild, they combined it with Purgatory (!) and it works amazingly. It's the definitive version of those songs for me and whenever I listen to Killers nowadays I'm always caught by surprise when Wrathchild starts instead of Purgatory. That'd would be an amazing 1-2 combo to start a show.

Damn this is awesome! The only downside for me is the programmed drums, but in almost every other way I think it surpasses the original. The additional guitar harmonies are great!

Last edited:

It seems Maiden won't tour next year. At least not before september. That means a lot of things : a new album recorded by Iron Maiden on early 2025, then a U.S. and South American tour for Bruce Dickinson (and maybe some summer festival dates in Europe). Before releasing the new Iron Maiden masterpiece in september and going on stage for a new album tour. ;)

Yeah. And if you want to go back to 1988, then Killers and Still Life didn’t fit the snowcap either. It doesn’t matter.
Given the theme of Still Life, I think the frozen lake landscape of SSOASS stage was perfect for it.
Wrathchild. Anytime it’s in the setlist in the 21st century it just feels like a filler song to me. I’d much rather them play a different Paul era song, like Purgatory, Prowler, Sanctuary, Transylvania+Strange World.
Not for 2001 or 2003. More different songs would be better.
Bruce: ''I know what Maiden are doing (in 2025), which is all sort of top secret at the moment. But what Maiden are doing gives me a lot of space to go and plan something.''

Top secret? Hmmm... the brand new tour, right. They usually say such things for a new album. Anyway.
This statement confirms that Bruce will be touring solo next year as well. In fact, he said that during today's show for the US. But I expect Maiden to tour in the summer next year. 3/4 months (not full, shorter) and Bruce can tour before, after, or both. Maiden may have free time for an album depending on both schedules, but I still think Maiden will/could record a new album in early 2026 since the new tour will probably be 2 years (releasing it after the tour).

Don't know why but reading this thread alone is getting me excited LOL!

Talking about bringing songs from SIT, I would be absolutely thrilled to have The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner in the setlist and also Deja Vu.

Talking about the opener, Caught Somewhere In Time, Moonchild and even The Wicker Man sounds more plausible, even though I think Aces High is perfect for any occassion. Futureal would be nice as well!
I'd love Different World to make a comeback. It's probably my favourite of the Maiden "life is great and I'm going to live it my way" album openers.

You are now an Avenger, kid!

What other 'weird' or unexpected songs you guys think would work as an opener?

2 Minutes To Midnight, Wasted Years, Speed Of Light, Flash Of The Blade, Prowler (would be a very generic choice though), El Dorado, Stratego, The Trooper and Man On The Edge.

The only way that Maiden’s activity in 2025 gives Bruce space to do solo work is less Maiden activity. I don’t see any other way around that. At the same time, he is intentionally dropping hints by saying things like that. He wouldn’t say stuff to get fans riled up when the “secret news” is Iron Maiden taking a year off or retiring.

At the very least it means Maiden’s touring is somewhat limited, maybe they’re taking summer off again. It could also mean a new album: record early 2025, Dickinson solo tour in the summer while the album is being mixed, usual September release, album/farewell tour 26/27. This would match Dickinson’s “next three years will be great for Maiden fans” comment.

I have said from the beginning that I don’t think Bruce releases The Mandrake Project unless Maiden is getting ready to wind down.

The only way that Maiden’s activity in 2025 gives Bruce space to do solo work is less Maiden activity. I don’t see any other way around that. At the same time, he is intentionally dropping hints by saying things like that. He wouldn’t say stuff to get fans riled up when the “secret news” is Iron Maiden taking a year off or retiring.

At the very least it means Maiden’s touring is somewhat limited, maybe they’re taking summer off again. It could also mean a new album: record early 2025, Dickinson solo tour in the summer while the album is being mixed, usual September release, album/farewell tour 26/27. This would match Dickinson’s “next three years will be great for Maiden fans” comment.

I have said from the beginning that I don’t think Bruce releases The Mandrake Project unless Maiden is getting ready to wind down.

For how long do Maiden tour every year? 3 months? 4 months? That leaves plenty of time for Bruce to do his solo things if he wants to, as this year shows.

I would be incredibly surprised if Maiden do not tour Europe in 2025.

Hmm, we've gone from "Maiden has already planned and booked the stadium tour in Europe" to "Maiden won't be touring Europe in 2025". :bigsmile:
I think our Maiden insider info is expandable.
But yes, it's a speculation thread, I know...

Bruce: ''I know what Maiden are doing (in 2025), which is all sort of top secret at the moment. But what Maiden are doing gives me a lot of space to go and plan something.''
That sounds like new Maiden album coming up if you ask me. There are not many available windows for collective songwriting this year, but who knows if they are writing on their own and then prepare together in Australia? Or write early next year and immediately record afterwards.

Maiden timetable give Bruce time to plan something = time for Bruce to both play some dates himself, write music, and prepare more comics and ATMOS remixes?

Hmm, we've gone from "Maiden has already planned and booked the stadium tour in Europe" to "Maiden won't be touring Europe in 2025". :bigsmile:
I think our Maiden insider info is expandable.
But yes, it's a speculation thread, I know...
Maiden are 100% doing shows in Europe next year, it's just a matter of how extensive the tour will be which us uncertain .

Speaking of "insider info" Bruce's Solo tour of NA isnt expected until fall of next year which lines up perfectly with a Maiden summer run

I think that to do a LAD themed tour it's enough to celebrate 50 years. They could also do a special reissue as they did with Number of the Beast/Beast over Hammersmith.

The main reasons I'm starting to think they will do something like that are:

- Bruce said various times that he wanted to do songs like Rime again
- There are quite a few stadiums already booked for next year, and LAD represent their most popular era. Just advertising the tour as a celebration of that era will be enough to sell shitload of tickets.
- It will be 40 years since its release.
- The LAD setlist is basically a greatest hits setlist. Also, in 2008 they didn't play songs from the Hammersmith shows (22 Acacia Avenue, Wrathchild, Phantom of The Opera). If they include those then it can be seen as a 50 years celebration too.
- The tombstone which gets uncovered on the screen(s) during Hell on Earth it's the same as the one on LAD cover. We know Maiden plans way in advance, and that's the kind of hint Maiden give us.
- The setlist wouldn't be too demanding, at least from the "we gotta learn these songs again" side. Aces High, Children of the Damned, Powerslave... all songs they've been playing "recently".

Again, it's just and idea that popped in to my mind.
What stadiums are booked?

I’m just out for a walk listening to Maiden and I decided on Senjutsu. Maybe they should open with the title track again…

In all seriousness I actually enjoyed it as an opener but I wouldn’t want to see it again.
I still maintain that on Legacy 3, Maiden should have swapped out the recording of "Doctor, Doctor" for the recording of "Senjutsu." Then again, I've always had an issue with the title track. Plodding, overlong, all build-up and zero take-off. Use that as the pre-show track to set the mood of Senjutsu World, and kick off with a fiery opener like "Stratego." It would've worked wonders AND it would've freed up one of the required three slots for the "worlds" theme for another song from Senjutsu.

...I know I probably shouldn't be as annoyed with one opener from a single leg of a tour, but hey, here we are.

I also think it's likely that they decided to work on an album while Bruce is doing his solo tour. I was going to say probably just demoing and writing individually/one or two with a producer, but really there will have been almost 11 months between PowerTrip and the Australia leg of the tour so I wouldn't be surprised if they actually get into the studio and have most of an album down this summer.

As I said in the Bruce topic, I think everthing points to Maiden going the Rammstein / Stones / AC/DC route. Less shows, bigger production and bigger venues. The rumours of them trying to book San Siro just add fuel to the fire.

If they cut the number of gigs to 25-30, that's around 2 months of touring. That leaves Bruce 10 months for solo activity. Even if Maiden goes to a studio in early 2025, that still leaves Bruce a window of 7 months.

Knowing Maiden and with this information, I think we are looking at 25 date European tour from late May to late July and Bruce tour from mid August until late October (likely US with possibly some other shows).

Back