Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

I think we should think about what deep-cuts have a chance. Now, with Alex appearing, everything is possible. I'd say the possibilities are:

From Iron Maiden:
Remember Tomorrow

From Killers:
Prodigal Son (Bruce's favourite song from Paul-era)
*Would have put the title track here, if Nicko was 100%*

From The Number Of The Beast:
Total Eclipse

From Piece Of Mind:
Still Life
Sun And Steel

From Powerslave:
Back In The Village (strangely, if they indeed focus the tour on Powerslave, I think they might play it)

From Somewhere In Time:
Frankly, none. Maybe Alex stays.

From SSOASS:
Infinite Dreams
OTGDY

And I think that's it as far as deep cuts from the 80's go. Everything bar FOTD and Clansman from the 90's is a deep cut.
Almost anything off the first two albums kinda qualifies as a deep cut at this point. I think Killers is the standout pick along with Remember Tomorrow. IMO they won't touch the first two albums outside the usual suspects unless it's a pure 80s tour.

But anyway, as far as songs that haven't been played by the current lineup, I think it mostly comes down to Still Life, Sun and Steel, Infinite Dreams, Only the Good Die Young. I don't expect them to pull anything outside the Big Four from Powerslave and Total Eclipse is kind of a random pick at this point. I think it's more likely they bring back 22 Acacia Avenue or Children of the Damned.

Still Life, Sun and Steel, Infinite Dreams, OTGDY haven't been played in such a long time they might as well all qualify as "never before played live" and therefore kinda have about equal chance of showing up in a future setlist to me.

Almost anything off the first two albums kinda qualifies as a deep cut at this point. I think Killers is the standout pick along with Remember Tomorrow. IMO they won't touch the first two albums outside the usual suspects unless it's a pure 80s tour.

But anyway, as far as songs that haven't been played by the current lineup, I think it mostly comes down to Still Life, Sun and Steel, Infinite Dreams, Only the Good Die Young. I don't expect them to pull anything outside the Big Four from Powerslave and Total Eclipse is kind of a random pick at this point. I think it's more likely they bring back 22 Acacia Avenue or Children of the Damned.

Still Life, Sun and Steel, Infinite Dreams, OTGDY haven't been played in such a long time they might as well all qualify as "never before played live" and therefore kinda have about equal chance of showing up in a future setlist to me.
With that Nicko intreview, where he openly talks about the right hand problems, I think a lot of Clive tracks are out. Especially Killers that has that fast hi-hat at the beginning. Nicko can't play RTTH at this point (Nicko said that himself and confessed that he relied on the Marine drumers to do fills, while he stuck to his standard ride pattern), so unless there is a magical improvement, there is no way he can play Killers.

With that Nicko intreview, where he openly talks about the right hand problems, I think a lot of Clive tracks are out. Especially Killers that has that fast hi-hat at the beginning. Nicko can't play RTTH at this point (Nicko said that himself and confessed that he relied on the Marine drumers to do fills, while he stuck to his standard ride pattern), so unless there is a magical improvement, there is no way he can play Killers.
There's a certain virtual xi song he could play easily but I can't recall it right now

I kind of rate most of the debut and Killers material as unlikely to return at this point, besides the obvious title track and Wrathchild's inevitable return (you know it'll happen, when you least expect it) and maybe Phantom if they can fit it somewhere. They had a whole tour dedicated largely to that era and they've played none of the rarities dug up for that since.

Even the two common encore closers that used to keep popping up in their sets (Running Free and Sanctuary) have now officially been absent for ten or more years. I get the feeling that with limited setlist space, they'd rather focus on their more well-known and popular albums and pick deeper cuts from those instead, or indeed, potential live premieres like OTGDY now that the big hurdle's been cleared.

Rime being played next year is pretty much confirmed.

Also, during a few shows, Bruce said "See you somewhere back in time, somewhere in the future past".

I think we are getting a best of the 80's tour, which might be named 50th anniversary. With the centerpiece being Rime. I have a strong feeling that one of Alexander and Seventh Son will also be played.

It's also possible, they go Legacy Of The Beast with the 80s albums.
The Future Past Tour - Leg 3 confirmed!!

Stuff I would love to see would be from the completely opposite rank - making the concerts special, unique somehow. A bit of improvisation (a lengthening of certain solo sections would be enough, I wouldn't expect Maiden to turn into a jam band out of a sudden), slightly rotating setlists (even if they decided to switch around or replace a song or two on the spot), bits of spontaneity, stuff like that. I really don't want my bands to compete with Taylor Swift with the size of their screens or something.
After 50 years I think it would be safe to say this won't happen.

Well, since Bruce's hints continue - the tour will be inspired by SBIT. Unfortunately for me, why repeating yourself? If you're out of ideas, just release a new album. Seriously, I don't want to be disappointed from now, but a career spanning set is the perfect scenario (with the expected focus on the 80's). Otherwise it would be a letdown now.

I just hope the stage to be brand new. The tour should be with a theme 50 years or something with whatever little focus within it.

As for the setlist:

I expect only 2 songs from Powerslave - Rime (pretty much confirmed now) and 2 Minutes. Nicko mentioned that the title track is not an easy song for him.

The opener is curious. Moonchild again? Be Quick? Why not, if the theme is not SBIT, just the setlist (more or less). Or it will be something unexpected.

The songs I don't think will be played (and for some hope so) are: Aces High, Run To The Hills, Wicker Man, Hallowed is 50/50... or anything from the first 2 albums besides Wrathchild (I mean, it's very short and early classic) or Phantom (if they have space). Maybe Remember Tomorrow?

I hope for at least 3-4 deep cuts. We'll all be happy with that. Candidates: To Tame A Land (it's the perfect time), Infinite Dreams (Nicko played both now with his solo band), Only The Good Die Young (only because Steve said he wants to play it) and maybe Sun And Steel (easy song). Add to that 2 Reunion songs or 1 Reunion and 1 90's song that isn't FOTD and that's enough.

I doubt about songs like Still Life, Village or Total Eclipse. Ofc, there are plenty of deep cuts from the 90's and the Reunion era now.

Maybe 1 SIT song will stay. With that in mind, the potential 4 epics (plus FOTD) could be:

- Rime, Alexander, Seventh Son, Land
- Rime, Alexander, Hallowed, Phantom
- Rime, Alexander, Hallowed, FOTD
- Rime, Seventh Son, Hallowed, FOTD

Songs with chance to return: Number, Clairvoyant, 2 Minutes, Wrathchild, Moonchild(?), Phantom(?), Brave New World, The Evil That Men Do, Afraid To Shoot Strangers(?), something from POM like Die With Your Boots On(?), Prodigal Son (Bruce likes it a lot), Murders and 22AA (Nicko played them with his solo band, not easy songs for him) Killers (another tough song)...
-> more adventurous would be: No Prayer, Tailgunner, Wasting Love, Lord Of The Flies, Futureal, Ghost, Dance, Breeg/Colours.

I don't think the set would be the usual classics ala SBIT style. I think there could be 4-5 surprises, like LOTB tour. There is room. I feel like the focus (I hope so) won't be like SBIT, although Rime will be a centerpiece, I think Bruce is just teasing that they will do a Hits tour - career spanning.

Powerslave stage or some sort of desert and ice hybrid.
Desert decor alone or desert & ice has a potential to look really cool, methinks. Just don't copy the 2008 stage, like they didn't with the current tour. I know the PS stage is pure gold, but I still think they could have used the 1986 stage in 2008. It would have been fitting given the name of the tour.

I wonder if somewhere back in time II suggests a revisit to this period (which would be a letdown unless some interesting songs were actually played) or a continuation with Powerslave song(s) included.

Totally unrealistic setlist but I'd like to hear it ;-D

1. The reincarnation of benjamin breeg
2. Wasted Years
3. Be quick or be dead
4. Stranger in a strange land
5. The clansman
6. The evil that man do
7. Afraid to shoot strangers
8. Fear of the dark
9. The Trooper
10. Rime of the ancient mariner
11. The number of the beast
12. Iron Maiden

Encore:
13. Fear is the key
14. The Wicker Man
15. Remember Tomorrow

Wait, hold on, ten steps back please, when, where and how was Rime confirmed?
Bruce has mentioned it numerous times, that he wants to do it again in the last year or so (along with SSOASS sometimes).

Combine that with the way he has been ending shows this year (see you somewhere, somewhere back in time... or in the future past), hinting on SBIT, the tour, where Rime was the centerpiece and you have a very high probability of Rime returning next year.

Since teasing WOTW (that Twitter campaign), Bruce has been actively dropping the hints about what Maiden does next each tour. And there was always something to the hints. And so far, everything points towards Rime returning next year. Also, if they release a documentary next year, the best way to cash on it is with an 80s hits tour.

Also, if Time Machine, Celts, Alexander and Hell on Earth can coexist in the same set, I don't see why Hallowed, Rime, Alexander and Seventh Son wouldn't, surrounded by shorter songs.

Last edited:
Back